Trailer Trash

Slow run Saturday (Read 19 times)

runtraildc

Slogged a bit over 6 miles with the running group this morning.  It was slow going for everyone-- switching between the side of the road and sidewalks when we could get them.   We're expecting warm weather so everything should improve soon, but it will be a while before it is all gone.

qotd:  What's for Saturday dinner?  Going out?  Leftovers?  Usually Saturdays are 'fend for yourself' nights in which we try to clear out the random leftovers, but steaks were on sale and they looked really good.  And younger DS is skiing, so more for the rest of us!

muppy

Got in 3.4 miles last night and called it quits because the 40+ mph winds were blowing me around.  That's pretty bad considering I'm pushing 230.

QOTD  I think tonight's plan is to watch the last two episodes of true detective and we're having fish sticks and macaroni and cheese. I know I am so wild and crazy!

AT-runner

Tim

I blew off my running buddy this morning since he wanted to run around town, and I had no desire to stop and start at lights and run sidewalks. He was too worried about running on icy/snowy roads. His loss.  I had a great run on some logging / snowmobile roads. Had one section where only 1 truck had gone through and had to run in the tire track.  Was kind of hypnotizing staring down at a the track and trying not to trip. On either side of the track there was a foot of snow.  After that section stopped and talked to 2 snowmobilers who were stopped for a break and drinking beer.  At least they offered me one, but it was Bud Light, so not worth stopping for.   Ended up with close to 14.

dc - Is DS skiing at Liberty?

muppy - that wind was wild. It came up so quickly.  Windows were sure rattling in my old house.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

QOTD:  Probably go out. No plans yet, but that's how we usually roll on the weekends.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

Yeah, slow run here too. Maybe even calling it a run would be a stretch. Ended up yesterday with close to 22 so today was an hour on the trails wearing spikes with a combination of walking and slow jogging. A semi-active recovery thing. Spent some time this morning doing weights and core too. Probably a little puttzing around this afternoon but no real plans.

QOTD--Looks like I'll be making spaghetti with some store bought garlic toast. I'll find a good ale to pair it with. 

Daydreamer1

Lovely, sunny day. Really need to go for a run and I'll force myself out the door at some point. Mileage to be determined depending on how I feel.  For some reason I'm feeling tired and rundown.

That wind last night must have been a southern thing, short lived, or broken up by the mountains before it got to where I was. I didn't even realize it was windy .

QOTD: Probably going to be a nice big salad if the lettuce in the fridge is still good. DW and DD are working until late so I won't cook just for myself and DS.

NHLA

NHLA

5.5 miles Wolf Mt Rest. Tough run in crusty snow.

qotd  Spaghetti Sauce  from beyond  parsley.

Sandy-2

Saturday I did 15 mi along the river. It was cold, damp and yes, windy.  I wore a rain/windbreaker jacket. Worked great but I ended up sweating a lot underneath. The run went ok, but I was really stiff when I was done.  Helped only somewhat by a hot shower and a nap under lots of warm blankets.

I'm officially starting my core training and extreme stretching routine.  I need it really badly. I may also see if I can get a decent massage around here.

qotd:  we went to little get together at a very high-end hotel. Great group of international friends, great view, nice finger foods and drinks included. We even got a little dressed up. A bit pricy though.

tbd.