Trailer Trash

2015 Goals (Read 62 times)

Occasional Runner

It's that time of year again...

What are a few things that you would like to achieve with your running in 2015? This can be mileage goals, plans to do well at a specific race, increase speed...recover from an injury, etc.

Science suggests that if you announce, or publicize your goals, you're far more likely to achieve them.

Here's what I came up with:

1. Comfortably run 4000+ miles without injury or burnout

2. Go sub 23 at Western States

3. Set a course record at the Pickled Feet 48 hour race in Idaho

4. Set the FKT on the Kokopelli Trail

5. Collect another big buckle at Leadville

6. Win the Cajun Coyote 100

7. Have fun and make new friends

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I would like to run in 2015.  Just consistent, injury free miles.  I don't want to have to take time off.  I don't want to have to be sidelined.  If I take a rest day or week, I want it to be on my own damn terms.  I just want to be able to run.  I have sacrificed pieces of my bones and cartilage and skin.  What more do the running gods want from me?!

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

lets see...

I want redemption on the Elkhorn 50k, I ran it in 2013 and got fought terrible nauseousness about half way in almost to the finish, shooting for a 8 hour finish this year

I want to finish the Don't Fence Me In in under 4 hours (3:59:59 would suffice! , I've yet to run this race, but have run the course several times on my own-always finishing over 4 hours

want to finish the Beaverhead 50k, that's it for that one 

I'm debating on the Bob Marshall Open, a grueling multi day trek across the Bob (and Great Bear and Scapegoat Wildernesses) in May- lots of snow, multiple passes to negotiate, tough navigation (you pick your route-start and end is the same for everyone) and swollen streams and rivers to ford-hey what's not like

injury free is a given

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

March - Quad State AT run with 2 friends. (52 miles total - Start in PA, do the MD & WV sections and finish in VA.)

April 12th - R2R2R run with buddy.

May 23rd - Sole Challenge 24hr

June and July - Have 2 fastpacking weekends planned with DW.

September 2nd - Labor Pains 12hr

Might add another 24 hour race in sometime (open to suggestions).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

hog4life

To become an ultra runner. When I finish the Huntsville Grand Slam, I'll be there. I would also like to break 1:50 in the HM distance. Get more comfortable putting up 45-55 mile weeks.

some call me Tim

Considering recent events I've got to put injury free at the top of the list. After that,

-First 50 miler

-Get the Boston Marathon out of my system

-Win a trail race of any distance. I came awful close this year, but couldn't seal the deal

-Establish a MUT division in my running club, and on that note

-Run some relays or XC scored trail races

-Do more crewing

-If all's still going well by summer, run one of Ian Golden's races around here. Either that or one of those crazy central PA races

-Feed people beer

Daydreamer1

1. Beat the funk I've been in lately. It's been affecting everything including my running.

2. Race more. Only did two this past year. I'd like to get that number up to 5-6.

3. Finish Call of the Wilds Marathon. It busted up my ankle last time at mile 17.

4. Figure out how to be successful at longer runs. It's mostly a GI problem I have to figure out.

I would like to run in 2015.  Just consistent, injury free miles.  I don't want to have to take time off.  I don't want to have to be sidelined.  If I take a rest day or week, I want it to be on my own damn terms.  I just want to be able to run.  I have sacrificed pieces of my bones and cartilage and skin.  What more do the running gods want from me?!

This.  Just this.  And mostly this for me.  Though I haven't had to remove pieces of my body yet, here's to that not even being a thought in my mind in 2015.

I want to race a bunch too - I'm already signed up for Mile Run and Hyner, would love to get into Megatransect.  Rothrock is on the to do list as well.

Also, I want to run my first 50k (hopefully October-ish) if all goes as planned.

But above all just injury free, good old fashioned, fun mountain runs all year long.  I wish that for all of you, too!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

1. Officially run 50M either in a fixed time or 50M race

2. Officially run 100K either in a fixed time or 100K race

3. Redeem myself at IAT 50K by finishing

4. Explore more trail races, preferably ultras

5. Have a blast at NC 24

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

I have been thinking about this. I went well beyond my set goals for 2014 and accomplished some of my 2015 goals this year, like winning a trail race. I didn't think that would happen in a 50 mile race, and I sort of downplayed it because I know it wasn't some uber competitive race. And, I know my main strength is not running fast for 50 miles; I don't even like that distance. However, I really focused on strategy and staying patient on a 95 degree day with high humidity and was able to outlast at least a few competitive local people who just blew up. So, I am proud of that. It was a good day, especially after they all laughed at my big straw hat at the start line.

1. Enjoy running as much as I did in 2014.

2. Complete Pinhoti a little faster in 2015

3. Get the t-shirt at Bobcat Bait 50 miler this year.

4. Run Bobcat Bait faster, even if it is as hot as it was last year.
                      5. Give myself a little more credit as a trail runner. I have learned a great deal in 2014 about my strengths and weaknesses, and I have a lot more strengths than I realized.

LB2

1) Hyner 50k - sub 8 would be ideal but I'm going to treat it as a long training "run"

2) Laurel Highlands - finish under the 22 hr cutoff

3) See more mountains.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

What Mandy said....

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

1) get off the couch and start running again

2) ..in time to do Hyner 50k, since I specifically DIDN'T sign up for NJM so that weekend would be free.

3) stay injury free, even if that means sacrificing #2 above.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Queen of Nothing

Sue

1)  Average 4.5 day a week of running.

2) Run to the little town of Washington from Nevada City via the Yuba river.

3) Run the Desolation Wilderness again, maybe with Chuair Watoni?

4) Hit some new trails for long runs, Sierra City, Downieville, the PCT, Graeagle.

5) Run a 50 miler.

6) Try backpacking.

7) Mt Bike More

8) Add weight training into the routine (make a woman cave or join a gym?)

9)  Stay under 125 and really cool if I got it under 120.

10)  Don't worry, be happy and don't let others

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Wellllllllllllllll......

1) First 50 miler (registered for Coldwater in late January).

2) Enjoy another Rim to Rim to Rim at the GC

3) Get DW to do Rim to River with me in the fall at the GC

4) BQ either in winter of 2015 or spring of 2016.  I'm moving an age group in 2016 so it should be "easier".

5) Havasupai Falls adventure

You people have issues