Trailer Trash

Hot Tuesdaily (Read 41 times)

Sandy-2

Big grin

qotd:

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Morning all. Running later this afternoon with my trail group. Probably get in 7 or 8 in this oh so beautiful humidity.

qotd: Has anyone ever been bitten by a venomous snake (or any snake really)?

Couch was talking about jumping over one...that would freak me out. I must admit that I know nothing about snakes or what to even do if bitten. I think I'd be screwed if I were out on a 30 mile run.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

An hour at the gym this morning (been a while since I have been there).  I am trying real hard to change things up.

QOTD 1: I have been freaked out a couple times on long runs as the color was not looking good.  But never been over 55 miles so I can imagine 100 miles could get interesting.

QOTD 2: No snake bites!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

DigDug2

5.5 on the rail trail this a.m. - 94% humidity, fun stuff.  Got home to find that one of the cats had pushed the hamster cage off the bookshelf - much broken glass to clean up, but no hamsters were harmed.

QOTD:  I don't think I've ever even seen a snake in the wild that was big enough to bite me.

LB2

Nice little 30 minute run through the woods this morning right outside the door at the new place. It felt great.

QOTD 1: Coors Light and Good should not be on the same poster. However, I usually do pretty well with hydration... except when I run out of fluids like I did at Pinhoti and saw bad go to worse. I will make up for that next year. One hundred miler is not in the cards for 2013.

QOTD 2: Never been bitten by any snake. I have been struck at while turkey hunting in the spring, and it was a miracle I wasn't bitten on that one because I was stepped directly on top of a cottonmouth.

LB2

mecrowe

Computer Geek

I've pretty much been a slacker when it comes to running since Laurel 50K at the beginning of June......I think I managed 18 miles last week. Smile   Time to get back into a groove again.

qotd:  My first time running the Laurel Ultra relay in 2011, I ran a 15 mile stretch in the heat of the day....it was 85 and humid.   I didn't drink anything and was somewhere between IPA and Guinness by the time I was done....so bad that I was having blurred vision and such things. I drank over 2 gallons of liquid before I started peeing again.  Shocked   Probably should have had medical attention but I was insistent on being out there supporting the team the rest of the day.   I have been much more careful about hydration since then.

qotd2:  I got bit by a garter snake when I was about 11.....they are not venomous but they have lots of little hook-like teeth and I still have a scar on my left ring finger.   It bit my finger and, instinctively, I yanked it off, which caused all those little teeth to dig in and tear my finger open.  I told my mother that I smashed it with a hammer 'cause she would have killed me for playing with a snake.  lol

sugnim

Good morning everyone!  Well, I actually got my butt up at 5:30 and went for a run before the real heat set in.  It was still hot, but at least the trails were empty & the sun wasn't beating down on me.  5 easy miles today with our dog.

QOTD 1:  Um, yellow, but no foam.

QOTD 2:  I've never been bitten by a snake, and I hope to keep it that way.

Daydreamer1

So my big decision for the day is, bike ride or run? I really need the running miles in my legs and they are tired from yesterday so I'll most likely head out in a few minutes to slog through a 11+ mile run.

QOTD 1: If I drink the way I know I should I'm normally between Coors Light and Pale Ale. Recently I was limiting my water intake to experiment with some GI issues and it's been more like a IPA. I'm not sure if I agree with Noakes. A couple of times I came home from the gym after a 1 hour + workout on the treadmill and it was worse then Guinness.

QOTD 2: I saw 1 black snake last year and 1 very small one of undetermined species this year. I'm good for only one a year. I hate snakes and now I'll be thinking that even small sticks on the road are snakes. Several years ago there was a runner bit by a rattler during a race on the same course that I often run on. Apparently it was a dry bite, which I'm told is common when a rattler bites a human. Supposedly they want to save their venom for prey and biting something larger is only in self defense. I don't like to dwell on this too much since most of my trail running is far, far from help with limited cell service available.

Misty

5.75 for me this morning, then a ridiculous amount of squats, push-ups and ab work during group. Hoping for a few more this evening.

qotd: I've seen several snakes, both on trails and on the street. A few weeks ago I was running trails out behind my parents place and heard a rattle. Sure enough, there he was on the edge of the trail, rattling at me. ::shudder::. He was only a couple of feet long at most but any rattler is too big IMO. Needless to say I gave him the right of way.

Misty

Bless your heart.

Low_O2

Hello all!

SRD yesterday and 4ish planned for tonight. Looking forward to the much cooler temps this week. 80's should feel downright cool after running through 100+ deg heat last week.

QOTD: Usually somewhere in the Coors light to Pale ale range. Rare occasions have gotten me around an IPA, luckily haven't reached Guinness.

QOTD2: Running in the desert, I am always on the look out for rattlers. I've been fortunate not to have any trouble with them so far(knocking on wood...)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

32 mile round trip bike commute today.  Beautiful week so far here in Wisconsin.

QOTD: I will take one hydrate and one hydrate more, please.  Big grin  And I have never been bit by a snake before.  I see lots of them, but they're pretty harmless here.  Usually little guys that I help off the trail so no one runs them over.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6 miles of hills (very early to beat the heat!) this morning

qotd1: usually do pretty good hydrating- typically very close to Coors Light (like sugnim, a distinct lack of foam Big grin)

qotd2: when I was a kid, got bit by all kinds of snakes- we would collect snakes, frogs, etc much to the chagrin of my Mom- evidently none very poisonous as I'm still kicking pretty good Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Planning on a few miles later, still helping DD and DH get out the door and head toward MD for their vacation. DH is a heavy packer, so it always takes some time, whereas when I travel, I just throw some things into a suitcase and off I am. Needless to say, I often forget the little things, like a comb, face wash, or the pajamas, or a second pair of shoes. Never the running shoes, though!

QOTD1: Very pale, lighter than Coors light. During a run, I never have experienced anything darker than the pale ale.

However, when my DD had glomerulonephritis, a kidney condition caused by strep or similar bacteria, the color of her urine was like guinness, no joke.

QOTD2: Never been bitten, but my rattlesnake encounters tend to get closer each time now, so I'll stay off that mountain for a while, and run trails only with a buddy. The gravel roads in my area are great for running, too!

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 12 miles on some logging roads today.  Heat and humidity for several more days.  I was pretty soaked by the time I was done.

Saw this little guy, either crossing the road or looking for a place to sun.  I went around the tail side and didn't try to leap over.  Rattle was pretty active, but he never coiled.

QOTD #1 - I've been IPA a few times, but try to keep it lighter.

QOTD #2 - Never bitten but see several timber rattlers and a few copper heads every year.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Snowdenrun

Morning!

Finally ran last night. A whopping 4 miles, but about all my body could handle. Stupid work is so draining sometimes. Don't they know I WANT to run??

QOTD: I drink so much water throughout the day. My Nalgene(or 15) is like my security blanket, I tote it everywhere. Generally whenever I get a random drug test through work the technician(or whoever) warns me that it may not be sufficient because of the lack of color.

#2: Never been bit. I know so little I wouldn't have a clue if it was poisonous or not, or even what to do.