Trailer Trash

Sundaily! (Read 38 times)

Birdwell

Morning folks!

SRD for me after yesterday's Black Hills 50.

It just wasn't my day and I ended up dropping at 30 miles due to the time cutoff, and rebellious knees.

I learned a lot, and a race report will be coming in the near future.

dpc3

Morning folks hope all is well with everyone. Work and a plethora of visitors has been eating up my time these days.

Got in just under 10 miles in the foothills with Low_O2 and his pup this morning. It was a good run and I could tell I have been slacking lately, oh well.

Bird: Sorry to hear about the drop, add fuel to the fire for next time I am sure.

Have a good day all.

sugnim

Morning all!  Rest day for me today.  It was supposed to be a 3 hour lawn mowing session this morning, but the damn thing won't start.  Maybe I'll just take the dog to the river & call it good.

Birwell:  Sorry to hear about your race.  30 miles is still a hell of an accomplishment in my books.  I hope you feel better today.

Sandy-2

Hi Everyone,  it's nice to be home.  I got back yesterday afternoon, said a quick "hi" to the DW and DD, had something to eat, and then slept for 10 hours.

Woke up early this morning (yes jetlag can have its uses...) and did a fairly quick 16 miler.  Although it was 80 deg, it was relatively low humidity so it wasn't bad at all.  My sore throat leftover from the 'not so great' hotel in Shanghai felt much better this morning, especially after I hawked up a huge glob of mucus about 5 miles into the run this morning. I know TMI.

I also just caught up with the WS100 results, awesome, a local TX runner I know came in 8th !!!!  Also very happy about Mike Morton's 3rd place, I don't know him but was totally impressed when at RR100 earlier this year he went a little off track and simply said, "let's go fix it"  and proceeded to do about 3 or 4 extra miles.  That was early, and he crushed it the rest of the day.

Birdwell:  sorry to hear about the knee issues.

dpc: sounds like a good "come back" run.

sugnim:  maybe the mower is trying to tell you something...  enjoy the rest day.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

10 miles with DW on a damp humid run.  Temp was only 82 but dew pt was 74 at the start.  Ran a run I call Fern Gully.

Ferns for 2 miles on our downhill section.

View of Reservoir, only problem is it all uphill from here back to our car.

Birdwell - sorry about your race.  Hope nothing serious with the knee.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

Plan on 5 after work, and I really hope it's raining by then!

Birdwell, still did 30 miles, which is still quite nice!

Brian Runner

Our informal club held another successful "beginners and kids" friendly trail run this morning. Afterwards went back out for a few more miles with "the big dawgs." Hot, humid, and generally miserable, but we got 9 miles in this morning. Time to relax.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Howdy all.  13 miles in the hills this morning, started at 6:30 AM, should have started at 4:30 AM Smile

Birdwell- tough deal on the race, 30 miles is no walk in the park though- I can say that, as there is no way way I could have gone another 16 miles after my 55k Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Low_O2

Howdy All!

Ended up with a pretty good weekend of running.

Went out to Mt Taylor yesterday for 22 miles with ~6200ft of climbing and descending. It was a great run on some new trails. Saw elk, deer, turkeys, and very few people. First long run using Tailwind nutrition and it seemed to work pretty well, although I ran out of fluids at 18 miles. Also, first long run in my new Pearl Izumi Trail N2 shoes. They are much cushier than I thought they would be, but felt great with no blisters or other issues. I think I am going to like them for the downhills especially.

Got in a nice 10 miler with ~1000 ft of gain with Dpc3 and my dog this morning. Legs felt surprisingly good after a pretty solid beating on Saturdays run.

Came home and my wife wanted to go for a run, so added another 3.8 mile run/walk along the river trail pushing the stroller to finish it off.

Birdwell- Bummer on the drop, but impressive getting to the starting line of a 50 miler and completing 30 miles! I'm still too chicken for a 50 miler...

AT - looks like a nice place to run!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Afternoon,

Life is ruining my running lately.

Got home well from my MD "vacation", then the next day a water hose broke in our house, and one bathroom got flooded with hot water. Luckily no damage, just a lot of mopping and drying. I guess about 80 gallons had been spilled, which is not really terrible.

I had a nice 9 mile run yesterday, but my foot got injured somehow. The ankle felt "blocked", almost like dislocated, but I didn't twist ir turn it. It hurt until noon today, then it made a clicking, crackling feeling, and now it is much better, not locking up any more, just sore. I just hope it will heal up soon, so that I can get some miles in for my 100. Would be too bad if this threw off my training now, andd then the race.

Birdwell: Sorry to hear about your race, but 30  miles is quite a nice distance. Not worth finishing the race and wrecking your knees. Looking forward to the RR!

dpc: Always nice to see some potential to build up again...

sugnim: Maybe the mower is a wise guy and tells you to take a day off?

Sandy: Sounds like a wonderful stay in Shanghai? Hope your aches will heal up soon again. Still you've been getting in some nice miles lately!

AT: Nice fern grove. Almost looks like the fern section on one of my trails - just that it's always quite hot there for some reason.

Muppy: Sending over some rain in your direction!

Brian: Sounds like a nice morning workout. Great that your informal group keeps going!

warden: Nice - HM for breakfast!

O2: Great miles, and even better elevation gain - wow!

Watoni: Take - a - break!

Run for fun.

Watoni

Did 50 miles and just over 5000 feet cycling today. After the cycling/running double yesterday, I am not sure I can pull off the 13 trail miles I have planned for later today despite it being only in the 90s as opposed to the 100s yesterday. I need some food and perhaps a nap.

ceezy

Still cursing my decision Friday to have a hard-ish run.  Really hampered my weekend plans.

Planned for 7 today but ended up with 6, legs were still heavy and just didn't have it today. 

Think a rest is in store for Monday.

Watoni

Watoni: Take - a - break!

I did sort of -- 5.5, 5 running and 0.5 with a mix of hiking and running to practice. I blew off the 13 mile goal. I ended up with 42.5 miles for the week running, and almost 6 hours on the bike.

Thank you for the support! BTW, work has been ruining my endeavors lately. Two major events cancelled, so we will see.

Stay strong!

Details:

Bric run: http://app.strava.com/activities/63947059

Hike/run experiment (was happy with pace): http://app.strava.com/activities/63947051

Ride: http://app.strava.com/activities/63888848