Trailer Trash

Sa-tur-dai-ly (Read 28 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Off work, it was crazy busy, and looking forward to running a few miles to finish off this week.

I ran 11 hilly miles yesterday, and enjoyed each and every step!

Just like LB, I try to maintain the miles/elevation gain of the next race in my training (at least during the hardest buildup period), but this is not always easy without running the same trails over and over again. And it is not any easier when I avoid my infamous "rattlesnake mountain" this time of year. So it might be some easier miles today.

QOTD: How is summer coming along in your area so far? Are you happy with it?

I am afraid summer is almost over here in central PA. It started late, and we had about three nice hot weeks. Then a phase with lots of storms started, and now the temps are consistently in the 70's. Morning temperatures can be down to the upper 40's.  Not my expectation for summer, I like it hot. So, I am not too happy with it. I hope summer will get a second wind soon, and temps will go up again.

Run for fun.

We took a rest day.

QOTD: It has been OK, I guess.  Not my favorite time of year though.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

moonlightrunner

I ran a loop of the course for what I hope will be my first 50k September 6. My run buddy and o drove 1.5 hours to the organized training run for it. I arrived...guess what? I FORGOT MY SHOES! She brought 2 pair so I wore her spares. She wears 7.5's. I wear 9.5's. By mile 8 my "big foot" was in agony. By mile 11 both feet were screaming. We got lost...as did almost everyone else. I was just glad to get it over with and get my feet out of those shoes. I felt like an evil stepsister dancing at the ball in Cinderella's shoes. There was no chance of the planned additional 10 miles. I think I have blisters under at least one toenail.

Qotd: our summer here has been great! Just like your FTYC, only I hate hot weather. I love a July when the highs are I'm the 70's and low 80's. Something tells me August and September could suck with hot weather.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

For some reason I decided to run a little later in the day today.  It was 95 deg, but the humidity lowers a little when the actual temps go up.  But it was still a "mad dogs and Englishmen" sort of thing.  Felt good though, my DW,DS and DD all have some sort of summer cold and so far I have escaped it, so it was good to get out and get some fresh (albeit hot) air.

qotd:  This is about our 3rd month of summer so far this year with about 2 or 3 more to go, so I guess you could say it is dragging a bit....  uuuuuugh.

tbd.

Occasional Runner

Our 1 hour flight from SLC to PHX became a 6 hour flight after being diverted due to storms in Phoenix. Thankfully, we were in the first class cabin and the plane was loaded down with beer. We survived.

I snuck in a short run this morning. It's ridiculously hot down here. I plan to lay around all day so I'll be rested for my race tonight. I'll probably be running until 2 or 3AM. I love running in the desert at night.

QOTD: We've had an amazing summer. We're going through a hot spell right now, but it's still great weather during my early morning run hours.

Daydreamer1

The day started out good. Slept in until 9. I rarely get a chance to do that but it sure felt good. Did some maintenance work on my car including trying to change the rear shocks. That isn't going so well. For some reason they are hard to get and the vehicle is only 11 years old. Guess this is the manufacturer's way of trying to get you to buy a new vehicle. Not that it will work. I'll find a way to get something to fit. I'm keeping this car until it has 300,000 miles on it!!!

Now I'm heading out for 13.1 road miles. DW is going to tag along on the bike and haul some extra water for me.

QOTD: For awhile I was hating it. The heat wasn't so bad but the humidity sucked. I'm liking the past few days as the humidity is down. I find it interesting how different the weather can be over just a short distance.  I'm only about 70 miles from FTYC and while it's gotten cooler here the temps are still in the mid 80s during the day with the lows only dropping into the mid 50s. Of course she lives more in the mountains then I do.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Spent 4 hours shoveling would chips...then lunch and beers.  Put up the Danish modern  wall unit.  It was hot today....

qotd:  so far pretty good but moving fast.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄