Trailer Trash

Tasty Tuesday (Read 28 times)

LB2

I got 5 good ones yesterday afternoon after work with the pup. He is out of shape. I'll do 3 to 5 tonight. Legs are feeling great; all the soreness is gone.

QOTD: Do you ever volunteer at races?

Yes. I do volunteer at races. The past couple of years I have worked at the Rocky Raccoon 100 mile run, and last year I also worked at the Cajun Coyote 100 mile run. All these were in support of all runners, but I was also at each crewing for specific runners. I learn a great deal from helping others in 100 mile runs. I just like being around 100 mile runs in the woods and/or mountains.

LB2

Occasional Runner

A relaxed and easy 6 miler with the dog. I spent most of the run working on commands for her. Not that she needs much training, but it's nice to reinforce things every now and then.

QOTD: I love volunteering for races, especially when I can work a busy aid station. It's always a lot of fun to help other runners when I can.

LB2

I spent most of the run working on commands for her. 

What is your favorite command for your dog? Mine is "Come on, Rudy, WTF?!?" It means, "Go!!" He seems to understand it.

LB2

Occasional Runner

What is your favorite command for your dog? Mine is "Come on, Rudy, WTF?!?" It means, "Go!!" He seems to understand it.

That's interesting. My favorite is "Knock it off!!!" which is generally employed when she's chasing an animal. That command is specifically designed to get her to pause long enough to glance at me over her shoulder before continuing on.

moonlightrunner

It will be a cold run after work tonight. Cold winter weather has made a come back here.

Qotd: I live volunteering at races. I just rarely have the opportunity due to life spilling over into running.

Qotd2: "c'mon Moo Moo!" When she falls behind. Usually followed closely be "Leave It!" When she has decided to dig a hole in pursuit of some var it. She pretty much ignores me. Which is why she has to be leashed on my newly ruined single track. I wish she was obedient.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

runtraildc

dropped the car off this morning and ran home.  11 miles with a donut stop halfway.   This was just past the pollo place, which smelled incredible, but it was still early.  Then I finally hit the trail for the last segment home so it wasn't all roads.

qotd:  a bit.  I enjoy it, but like everything, you just have to find the time.

AT-runner

Tim

7 miles on the trails on a beautiful day.  Then core workout after picking up 1 ton of wood pellets and loading them into the barn 40 pounds at a time.  

QOTD: Yes.  I've worked at AS's, I help mark a trail 50k every year, and I've been course support, and one time I was the sweeper.  Out of all the volunteer jobs, being on the course providing support is my favorite.  

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Yesterday's run felt horrible and slow, the watch said it was a decent time, today I'm sore.  Even though I'm not feeling like it I guess I should head out for 6-8 miles.

QOTD: Not yet. I'd like to sometime. I think running sweep would be kind of fun.

XtremeTaper

10 miles today. I ran my 8 mile town loop then came home and picked up LadyB to get her a few miles around the neighborhood. During my town loop I road-killed about a half dozen junior high punks who were out for a jog. They just stared at me when I said "what's up" as I cruised by them. Likely they are not used to seeing my kind out there. Good for them for being out there running though.

QOTD: I've volunteered at races a few times, yes. I believe we are planning to man the Visitor's Center aid station at Massanutten again in 2015. That's a 24 hour gig as it's one of the later aid stations in the race.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

During my town loop I road-killed about a half dozen junior high punks who were out for a jog. They just stared at me when I said "what's up" as I cruised by them. Likely they are not used to seeing my kind out there. Good for them for being out there running though.

I never catch them, but there's a big group of high school boys who run through my neighborhood after work.  Their crowd is anywhere from 3-8 kids and inevitably only one of them has a headlamp.  They probably think of me as the slow old lady who is lit up like a Christmas tree and "jogs" with her dog.  I enjoy seeing them out there though.

Tonight is a slow, easy run for me.  Tapering or something.

QOTD: I volunteered a bunch during my down time.  It's definitely fun (and harder work than you think) running an aid station.

QOTD2: I tend to yell, "DROP IT DROP IT" at Bella a lot.  She likes to eat stuff outside.

Running is dumb.

some call me Tim

Ahhh, finally. After days of snowshoeing or shoveling for workouts, today I finally got in 4 in godawful half frozen slop.

qotd: Not often enough, but I've got an RD friend who makes it fun when I do. What I like even better is crewing for a friend.

Sandy-2

To catch up...  Monday I took a rest day and Tuesday I did 5 mi up/down the small hill.  During Tuesday's run I met another westerner running, the conversation went sorta like this:

Me:   you run a lot?

Guy: yeah, I'm an ultra runner.

Me:   that's cool...

I'm planning to do another 5 up the big hill after work today.

qotd:  Yup, usually RR100 and a local marathon.  Not sure what I'll do this year. It is always a great experience, highly recommend it.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Just got home from a windy, but fun, 13 miles on the trails with 5 other friends.  Good times.

QOTD: Yes, I volunteer at several a year.  I got my ham radio license (KD0PBH) a few years ago so I could do radio support at some of the local races.  Most of the radio guys aren't exactly the picture of physical fitness, so I can go to the remote hike-in aid stations to help them out.

LB2

Most of the radio guys aren't exactly the picture of physical fitness, so I can go to the remote hike-in aid stations to help them out.

Hey, wait a minute; I was a radio operator in the Marine Corps. Actually, that is a funny story. I begged my parents to emancipate me when I was 17 so I could join. They refused at first because I told them I wanted to be in the infantry. They wanted me to have something that would translate into an occupational field in the civilian world. So, we compromised on the field of communication. I ended up with an infantry unit with all the infantry gear, PLUS a damned radio.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Went hiking...  With Earl and the old man...

QOTd2:  Come on Earl...we need to go... I've git to get to work..please......

Qotd: yes I have...I uSualky work WS but there is about 6 of you guys trying to get in so looking firward to lacing or crewing.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄