Trailer Trash

Good Morning Sunshine - Sundailies (Read 32 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

10 miles this morning with my running buddy, half on trails, half on gravel roads. It was fun, but warm and humid, and the flies were relentless.

Got a bugbite on my "lower back", where you certainly can't scratch in public... Surprised

I am tired, two more days to go, then I'll take a rest day. I have run over 75 miles in the last 7 days, and I'm eyeing the 100 by Tuesday, but not sure if this will happen, considering the heat and humidity.

QOTD: pass

Have a great Sunday, Trailers!

Run for fun.

Irish Luck

Morning!  Heading out to do 10 miles on the boardwalk (the mister and me are on vacation).  This week is all about lots of miles, naps on the beach, and relaxing on the porch.

QOTD: How many days "away" allow you to feel rejuvenated?

I'd say around 4-5; only because when the trip/vacation is longer, more effort goes into packing and I feel that more items (clothing, food, beer) are needed.

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Getting ready for 16 miles.

Couch:  Unless the bite is way in the crack feel free to itch it!  Nice miles.

QOTD:  What did you want to be as a kid and is that what you are now?

I wanted to be a Forest Ranger and my Dad discouraged me because he figured I'd be unemployed.  I still want to be a forest ranger or at least in the forest some how.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Ultra Cowboy

Headed out to run 10 with the group.  They did Double Dipsea last week.

QOTD 1: Takes 3 days.  Two to focus on having fun and one to fully appreciate it.

QOTD 2: I wanted to be a lot of things and I had a chance to do most of them.  Cowboy, and Back country packer being the most memorable.

WYBMADIITY

Save

muppy

Good morning!

Got in 6 on some hilly roads this morning.

Couch, heard those bites can be a real pain in the butt, hope it  goes away quick!

QOTD  I like a week away, but then after all the packing and driving I need another vacation!

QOTD I wanted to be the  president or a fireman, neither of those have worked out for me!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning everyone.  Got a great run in early this morning, 12 miles in the hills w/ ~ 2500' of gain- temps were great, started in low 60's, ended in the upper 60's (the benefits of getting up at 4:00 AM! Big grin).  It was a somewhat sad run as well, we're moving next Wednesday and this was probably my last run in the prairie for a long while.  I'm going to miss the beauty of the prairie, but it will be replaced with the beauty of the mountains- so all is good.

qotd 1: hell even a day away feels rejuvenating for me Smile  while I enjoy shorter backpacking trips (2-3 days), the most memorable ones though seem to be the longer ones (5-7 days)

qotd 2: wanted to be a game warden when I was a kid, somehow I managed to achieve that

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Work induced rest day for me.

FTYC - I think I killed about 10 flies during yesterdays run. They were sitting long and biting hard.

Ebur - Enjoy the vacation. I like the relaxing on the porch part.

QOTD 1: I need at least 8-10 days until I'm even ready to think about getting back to work. I work too much I suppose.  I need to become a professional vacationer.

QOTD 2: I never really knew what I wanted to do. There were a lot of things that I was interested in. Truck driver, farmer, mechanic, Fire Fighter, Army special forces medic, business person, pilot, forest ranger, and I'm sure there were a few others. In the end I've owned a small trucking buisness, been a mechanic and now a paramedic for the past 17 years. So I've done some of what I wanted and missed out on too many opportunities along the way.

Now I'd like to own a bike shop and running store. Not likely to happen in the area that I live in.

sugnim

Howdy all!  10 miles on a hilly country road with the dog this morning.  No one was out except for us & the deer.

QOTD 1:  1 day.  I'd like more, but I can slouch off the stresses of work and other things pretty easily.

QOTD 2:  I wanted to be the director of the L.A. Philharmonic, so no, I'm not what I wanted to be when I was a kid.

Snowdenrun

Morning Trailers!

FINALLY got my gar running again. Car Quest ordered the wrong part TWICE and last night I gave up on them, jerry-rigged my broken park, threw it back on and made it work. Good as new. Slept in a bit this morning, DBF is off work so he can walk the dog and I don't have to walk to work. I have so much time to get a run in! My mileage last week was pathetic. Hoping I rested my body out of my funk.

QOTD: No set number. About once every 2-3 months I take a day and be a zombie to recover. But it generally takes a few days to get back to "don't make me go back".

MTA QOTD #2: I don't really remember what I wanted to be as a kid. ..I still am a kid. Smile

DigDug2

7.5 on the trails this a.m. with my Sunday run group.  Hot, very humid and lots of deer flies, which apparently can fly faster than I can run.  Had a good run at the Finger Lakes 25K yesterday - will post a RR separately.

QOTD:  I need two solid days of down time.  If I'm going somewhere, probably 4 days minimum to feel like a real break - first and last days are never relaxing, so I need a couple of days in the middle to recharge.

QOTD:  I honestly don't recall wanting to be anything in particular, other than every young boy's dream to be the Cleveland Browns starting quarterback.  (Wait, didn't everyone?)  I'm now a lawyer.

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I did 3 HOT hours on some hilly trails today.  Garmin showed mile 3 to 4 was 525' elevation, and my legs agree with that (Jamezilla, we were on the Ironmaster Trails).  Temp was brutal, and we were running low on water.  Ended up a bit on the AT and saw my first "South Bound" through hiker of the year.  He left Katahdin ME 2 months ago and was saw him 6 miles south of 1/2 way point.

Me cooling off in clear cold stream after the run.  You can't even tell I'm sitting in 6" of water.

QOTD 1 - After 2-3 days I start to feel relaxed.

QOTD 2 - Wanted to be a doctor and help people, but unfortunately, it's not what it used to be.  Now, I spend more time with charts than I do with patients, and I hate when some LPN at an insurance company makes a decision on what care the patient needs.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Queen: Ehm... that's the problem... Wink

Muppy: That's what it is, almost literally, LOL!

QOTD1: When I worked in Germany, I had 36 paid vacation days per year. Just sayin'... I made good use of them, and even now that I have to recover a bit more quickly, it often takes me 5-6 days before I have that "vacation" feeling.

QOTD2: Airline pilot. But at the time and in Europe, there was no way to become that, being a woman. I think Germany had its first female commercial pilot in the late 80's or early 90's, and Austria (where I grew up) might still not have one.

I had a chance to become a helicopter pilot, but then I did not like that - it had to be the big jet planes, or nothing! Well, ended up being nothing, I became a researcher in engineering.

Run for fun.

Low_O2

Hello all!

Another good weekend of running for me and I'm actually feeling really solid for once, no aches or pains!

The dog and I drove up to Taos ski valley bright and early yesterday for 22 miles with ~6800 ft elevation gain up and around Wheeler Peak, the highest peak in New Mexico. It was an awesome run, one I've had on my "to do" list for a while. Saw lots of bighorn sheep, marmots and deer along with endless views from high above timberline. It was a long day with all the driving, but well worth the effort.

Today I hit the foothills for 10.3 slow easy miles with just over 2000 ft of gain.

FTYC - nice run, except the flies. You must run in some skimpy clothes to allow a bug bite that far down....

erbur- sounds like a great vacation, enjoy!

Muppy - Hilly roads are much more exciting than flat!

Warden - Sounds like a nice final run. I still miss the prairie once in a while, but sure love the mountains!

sugnim - nice run, with only the dog and deer. Doesn't get much better

Digdug - I'm sure glad we don't have to deal with either the bugs or the humidity here in the desert. Look forward to the RR.

QOTD: Not sure, but I will take as many as I can get. Which usually isn't enough....

QOTD2: I always wanted to be a Mountain Man, Jeremiah Johnson style. I guess it kind of worked out since I spend quite a bit of time wandering the mountains. Now if I could just figure out how to make a living as a mountain man...

Watoni

Good Morning,

10 miles this morning with my running buddy, half on trails, half on gravel roads. It was fun, but warm and humid, and the flies were relentless.

Got a bugbite on my "lower back", where you certainly can't scratch in public... Surprised

I am tired, two more days to go, then I'll take a rest day. I have run over 75 miles in the last 7 days, and I'm eyeing the 100 by Tuesday, but not sure if this will happen, considering the heat and humidity.

QOTD: pass

Have a great Sunday, Trailers!

Those are some awesome miles!!!!

I ran in Stinson Beach yesterday and let the hills (and downhills) put the hurt on me.

Getting ready to head out on a longish run, where I hope to train some run/hiking strategies.

Brian Runner

25 miles on the Finger Lakes Trail today. We had a group of 5  guys running and two awesome ladies driving around the mountains supporting us at road crossings. 4:45 moving time, 3,600ft of climbing. Some absolutely beautiful trails, and nobody at all out there except us.