Trailer Trash

Oh No - Wednesdaily (Read 26 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

It's even colder and windier now than at 6 in the morning! 20/20 (does that sound good to you?) - 20 degrees and 20 mph winds 

Doesn't sound so good to me any more. Should have gone for a run as soon as the kids left the house...

But, braving the elements and heading out for about 6 on technical trails. I committed to MMT 100 yesterday, so "training" is calling.

QOTD: What's your "Oh No" experience today?

Run for fun.

LB2

Running about 5 after work and then doing a little weight training. I need to focus on speed for the next few weeks.

QOTD: I haven't had one today, but I had one this past weekend. It started Friday morning with a terrible sinus situation. It got worse as the day wore on and into Saturday and Sunday. This weekend was my absolute cut off to work in back to back long runs for next month's race. So, Saturday was my "Oh No" moment when I admitted to myself that I was just not prepared to run another 100 mile run next month. Luckily, I had a complimentary entrance in the race and went down to the 10 mile race, which is the one I really wanted to run anyway. I got second last year after getting lost and coming back to pass everyone in the race (not a really stacked field, but still getting lost really forced the winner and I to push very, very hard.). I'd like another crack at that loop. So, I ended up with an "Oh yeah" moment.

I was feeling a lot of pressure to run that 100 miler, but my heart just isn't in it right now. I have other interests right now that don't involve running beyond 10 miles.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Still busy busy busy and it's getting in the way of running.  I did get in a great 10 miler on Sunday on bare trails.  Now they are covered again but this time only a few inches of the white stuff.  I have not run since then partially due to the slick roads and partially due to being busy.

QOTD: That's easy. My "oh no" this morning was waking up to remember I had a dentist appt. My first ever crown.  No root canal but was still not a fun experience nonetheless.  Now my face is super numb.  Thankfully I have no meetings at work.  I can stay quiet until the numbness wears off.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

I, too, should have run early.  It's a few degrees warmer, and sunny, but the wind is bitter.  I had a double planned for today, but realized early on that is not going to happen as my legs aren't up for it.  5 miles later, in the wind.

qotd:  see above.

muppy

6.1 miles this morning.

Jamie, guess we're first crown buddies, I'm waiting now for my first crown.

QOTD  I guess it would be the porta potty I stopped at had no toilet paper, more specifically someone cut the little padlock, left it on the ground and took the TP.  I guess that would be more WTF than oh no?

AT-runner

Tim

Hopefully I brought enough to wear today. I planned for the temperature, but not the wind.  Might be a short tempo run.

Burke - Probably a good call on the hundo.  If there is pressure to run, it's not worth it.  Now go get a victory at the 10 miler.

QOTD:  Still recovering from my Monday's "Oh No" when we discovered that a new employee had been stealing. I even changed the locks on the building.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Planning on a 7+ mile road run. Yesterday's trainer and elliptical session left my knee stiff.  Actually kind of feel like running despite the cold and wind.

QOTD:  DD came upstairs and was talking with DW while I was still in bed. I could tell from the tone of her voice that she was pretty depressed and had gotten another rejection from a job interview.  She had been working full time but she was cut back due to taking a class and the fact that her current employer knows she's looking to move up in the world. Now she can't seem to find another job. She's had some interviews but comes up empty handed. So that was a big "Oh No, here we go again" moment.  Really kind of depressing.

Watoni

Hopefully my first bike ride of the year -- short but sweet after work.

QOTD: Running in the dark in what used to be my favorite shoes and tweaking my right ankle tendon again Monday night &^%$#$%% I am hoping it is a mild setback, but already the calendar for this year is looking thin ....

Oh, and El Nino is taking a break here so maybe a good time to run/cycle Smile

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nothing yet..gym at lunch...either run with the group after work or go home and do a quickie with the mutts.

QOTD:  Pulled into work and the gas light came on...and I have no money...but I do have gas cans with gas in them on my rack.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

My legs finally feel like they are recovering from Sunday's run, will get in 6-ish this evening.

qotd: got our taxes done last night, getting a refund, but now nearly as much as last year- took 15 minutes tops w/ the H&R Block lady, when we were done she said that will be $252  DW whispered to me next year we'll do our own

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Wandering Wally

Rest day today.

QOTD: Haven't had an "Oh No" moment yet today.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

bagge_pants

I didn't go on the ski trip after all - found out the people whom I would have been going with were planning to drink excessively and I would rather go to bed early and sleep in on both my days off, so I did! 9.5 hours last night.

Yesterday I also ran intervals on the treadmill and did quite a hard effort, maybe the hardest I've ever ran, except downhill experiences. I'm simultaneously training to finish a 50k and best my mile/5k in summer. So, my training is rather, all over the place, tapping into all aspects.

Today I XC skied near the house for 45 minutes.

QOTD: the only time I fell today was skiing downhill and after I ran over a pile of hidden leaves I went down and my knee landed hard on a grave plaque. I thought, "Uh Oh." But, shook it off and it feels fine, actually.

Last night I had an uh oh moment when my groin hurt after running 10+ mph on the TM. It's fine now, too.

Daydreamer1

H&R Block lady, when we were done she said that will be $252  DW whispered to me next year we'll do our own

For once, LISTEN TO YOUR WIFE. She is very wise .   $55.00 will get you Turbo Tax Premier which is good for anything up to stocks, bonds and rental properties. If you don't have any of those Deluxe is even cheaper. Turbo Tax has never led me down the wrong path.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

For once, LISTEN TO YOUR WIFE. She is very wise .   $55.00 will get you Turbo Tax Premier which is good for anything up to stocks, bonds and rental properties. If you don't have any of those Deluxe is even cheaper. Turbo Tax has never led me down the wrong path.

ours should be pretty easy and straight forward- $252 would buy several paris of shoes! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Burke - Probably a good call on the hundo.  If there is pressure to run, it's not worth it.  Now go get a victory at the 10 miler.

Hmmm. Depends on who shows up. But I'd like to at least scare that skinny man from last year. He'll probably be there. We had a great time running that course; it is beautiful.

LB2