Trailer Trash

St. Patrick's Tuesdaily (Read 31 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 6 easy miles today.  Legs feel really good from my weekend efforts.  Trails are muddy but winds are drying them out a bit.  Now going to cross train by picking up branches and sticks in the back yard which will take me probably 2 hours.

QOTD:  Any St. Patrick's Day plans?  Heading to an Irish pub at 4:00 for a long afternoon.  By the end of the night there should be 12-14 of us drinking a Smithwicks's or two.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I like Smithwicks. Have fun.

I'll run about 5 after work. My mind is not on running right now. I am ready to get in the woods with a shotgun and kill some turkeys. I do have a 10 mile trail race this weekend, so maybe I should rest. Nah, I don't need a taper for a 10 mile run.

QOTD: Nothing in particular.

LB2

muppy

6.4 miles this morning, did a little bit on some trails but they were quite sloppy yet.

QOTD nothing in particular, later on we are going to Middle Creek wildlife preserve to see the Snowgeese, they estimate there's 110,000 of them there.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I hope to get in a run tonight with route and distance TBD.

Muppy - that many geese? Wowza!

Jon - (from yesterday's daily) - I am jealous.  Sounds like a great living situation for you.  Would love to see some pictures - especially from your home looking at your "backyard".  Did I mention I was jealous?

QOTD: I get to work all day on this find St Pattys Day.  Yay for me! So nope, just a normal day for me.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Had 5 easy and enjoyable miles this morning. Found a spur section off my normal morning trail that I didn't know was there, had fun exploring it.

QOTD: St Pattys is also my wife and I's anniversary, but we aren't big into "special dates"...so we'll probably crack a couple beers and catch up on some of our shows once the kids go to bed. We're crazy like that.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran by this sign at an intersection between White and Blue Blazes. Seemed fitting enough for me.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Lunchtime 5 is planned.

QOTD:  Well I have my Kelly green sweater on today with a skirt and green argyle socks...heading to Gary's for $2 pint night after work and than sushi dinner..Way that last one does not quite fit.

DerekF:  St Patty's day was our first date 22 years ago.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Yesterday's yoga became today.  No run planned.

qotd:  I was turned off St Patrick's day in middle school due a teacher-nun who preached about the purity of her irish lineage to the point of being offensive/racist, getting slapped with a 'wish I were Irish' sticker (I was proud of my own heritage, thank you), and fed sickly green donuts after mass.   I figure I have had enough of St Patricks Day for my lifetime.    Now, if we want to talk Norwegian fish ball Wednesdays...

QOTD nothing in particular, later on we are going to Middle Creek wildlife preserve to see the Snowgeese, they estimate there's 110,000 of them there.

Muppy-- how long will they stay around?  Must be an incredible sight.

some call me Tim

RD for me today, not that I feel like I need it.

qotd: I've got corned beef and cabbage in the crockpot. I have no great love for drunken hooligans so I'm unlikely to go out, but gosh, I'd eat corned beef once a week if the rest of the fam would go for it.

NorthernHarrier

Never had a Swithwick.....hmmm.

Ho-hum, another day of lounging around on the beach. Did a 6 mile trail run at another state park about 10 miles away. Decent trails for Florida anyway but even the dirt around here is a good percentage of sand. So between the sun, the heat, and sand my legs just feel like lead. But we persevere, it's rough let me tell you.  I'll be up early to run the beach tomorrow with the low tide. Pretty favorable though there won't be much scenery around that early (damn).

AT--love the sign. Awesome!

Blarg--while I have been a drunken hooligan myself maybe on an occasion or two, I'm with you on avoiding that stuff.

QOTD--Well about the only thing will be some sort of seafood somewhere shortly. DW is on trip advisor right now doing some research. But back to camp right after with a campfire and some cold brews on ice. Kinda boring I guess.

some call me Tim

Ohh, not to imply that I've never been a drunken hooligan Big grin

Blarg--while I have been a drunken hooligan myself maybe on an occasion or two, I'm with you on avoiding that stuff.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

10.3 miles on the roads in mild temps.

QOTD: Had the opportunity to sample a number of Irish beers, including Guinness and Smithwick, on a trip to Ireland two years ago. My favorite was one only available locally from the Dingle Brewing Co. Besides getting in a long run today, I'll be watching NIT and NCAA play-in games.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a little over 6 miles, stayed out of the hills as it rained all day (looks like decent snow above 7000') and knew it would be muddy, so ran at a local park- loop is about 1.25 and you can run on the edge of the paved path on the grass- although you do get a few looks when you stay on the grass 

qotd: corned beef and cabbage- excellent!  my DW got some really good Irish soda bread w/ currents in it, some of the best I've ever had

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Watoni

Just plsayed some easy tennis with my oldest son.

Went to the doc for the Achilles and was unimpressed. Will be getting a second opinion Monday am.

QOTD: The vegetables will be green in dinner