Trailer Trash

Xterra National Trail Championships- RR (Read 48 times)

Occasional Runner

Here's a short(ish) race report from this weekend. It was a really nice race and the fall colors in the Wasatch made for a beautiful day to be in the mountains.

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2013/09/xterra-national-trail-championships.html

This week is all about resting and waiting to run the Bear 100 on Friday. I think I'm ready.

Thanks for checking it out!

Kelly

Birdwell

Nice work! Good luck at Bear this weekend!

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Nice run, Kelly....and a good read as well.  Thanks!

Good luck at Bear!

moonlightrunner

Sounds like a great race....good luck to you at Bear.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

charlesmoman

As always, a fun race report. I was at the North Coast 24-hour Endurance race at Cleveland this past weekend.

As one point - when I was feeling lousy - actually I was sick most of the time - I heard two guys talking about you.

I meant to stop at that canopy on the loop the next time to ask if they knew you personally or just had read about you.

Then I promptly forgot until after the race was over!

Forgetting is so easy to do when you are sick and tired!

RabbitChaser

Sounds like it was a great race.  I liked your race fantasy, I can see how it could keep the mind occupied. Thanks for sharing the RR and pics.

runtraildc

Thanks for the RR-- good read over the am coffee.  And good luck this weekend!

Occasional Runner

As always, a fun race report. I was at the North Coast 24-hour Endurance race at Cleveland this past weekend.

As one point - when I was feeling lousy - actually I was sick most of the time - I heard two guys talking about you.

I meant to stop at that canopy on the loop the next time to ask if they knew you personally or just had read about you.

Then I promptly forgot until after the race was over!

Forgetting is so easy to do when you are sick and tired!

Interesting. A lot of people approach me at races that know me because of my online presence. I have a lot of weird stories about random people recognizing me in the strangest places. I like meeting these people because it confirms that people actually take time out of their lives to read what I write, and I find that to be the ultimate compliment.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Nice race, and an awesome time! Congratulations!

Those trails look a bit more tame than the ones in my area, with fairly good footing. Must be fun to run on.

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

Nice race, and an awesome time! Congratulations!

Those trails look a bit more tame than the ones in my area, with fairly good footing. Must be fun to run on.

The trails in Snowbasin aren't as rocky as what you have in PA. They're actually really smooth by comparison. This race has a few nasty climbs but is otherwise really runnable. In the Wasatch, the trails in the ski areas tend to be more reasonable because the ski resorts are built on the soft slopes on the east side of the range. The other side of the mountain is where you find the jagged cliffs and super technical trails.

LB2

Nice report, Kelly. Good running. Enjoy the Bear.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Interesting. A lot of people approach me at races that know me because of my online presence. I have a lot of weird stories about random people recognizing me in the strangest places. I like meeting these people because it confirms that people actually take time out of their lives to read what I write, and I find that to be the ultimate compliment.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was Mr. Orange Shorts Jason Howland talking about you at NC24.  There was also a whole tent full of RWOL people.  Or you're just infamous now, Kelly.  Big grin

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

It wouldn't surprise me if it was Mr. Orange Shorts Jason Howland talking about you at NC24.  There was also a whole tent full of RWOL people.  Or you're just infamous now, Kelly.  Big grin

Ohhhh....it probably was Jason. I didn't know where he was running over the weekend. That makes sense because when Jason and I are together, all we talk about is Mandy.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Cool spot and nice report. Now, for the winner of the 'understatement of the race report': Gradual ascent. 

We'll call you Softshoe Kelly, or Honey Badger of the Wasatch.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Ohhhh....it probably was Jason. I didn't know where he was running over the weekend. That makes sense because when Jason and I are together, all we talk about is Mandy.

Duh.  Mandy and beer.  I know what's up.

Running is dumb.