Trailer Trash

Fridailies (Read 31 times)

Marley and I enjoyed the cool morning during a 4 mile trail run.  I kept it short and easy in part because my (broken?) toe was throbbing.  

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

I got a really good night's sleep last night, about 9 hours. I'll run after work for 10, 15, or 20. I am not sure yet, probably 15.

LB2

Occasional Runner

I ran a few relaxed miles through Leadville this morning. The town is eerily quiet.

ESPN has failed to report on it, but I finished 3rd overall in the Leadville Beer Mile yesterday. It may be the best piece of running I've done all year.

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Game time decision to not run yesterday.

I'll get out tonight

Good luck at Leadville lace!

Good luck at Eastern States FYTC!

jonferg67

Endless trails

It was barely worth getting my running clothes on but I did a few miles this

morning just to loosen up for tomorrow. 

Lace: Nice job. Looks like Luna sandals are VERY popular.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Last day of rest, and packing and travel. We are going to stay in a yurt at the state park, so I'll have to bring camping gear for the whole family, cooking stuff, and lots of blankets. It is supposed to be around 46 degrees in the morning  - that's why I chose an August race, sure. 

At least, it's not going to be hot during the race, just low to mid-70's.

TT: nice morning run. You two are truly inspiring!

LB2: A good night's sleep is priceless!

Lace: Beer run - that counts as advanced carbo-loading, right? Congrats on third place! Good luck for the race!

Birdwell: Thanks, I'll be thinking of all you guys during the rough patches! Have a good run later.

Jonferg: Good observation of the details. Kelly has never been known to be the most fashionable guy, though. Now is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

I actually got up early and ran a few miles before work this morning.  My "cut back" month continues.

TT: nice run, wish it was cool here, but it isn't.

LB2: nice. I also went to bed early last night, I guess it's the heat down here that is grinding me down.

lace: great job on the beer mile !!!  Also good luck this weekend.

Birdwell:  So you called it?

johnferg67: That's funny....  I only did a few miles and I'm not tapering for anything.

FTYC: safe travels and once again have a great run this weekend.  I'm sure there will be a few Trashers following you and lace_up online this weekend.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

NorthernHarrier

Up and ran Madison's 10k road route as the sun rose. Felt good with a temp of 47F. Perfect. Heading to the work thing and then straight north once I am parolled later today.

Lots of racing this wknd--Good luck to at least Gator, Couch, Lace, and Jonfer that I can remember off the top of head. Sorry for any omissions.

At least I think Gator is doing Marquette this wknd. Tough, wretched course. Good luck there.

Great, now I have to get new sandals. 

Birdwell

Birdwell:  So you called it?

Managers decision. I tried arguing for a little while, but that guy is a tough one to crack .

(the reason behind it was getting stuck at work for a some couple of hours cleaning up a pile of crap. literally. We had a pipe failure on our arena sewage ejector pump. loads of fun. my #2 favorite thing to deal with)

Daydreamer1

Working until 5 pm. I took off three hours early today so I get some sleep before tomorrows race. If I actually get out on time I may do a few miles just to keep the legs loose.

Lace - Good luck at Leadville.

FTYC - I was hoping to see you before the race tomorrow morning but I doubt that I will. It just depends if I can fall asleep early tonight. Are you going to participate in the study that they are going to be doing? I filled out the questionnaire last night so I guess I will.

AT-runner

Tim

Was going to be a SRD today, but with the beautiful weather today, I brought clothes just in case I get a chance to run at lunchtime.

Lace - congratulations, you've been training for it your whole life.  It was on ESPN8, I just love "The Ocho".  I want to see the guy with the GoPro's video.

Couch - Go rock it.  Try not to be a mother this weekend and take care of yourself.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Lots of racing this wknd--Good luck to at least Gator, Couch, Lace, and Jonfer that I can remember off the top of head. Sorry for any omissions.

At least I think Gator is doing Marquette this wknd. Tough, wretched course. Good luck there.

Daydreamer1 is doing the Wild's Marathon, which is the first part of the Eastern States course, then loops back.

Run for fun.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Working until 5 pm. I took off three hours early today so I get some sleep before tomorrows race. If I actually get out on time I may do a few miles just to keep the legs loose.

Lace - Good luck at Leadville.

FTYC - I was hoping to see you before the race tomorrow morning but I doubt that I will. It just depends if I can fall asleep early tonight. Are you going to participate in the study that they are going to be doing? I filled out the questionnaire last night so I guess I will.

Yep, participating in science as well. It's going to be interesting.

Run for fun.

muppy

Plan on 5 or so mlies after work.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

Kelly, curious what your time was for the beer mile?

AT-runner

Tim

Kelly, curious what your time was for the beer mile?

Kelly, curious on how many beers you had?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!