Trailer Trash

Working Mondailies (Read 29 times)

Daydreamer1

I was scheduled for 12 hours today, but one of the guys is on vacation so I picked up the night shift as well. So I'm here for 24 hours which equals no running.

QOTD: Why do so few runners wear white shirts? Maybe it's just the ones I see. but most of the runners that I see wear darker colors. Yesterday I was laying out on my deck in the sun. The Temp was in the mid 70s. I covered my face with a gray shirt and realized that it was hotter at that temp then when I had done the same thing with a white shirt at 90 degrees.  I have started to wear white shirts anytime the temp goes above 65-70. I think it helps.

moonlightrunner

Day off from my job today... but very busy with grandmother duties. Cooking, cleaning. I have to say I enjoythose things more as a grandmother than I did when my kids were this age. Less pressure, I guess.

Tonight I am going to run long. I think I have forgotten what it feels like.

Qotd: I love white shirts....but I don't have any tech ones. I would wear them if I did...bit in summer I wear stretchy camisoles and don't wear t shirts.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning All!  Got a nice 8 mile run in the hills yesterday-strength train today, had a killer 11 mile day hike into the Absarokas on Saturday w/ my DW (5000' in 5 miles )- wife out-fished yet again!  got back to Chico Hotspring in time for a quick soak and our 8:00 PM diner reservations, not too shabby at all

qotd: when it's hot, I only wear white (see my avatar Big grin)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Rest day. And I need one after the back to back long runs this weekend. That second day was tough!!!

QOTD: I don't know. I rarely wear white.

LB2

moonlightrunner

Warden...beautiful pics! I envy where you live and all the fun things you do.  I am pretty sure yours is the life I envisioned would have when I was young and clueless. Way to go....you are a fortunate man!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

I went out for what was supposed to be a 5 mile hike/jog for recovery and ended up with a pretty damn impressive run. I felt really great, even running the hills. I hope this feeling isn't temporary.

QOTD: I'm pretty careful to wear white when it's warm out. I have race shirts in 3 colors, and thankfully one of those colors is white. It makes a pretty big difference, especially in the summer.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got out for 3.25 this morning.  Fall is definitely here.  It was cool--which I like.

QOTD: I don't usually pay attention to the color of shirt I wear and since I rarely run in the middle part of the day, it doesn't really matter.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Still resting the sore calf, but it is improving quickly.

QOTD: I don't worry too much about what color I wear at what temperature.  I find it doesn't matter much since I run mostly in the early morning either before the sun is up or at least before it is up very high.  Also the trails here tend to have deep shade for the majority of most runs until the leaves are off the trees and then it is cool or cold..

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

DigDug2

SRD for me - did 24 yesterday, legs feel tired but fine.

MT - great photos

QOTD:  I don't really think about shirt color - I try to avoid running in the sun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Couldn't sleep most of the night so didn't get up this am.  Still feel tired right now.  Didn't run yesterday either..like I said I would.  Will run after work with Earl. Kinda of rained this morning...that's exciting stuff around these parts.

QOTD:  Earl...I have to help him into the jeep so the white shirts I have are stained.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Hello all. Ran Stumpy's fatass trail marathon yesterday. I didn't really race it, ran it at a medium effort or heck maybe just faster than long run effort. Who knows? Who cares? Nice day with lower humidity and starting temps in the 60's but it was likely close to 80 at the finish. Chalk it up as a good long run. Will take the gsp out tonight for 7 miles or so.

QOTD: Usually when it's hot enough for a shirt I don't wear one as I sweat so much. I do have a lot of orange shirts and it's getting close to the season where I'll wear those.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

SRD.

mt - great photos.

qotd: Two words "bloody nipples".  I do much prefer to wear light colors when it's hot with direct sun, but I have to take proper precautions especially in our humid conditions down here.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

7.5 in the sun.

Warden: nice pics!

QOTD: White shirts tend to get yellowish stains under the sleeves after a while, which are almost impossible to wash out. So they look "dirty" in a kind of embarrassing way after maybe not even a whole season. Therefore I prefer colors. I own one white shirt, which does not fit as well as my other shirts, so I rarely wear it.

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

My main white shirt actually looks kind of disgusting, but since I mostly run alone I don't care too much about it. I do wish I could find a way to keep the stains to a minmum but nothing I've tried works. I just buy cheap ones at Target. They have some nice soft ones that are "nipple friendly".  Now that it's getting cooler again I'll start to run in darker shirts.