Trailer Trash

recovery hike- Stuart Peak (Read 27 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

my DW and I decided we needed to get out for some recovery exercise after our races this past weekend and decided that bagging Stuart Peak in the Rattlesnake Wilderness area would be just the ticket.  Missoula is very fortunate to have a wilderness area in it's backyard, the trail head is mere 3 miles from town.  The hike is 19 miles round trip, w/ ~ 4000' of elevation gain (and loss), so not exactly a walk in the park.

the wildflowers were really great

wilderness boundary, about 7 miles in- you can a see a hint of things to come in the background (hint it's white Big grin)

a hint of some views quickly coming up

hitting the snow in earnest now

just a little further now

but it's all up!

life is good Smile

there are several miles that are runnable, it's on my to do list to run this route

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Uh oh... now what?

We are watching the snow line go up and guessing at when we can cross for a

weekend hike--so you go and post this just to tease us into trying it before the

white stuff goes away.  Great pictures, can almost see the quiet.  Yes, life is

good -- thank you.

Birdwell

Sunshine, snow and shorts, my favorite combination of all time!

(though I must say, you wife doesn't look as enthusiastic as you in the second picture. was this one of those "It'll be easy honey" hikes? I've taken my wife on a few of those, and paid for it Black eye.  She looks much happier at the top though)

Snowdenrun

I love how your recovery hike is 19 miles! Great pictures, especially the ones of the wild flowers. I have green all round me, but it's rare to see different colors. Looks like fun!

Brilliant

Beautiful!  I love how you started with the wildflowers and ended up with the snow.

DigDug2

Beautiful - thanks for sharing.

ceezy

Beautiful - thanks for sharing.

This...thanks.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Great pics, thanks for posting.

NorthernHarrier

You're living in some great country. Awesome!  You missed one great photo shot however--where's the shot of your wife glissading down that snowpack with a big smile? Cool

E/A-- thank you for wearing some longer shorts too! Big grin

Chnaiur

Very nice - thanks for sharing!

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I miss the snow! Thanks for sharing.  Looks just about perfect.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

sugnim

Mike!  It was great to meet you & your wife at the Pengelly Double Dip race.  I hope you both had a great time.  Nice pics of Stuart Peak here.  I feel a little spoiled in that this is just a few miles from my front door.  Smile

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

thanks everyone!

Sunshine, snow and shorts, my favorite combination of all time!

(though I must say, you wife doesn't look as enthusiastic as you in the second picture. was this one of those "It'll be easy honey" hikes? I've taken my wife on a few of those, and paid for it Black eye.  She looks much happier at the top though)

after many years I'm pretty sure my wife knows that that it's almost a given it's going to be "an easy one honey" Big grin

You're living in some great country. Awesome!  You missed one great photo shot however--where's the shot of your wife glissading down that snowpack with a big smile? Cool

E/A-- thank you for wearing some longer shorts too! Big grin

I missed that shot, but indeed she did get some really good glissading in on the way down!

damn-nobody likes my short shorts!  Smile

Mike!  It was great to meet you & your wife at the Pengelly Double Dip race.  I hope you both had a great time.  Nice pics of Stuart Peak here.  I feel a little spoiled in that this is just a few miles from my front door.  Smile

Misty- was great to meet you.  We frequent Missoula quite often (lots of relatives in and near to Missoula), we'll try and hook up next time for a run or hike.

Mike

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √