Trailer Trash

Soaking Wet Wednesdailies (Read 29 times)

After taking a day off sick (me sick, not Marley), we had a nice 4 mile run in a chilly rain.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Low_O2

Morning all!

Life got in the way yesterday and I didn't get out for a run. So I got up at 4 am this morning for 12.1 miles with the dog, before anything can get in the way. I usually hate rolling out of bed and heading out the door right away, but I paused for a cup of coffee first this morning and that seemed to help.

runtraildc

Still pouring rain here, with the threat of thunder and lightning.    So, it will be a gym day instead for strength training.  I'm hoping the storms take a break so that I can also fit in a short run in this evening during swim practice.

qotd:  Other hobbies than running?  I know we all have talked about our non-running interests from time to time.  One of my other hobbies is gardening.   It's been taking time the last few weeks, cleaning things up and getting ready for the summer.  I have a shaded yard, so lots of perennials.  But we also have a community garden plot, plus raised beds in our driveway (that doesn't fit a car) so veggies too.   I often consider my gardening as an alternate workout.  A day of hauling manure and compost, bending, etc.  does take a toll.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning trailers,

The rain held off enough to have a great 6 mile run, but I was ready anyway with my trusty Brooks jacket. For the

first mile or so I was bitching to myself about the crappy weather, but then relaxed and noticed

all the vibrant colors popping out everywhere. I like it when a simple run has the ability to completely

change my attitude for the better.

QOTD: I have an extensive music collection, and still get live shows from various artists. Bob Dylan just

finished his spring tour of Japan and Hawaii. I'm also a classic film buff.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

I've been MIA lately, due to health problems.

After a great run about 10 days ago, I got very sick and even had to go to the hospital. I still have not fully recovered, but got in a few nice runs over the last few days.

6 this morning, feeling miserable and nauseous, but at least I got out in the drizzle and trotted up the hill. Feeling much better now.

I had high hopes of doing a long fun run later today, but my youngest DS is sick today, too, so I had to get my miles in before DH left for work. Life... 

TT: Hope you are all well again. Nice miles in spring showers!

O2: Brave!

traildc: Gym should be fun for a change, too. No storms here, yet.

QOTD: Currently my life is very busy with family chores and kids' fun stuff, so there's not too much time for other hobbies. I like gardening, too, but only flowers. Veggies are DH's area of strength.   And I like cooking and baking.

Have a fun day, everyone, never mind the rain!

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

Good morning, Trailers!

I snuck in an early morning mountain run today and it felt great. I've been pretty sluggish lately because I've been dealing with a minor cold but it all came together nicely this morning.

FTYC- I hope everything is ok and that you're fully on the mend.

QOTD: Not really. Running consumes most of my free time.

AT-runner

Tim

Hoping to avoid a second treadmill run today.  Thunderstorms have been pretty bad here and creeks are flooding.  2" more of rain in forecast for this afternoon then sun for the rest of the week.

Couch - Hope all is well with you and kiddos.

QOTD:  Too many.  Besides and sport related hobbies (mostly golf), woodworking would be #1.  I've made a lot of furniture over the years and right now I'm finishing up some dressers for DD#2 and her new apartment.  My father didn't know which end of a screwdriver to old, so I'm self taught, as in I learned from my mistakes.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

QOTD:  Lots of different ones.    They kind of come and go though.

These days:

1. Mountain biking
                  2. Road biking
                  3. Backpacking
                  4. Bike touring on and off road, including long distances like coast to coast
                  5. Potato cannon building/shooting
                  6. Building and playing musical instruments (dulcimers and dulcimer variants)
                  7. Fishing
                  8. Photography

Some of many that I have done in the past, some more seriously than others:

1. Road bicycle racing
                  2. Mountain bike racing
                  3. White water boating
                  4. Canoe camping
                  5. Bee keeping
                  6. Tropical fish
                  7. Motorcycle racing (hillclimb, hare scrambles, flat track, motocross, enduro)
                  8. Hunting (archery, firearm, blackpowder)
                  9. Competitive model airplane (duration indoor)
                  10. Sailing
                  11. Skiing (downhill and XC)
                  12. Gunsmithing
                  13. Woodworking
                  14. Making gear for most of my interests

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

QOTD:  Lots of different ones.    They kind of come and go though.

These days:

1. Mountain biking
                    2. Road biking
                    3. Backpacking
                    4. Bike touring on and off road, including long distances like coast to coast
                    5. Potato cannon building/shooting
                    6. Building and playing musical instruments (dulcimers and dulcimer variants)
                    7. Fishing
                    8. Photography

Some of many that I have done in the past, some more seriously than others:

1. Road bicycle racing
                    2. Mountain bike racing
                    3. White water boating
                    4. Canoe camping
                    5. Bee keeping
                    6. Tropical fish
                    7. Motorcycle racing (hillclimb, hare scrambles, flat track, motocross, enduro)
                    8. Hunting (archery, firearm, blackpowder)
                    9. Competitive model airplane (duration indoor)
                    10. Sailing
                    11. Skiing (downhill and XC)
                    12. Gunsmithing
                    13. Woodworking
                    14. Making gear for most of my interests

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Sandy-2

Yesterday I did end up on the stair torture machine for an hour (a little over 200 floors if the thing is accurate).

Early this morning it was really nice here, did a quick 10 miles before work. Cool and crisp, really nice sunrise.

After a few hours at work, I'm currently sitting In the airport waiting for a flight to NYC. My flight is delayed.... at least I am having "fun" watching all the unhealthy people getting carted around thru the terminal. Shesh.

FTYC, hope you get back to normal soon. My SIL was also sick and maybe she was in the hospital bed next to you. LOL. She is on the mend also.

qotd: between work, work travel, home stuff, DD riding and my running I have no time for other activities.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

muppy

Got in 1 mile for a stress test this morning  and then 6.6 rainy miles for a cool down.

Couch, hope you feeling better!

QOTD I guess you could say my hobby is also my part-time business, I love doing landscaping so I do that on my days off of my full-time job. Also my son and I are certified Kansas City Barbecue Society  judges, what that really means is we just eat a lot of BBQ!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My stomach is giving me some major issues today...so I didn't run in the AM but I did wash my jeep.  Plan to run tonight if whatever is bothering me works it's way out! 

QOTD:  The hubby and I MT Bike, ride Quads, just bought a dirt bike, go boating.

FTYC:  Hope you feel better soon.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

Storms kept me inside after work yesterday.

QOTD: Outside of running, I just turkey hunt, and I have started a garden this year. I am enjoying gardening.

LB2

Heading to the gym after work for a few miles and some core & squats.  It's still dumping rain on Philadelphia.

QOTD: Snowboarding, volleyball, blogging, graphic design, camping, I'm sure there's more...

Watoni

Well, it is hot here today (90+), so maybe a quick ride or run, nothing more than an hour

QOTD: Cycling and cooking