Trailer Trash

not so sunny Sundaily (Read 29 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a short run in this am w/ my DW, 4 miles w/ about 1000' of elevation- it's a trail she discovered that I hadn't run before Big grin

qotd: are your trails seeing less traffic these days?  our traffic has dropped off considerably since the snow hit and the days have shortened

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Did 20 this morning.  It's tropical around here again today, but for some reason I felt better today than yesterday.  At 5am it was 76 deg and 100% humidity, both yesterday and today I was soaked by 5 miles.

qotd: not much snow around here, I think we're gonna hit 86 today.  Our local marathon/half-marathon is in mid-January so we are seeing lots of runners on our greenbelts.  Nice to have the company, but it will die off right afterward.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Chnaiur

Doing 8 in the park after lunch. Slept for ten hours - very healing, but I feel I could do more.

QOTD: I wouldn't know, because I'm not really getting out there, and when I do it is after dark. Actually, when I think about it, maybe I should seize the day today and do some hills in Marin.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

jonferg67

Endless trails

8 trail miles for me this morning.

QOTD: My trails are still packed, mostly due to unseasonably warm weather, I'm sure

I'll have the whole place to myself when it gets colder.

AT-runner

Tim

10 mile out and back run with DW on a logging road.  She did 9, so she had turned around before me.  On the way back, I caught her with about 1 mile to go and since she had her iPod on listening to Christmas music, I snuck up on her and ran right past.  Got her heart rate up and cleared her lungs out.  Good thing she's used to my childish behavior.  Big grin

QOTD:  The AT has much less traffic, but hunters are out on the ATV and mt bike trails, so they may have a bit more right now.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a 2 mile walk.  My legs are sore of course but overall I feel pretty good.  Tomorrow is the real test.

Finished Stone Mill.  Guess I have work on a RR.

QOTD: Dropped some from hikers but increased with hunters.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Went out for a run not feeling very well. Turned out to be a pretty decent run. Did 7.6 miles.

QOTD: Most likely. I haven't been on a real trail in over a month and since I seem to be the only person that regularly runs on most of my normal trails I'm sure the traffic is almost nonexistent.

We did an easy 5k on the road.  It was our first road run in quite a while.

QOTD: Our trail traffic is pretty constant year round except a few spikes when the weather is especially nice.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Queen of Nothing

Sue

19 really hard miles...my legs were sluggish and I was just tired from being up late Friday, not sleeping well Saturday. Earl found a deer leg.  He was stoked.  But after a couple of miles carrying it decided to bury it.

QOTD:  If was a beautiful fall day, perfect temperatures for running.  The trails had MANY Mt Bikers.   Our Mt Bikers are awesome folks here.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Crappy weekend around here. Rain, wind, and dropping temps. Managed to get out on the trails for 8 soggy miles and finished up in the dark. No light with me so I had to really crank to get out of the dark and scary woods. Wink I don't mind winter but I hate the loss of daylight. Probably have said that a few times i bet. A good wknd of running despite the weather.

Sandy--Back to back 20 milers.  Nice work!

Queen--Love the picture!

QOTD--Seems pretty much the same, mostly dependent on the weather. I seldom notice too much increase from hunters. Our state has a huge hunting culture but with millions of acres of public lands and pretty favorable landowner access the hunters are dispersed pretty nicely. Of course when I do run into any I usually stop and talk hunting with them.

Sandy-2

Sandy--Back to back 20 milers.  Nice work! 

Thanks NH.  I'm "cramming" for the Coyote.

Online watching the results come in for IM AZ, I have three friends doing it, one is done already and the other two are about 5 miles from the end.  Not that I'm ever gonna do an IM, but it is fun to support then, even if it's only from far away.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

No run today, even though I would have loved to brighten up this dreary day with a few nice muddy miles. Oh well. DD had her knee X-rayed after not having been able to stand on it for 3 days. No bones broken, but a huge bruise, which will take its time to clear up. Now why does this somehow sound familiar to me? QOTD: with just 3 weeks before the very popular annual local (road) HM here, there are runners everywhere. Even on trails, but getting less with winter setting in.

Run for fun.