Trailer Trash

Soggy Saturdaily (Read 27 times)

AT-runner

Tim

DW dragged me out for a wet run in the fog and drizzle.  Stayed mostly on fire roads and we ran around the 2 campgrounds at Caledonia SP, which are closed for the season. Legs felt tired and heavy, but we managed to get in 7 miles of soggy misery.  Saw a lot of cars in the lots, but didn't see anyone else out there.

Painted the ceiling and part of DD#2's attic room last night. Walls today, and then trim.  Didn't think it needed it until we started, then I realized how bad the old paint was.

DW got a text that the son of one of her coworker's died in a car crash in the heavy fog last night. Very sad. Be safe out there!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Got in 5.5 miles with the group this am.  Perfect running weather-- misty, no wind, high 40s.   It was  a slow relaxed pace set by my running friend, but I was not complaining a bit.  Got in some good hills, too.

AT-- terrible accident and such a loss to her coworker.

qotd:  pass.

Daydreamer1

I have a bunch of work to do in the garage today so probably won't get a run in. Most likely be an elliptical and bike trainer session later tonight.

AT-  Also a lot of icing on the roads, at least up this way. There was just enough of a mist  that it could freeze in some spots.

I haven't checked in for quite a long while since it has been a while since I have run.  I have been plagued with injuries, the most recent of which is a nasty infection in my leg that put me in the hospital.  I am home now and seeing some progress.  The swelling is going down after being on high doses all kinds of strong antibiotics administered by IV, orally, and even shots in the butt cheeks.  Early on they lanced and packed the wound, but the antibiotics were slow to kick in.  They now have me on one that is supposed to be effective with MRSA even though it is not yet clear if it is MRSA.  One of the docs think I probably picked it up in the hospital when I was admitted for 4 days in late November.

BTW, Marley is fine, but very worried about me.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Gator eye

We did 12 in some pretty mild weather for middle of January.  Looks like that is going to change fast, probably should of went a little longer today to make up for the slacker day I see in my future when the weather turns.

AT, that's a parents worst nightmare.

Trail- glad to hear your feeling better. And tell Marley to hang in there he'll be back on the trail in no time.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I'm chillin but planning 6 at the park later.  Soggy here too.

TrailTromper:  that sucks about your leg, hope this current treatment works.  Hospitals suck.  Same thing happened to my neighbor .  She was 90 and died a couple if days after they sent her home.  Glad Marley is doing good.  I bet she misses her runs.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

I took the new puppy out for her first trail run this morning with her big sister. Fun was had by all. I'm still a little sick, but definitely on the mend.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

runtraildc

TT- Is this what happens when you retire and move to Florida?  That's terrible- I'm sorry to hear about your leg and  I'm glad to hear that you're on the mend.  Stop by more often, running or not.  Just pictures of Marley, if nothing else.  I don't think I'm alone in saying this, but I miss her daily check-ins as an official trailer trash pup.

Hospitals suck. 

Indeed they do.  They are a great place to pick up all sorts of infections and going to one can be a dangerous thing.  Sadly sometimes they are necessary.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

TT - hope you are on the mend now with the new meds. The hospital is the likely culprit. Too many bad bugs hanging around in those halls. You forgot to mention that your dulcimers are doing well.

Kelly - must have been a bad bug you picked up too.  Saw the FB pic, new dog is cute as hell.

Dd1 - did you get to have a milkshake at the Farm Show?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in close to 13.5 half in the fog and mist this morning.  Could not warm up during the first 4-5 miles so I turned around.  Finally around mile 9 I warmed up enough to throw in some more miles.

Queen - I am already out.    I did not run yesterday.  Got home from work and crashed.

lace - good to hear your getting better.

TT - great to see you.  Been thinking about you and Marley.  That is terrible about the leg.  Hope it all works out well and you guys can get back out there in some shape or another.

Now I am off to paint.

Have a great weekend.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

Kelly - must have been a bad bug you picked up too.  Saw the FB pic, new dog is cute as hell.

It's been a rough week, but the forced downtime after ATY was probably not a bad thing.

That pup is pretty spectacular. She's already listening very well and ran off leash perfectly. She's going to be a great running buddy. She's pretty wiped out now and all she wants to do is sleep on my lap.

Daydreamer1

Dd1 - did you get to have a milkshake at the Farm Show?

I rarely get a shake. I just don't think they are all that good and there are other foods that I'd rather try. On top of that the lines at the food court were horrendous yesterday. The place wasn't even officially open yet to the general public, except for the food court and the line for the milkshakes was probably 30 minutes long .  DW wanted to go down today but I said no way. Just wasn't interested in doing the farm show crowds. It's different when I'm getting paid to be there.

TT - Thanks for checking in. I've been wondering how you and Marley were doing and missed you posting.

Jamie - I'm getting ready to put up some OSB in the garage and have a couple of quarts of paint for that. Feel free to show off your painting skills here after you're done with yours .

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Nursing a bad cough and mild fever. Looks like I'll be off the roads and trails for a few days and we're having great running weather.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

muppy

6.3 miles yesterday in a warm rain,  was rather nice.

TT and WCrunner,  hope you start feeling better!

Kelly,  sounds like you got a great puppy!

AT, that's just terrible.