Trailer Trash

Mondailies (Read 38 times)

Marley and I had a great 4 mile trail run. The temperature was in the upper 40's but it felt cooler because of the wind. They are calling for a little snow and ice tonight and tomorrow.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

NorthernHarrier

-8F when I got up, that's just a little beyond my comfort zone for running so it's the man cave with maybe a little longer on the elliptical. The next 3 days look like a difficult period. Maybe tomorrow, we'll see. I am entered in a snowshoe race on Sunday in upper Michigan, should be a lot nicer by then.

moonlightrunner

Harrier, I am jealous of your snow but not those temps. It was +8 this morning...and that was already too cold!

I may run after work...I think 4-5 miles.it will bereally cold....brrrrr!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

muppy

4.1 last night on the road and  a cross country course.

Northern Harrier, I don't mind the cold that much, but -8 is a little outside of my comfort zone also!

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Got in 30 miles over the weekend and my old legs need a rest day.  Snow coming tonight into tomorrow.  Calling for 2-3", so just enough to cover up all the small rocks.

Muppy - How are you feeling?  Glad to see you running again.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

I grabbed a quick 5 miler this morning on the trails. I took the pup but she was looking for a big vert day, I guess. She went straight up the mountain as soon as we got to the trail and I never saw her again until I was done with my run. I'm glad we don't HAVE to run together if we don't want to.

hog4life

I've been slacking for a week or so while visiting the FIL, time to get my azz moving. I have my first real trail race on Saturday, woohoo!

Sandy-2

SRD for me today.

tbd.

moonlightrunner

I grabbed a quick 5 miler this morning on the trails. I took the pup but she was looking for a big vert day, I guess. She went straight up the mountain as soon as we got to the trail and I never saw her again until I was done with my run. I'm glad we don't HAVE to run together if we don't want to.

When I could run someplace with my Pointer off leash that is often the way it was. Sometimes I would have to wait in the parking lot for her to finish HER run!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Uh oh... now what?

Sponge run -- weighed more (raining) at the end than at the start.  The fitness center looks better every day.

Occasional Runner

When I could run someplace with my Pointer off leash that is often the way it was. Sometimes I would have to wait in the parking lot for her to finish HER run!

She's almost always above me on a ridgeline and she knows where I am. There's a sign that we meet at when we're not together. She almost always shows up in 1 or 2 minutes. But 90% of the time, she's running with me. Sometimes she just needs her space, though.

runtraildc

Happy Monday, folks.  I have a short treadmill run and strength training planned for tonight.  Any bets to see if it will happen?  I'm at 50/50 right now, so we'll see.  Still not back to 100%.  Wasn't a bad cold either, it's just lingering around and has kicked my energy levels to the curb.

Harrier, this minnesotan was going to call you a wuss, but then I had to admit that -8 is beyond my comfort zone, too.    What's the wind chill?

John M- nice to hear from you!  Stop by more often (with photos, of course)

muppy

Muppy - How are you feeling?  Glad to see you running again.

Im doing better thanks! The Achilles tendon is better, now if I could only get the heel spur better!

sugnim

After snowing all day yesterday, the weather turned to freezing rain over night and has not stopped since.  This made for a fun shoveling experience with about 6 inches of fresh snow topped by a thick crust of ice.  After doing our driveway and our neighbor's, I didn't have any time for running this morning, but the roads were so crappy that I go to walk to work.  It was a nice mile & a half, and my umbrella was coated with ice when I got to the office.  I'm hoping to get a couple of miles in this evening after work, but it may be a non-running day for me.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I hope to get in a run tonight.

I recently watched two running movies.  They were quite polar opposites but each equally intriguing.  I don't watch too much TV anymore due to my studies but have been quite lax in my studies recently and have taken a bit of a mental break by watching stuff on netflix.

One was "The four minute mile".  It was motivating despite the reality that running that fast is reserved for the truly gifted.

The second was "Desert Runners" - a documentary about some ordinary runners that completed (or tried to complete) the grand slam of desert ultras in one year.  After watching, one thing is for certain.  I have no desire to run any of these races.

So QOTD: What do you think about running movies? Like them, hate them, don't care, etc.? Seen any good ones recently?

Have a a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday