Trailer Trash

Hydration Pack Review (Read 52 times)

Occasional Runner

This review was just published and I kind of like it.

http://gearjunkie.com/osprey-rev-15-hydration-pack-review

RabbitChaser

Sounds like a great pack. Looking forward to it being released so I can check one out.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I'm a big Osprey fan- have their Talon 5.5 (two actually, one for my DW and myself), Talon 11 and a Hornet 46- look forward to their release of the Rev series

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

I'm a big Osprey fan- have their Talon 5.5 (two actually, one for my DW and myself), Talon 11 and a Hornet 46- look forward to their release of the Rev series

I use the Talon 11 for daily use and I love it. They make good gear.

Kind of curious about the larger size of this pack as well.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Occasional Runner

Kind of curious about the larger size of this pack as well.

I used the Rev 1.5 and the larger pack in my 100 miler over the weekend. The next step up is the Rev 6. The bladder is the same size, but the 6 has more storage, including a collapsable bottle holder on the harness strap in front. The 6 also has a large storage area in the main body of the pack. I don't notice much difference in the feel unless I'm carrying a lot of gear in the 6. I like them both equally. The 6 is a lot more pack and will retail for $100.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

Cool stuff.  One question though; it appears that the straps ride rather high under the arms, nearly in armpit territory.  Is this just a photo angle thing or?  Clearly you haven't had any chafing issues from it but it looks like it could be a concern?

Occasional Runner

Cool stuff.  One question though; it appears that the straps ride rather high under the arms, nearly in armpit territory.  Is this just a photo angle thing or?  Clearly you haven't had any chafing issues from it but it looks like it could be a concern?

Not at all. It has the same cut as the Salomon S-Lab packs. The straps run high like wearing a vest. The pack is designed to sit right between your shoulder blades, so everything is positioned higher than what you might see on a Nathan vest. The fit is nice.