Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 32 times)

It was really sticky and the flies were biting for our 4 mile trail run, but it was till nice to get out.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

I'll get some climbing in at the gym after work, maybe a vertical mile.

QOTD: Did you follow UTMB, and if so, were you happy with how the Americans did this year?

I followed because I had a couple of friends running. I was also hoping that AK would win. I was disappointed that he did not. Other than that, I didn't keep up with any of it.

LB2

QOTD: I didn't even know what it was until I just Googled it.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

NorthernHarrier

A little weights, core, and elliptical this morning and I might throw my mt. bike in the car for a ride tonight but I'm treating today as a rest day for the most part. I'm tired. It's a beautiful morning here but I haven't looked at the forecast yet.

QOTD--This about sums it up for me.

QOTD: I didn't even know what it was until I just Googled it.

I don't follow much of any running events. I just run.

Occasional Runner

6 trail miles with the puppy this morning. It was a crisp morning in the Wasatch. I hope it stays cool all week so the weather stays nice for my race. Gonna get another 6 or 7 tonight with my pacer for the Wasatch 100.

QOTD: I have no interest in UTMB because it routinely turns into a shit show. I was surprised to see Tony finish because he's been a total mess for about a year.

DigDug2

7 on the roads this a.m. - very humid, gross running weather.

QOTD:  not really on my radar, although I did get an irunfar tweet about it and watched some of the post-race interviews, which were interesting.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I meant to get up and run this am but the little one was up many times at night.  She started preschool today and was "anxious".  So I stayed in bed for a little extra sleep time.  Maybe tonight.

QOTD: I did not follow but did read some of irunfar's pre race stuff.  I find it hard to follow the European races - no particular reason.  It did have me thinking though.  With so many incredible distance runners out there, why doesn't someone try and get as many of the elites together for one race and see them duke it out? I know the bigger races have incentives to lure them but it doesn't seem like there ever is a race that has a deep field of elites.  From a fan's perspective, that would be fun to follow.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

No run yet, but will do the typical evening distance (7-8 miles) on the trails with the gsp after work. I hope she is feeling better. On Sunday's run she was hanging back, "dogging it" so to speak. Not sure if it was the humidity or if she had a bug. She looked like she wanted to run yesterday but I did a morning road run and made her take a day off.

QOTD: Nope. I tend to only pay attention to races where someone I know is running.

Lace - Hope you have good weather at Wasatch. I crewed out there one year, and afterwards ran part of the course up around Brighton.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Actually ran several miles yesterday and the ankle felt pretty good. I'm hopeing to get upon the mountain for a few miles on the dirt and grass roads although nothing on actual trails.

QOTD: Someone on here mentioned it and I had looked it up but then never followed the action.

I think the reason that no one puts on a race that brings together the majority of top runners probably comes down to one thing, money. Attracting or enticing all the top runners to show up at one race could get quite expensive. There are a few other pros and cons that I can think of as well.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Really warm and sticky here, flies are merciless. I'll be heading out for a few fun miles soon, nonetheless.

I got a phone call from my dad yesterday, and if things work out, he'll come to visit in October and tour the Appalachian Mountains, perhaps go all the way up to NY state, to find the insects he does research on. He needs me to go on that expedition with him, to assist with driving, getting hotels, etc..  I was thrilled - and bummed at the same time.

There is just one weekend in October that's not a football weekend, so that I can take off from work, and that's the weekend when the Tussey Mountainback 50M is held. Lucky for him, my dad chose that date for his visit, but for me that means no TMB. Still a good trade, though and I'd be pacing at the TMB, not really racing it.

So I'm still hoping that my dad will be able to come.

We went fishing yesterday and caught our first fish, a pike. Not quite as big as these ones: http://www.ladredge.com/PhotoGallery/TrophyNorthernPike/tabid/156/Default.aspx

just about 6 or 7 inches long. But the boys were still impressed.

Got a nice fire going (with very moist wood) and had some smores instead of fish. 

QOTD: Uh, what?

No, did I mention I was out fishing?

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

QOTD: I did not follow but did read some of irunfar's pre race stuff.  I find it hard to follow the European races - no particular reason.  It did have me thinking though.  With so many incredible distance runners out there, why doesn't someone try and get as many of the elites together for one race and see them duke it out? I know the bigger races have incentives to lure them but it doesn't seem like there ever is a race that has a deep field of elites.  From a fan's perspective, that would be fun to follow.

Have a great day!

That's exactly what UROC intended to do...and failed. There are a few reasons it will never work. First off, there has to be a big prize purse which is hard to come up with in ultra running. Also, athletes are somewhat beholden to their sponsors when it comes to attending races that are meaningful for marketing purposes. What's in it for their sponsors? Very little, especially when their athletes have a reduced chance to win because the field is so stacked. And of course, timing is a big deal with a race like that. There are so many important events that ultra runners "need" to attend. How do you come up with a date for a race that won't get in the way of WSER, HR100, RRR100 and so many others?

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Ran my 6 at 82 degrees and 75% humidity, in full sun. A bit on the warm side... 

Heading for my shower - wait, I might not need one any more - oh well, maybe I do.

Run for fun.

moonlightrunner

I a loser. I have not run x 2 days. Sometimes inertia sets in with all the recent changes. Hoping for 10 tonight.

Qotd: I don't follow unless one of the folks hereare running an event.

Looking at the wweather map today some of you have some nadty humidity and high tempsto deal with. Like iI had to tell YOU that. .

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I didn't get up but will get a run in after work...or lunch.  We've had Earl 5 years with no complaints...then yesterday a note was left telling us they are going to report us for his barking.  Gee we were gone all weekend!!!  I hate when people leave a note without identifying themselves...ok..ok I know he barks he's a hound dog and we live in the country...hell who do they complaint to when the coyotes howl in the middle of the night.  Lucky for me the Sheriff's office said you can't complain about a dog barking if he's barking at another animal (including dog) or a person.  Which pretty much covers when he barks...except for his first thing in the morning smell feast he will wear a muzzle for this period from now on.

QOTD:  No, I was out camping this weekend.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

SRD today.  Bad news keeps coming, my FIL passed away early this morning.  This was a case where everyone was expecting it and he was suffering, so in a way - a blessing of sorts.

qotd: Yes I followed the UTMB for parts of the day.  I was the one who posted a link and photo on Friday.  Some say that the UTMB, like the UROC, was/is tying to become the defacto "Ultra Championship" race.  Rory Bosio rocked it again.  Famous last words from the irunfar twitter by Anton K. somewhere at about the 50 or 60 mile aid station...  "give me 15 gels", unfortunately later on he suffered with bad stomach issues.  Too bad, I was really pulling for him, but been-there-done-that.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL