Trailer Trash

Sundaily (Read 36 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning! I am sitting here contemplating the day. I should get out for my run, but I have a headache and my body hurts from 19 miles over the last 2 days. It is just so perfect for running today, I really hate to take the day off.

Qotd:  how good are you at sticking to a training plan? I am terrible at it. Between life getting in the way and my natural tendency to be very undiciplined and inconsistent...my plans go out the window shortly after implementation 

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

The pooch and  enjoyed a cool (58 F at the start) 5 mile trail run.

QOTD: I don't generally have training plans these days.  Back when I did I followed them closely.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Possibly a short recovery run later in the morning, very sore from yesterday's "run"- some running, but lots of climbing, scrambling and post holing- great trip though

qotd: pretty good, my training plan is fairly generic- a few shorter runs during the week, long run on Saturday, short on Sunday, strength train twice a week, rinse and repeat Smile

one of several grinds (my buddy is not overly fond of climbing/scrambling Big grin)

we fought some major snow lower, surprisingly (well maybe not too surprising, probably the shade of the trees and mountain) up high it wasn't too bad

the only other living things we saw were goats, this we got within 25 yards (look at the center of the pic, he blends in pretty good)

these type of vistas make it all worthwhile! Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

I'm in the same dilemma as moonlight, perfect weather, want to run, but kids should be aired out at the pool, and I'm about to run out of the "xxl" band aids to cover my trail rash for both running or swimming. So I'll have to resort to sitting on the couch all day instead.

Just kidding.

Planning on a run later, some longer distance.

Warden: looks like a great run. You do have a lot of snow up there, is this a result of accumulation over the winter, or a late snow shower?

QOTD: not so good, I let life get in between. I try to stick close to the miles per week, and I try to run as much as possible on trails and terrain similar to the goal race, but I do not stick to certain days for certain runs, and I don't put as much emphasis on long or back-to-back runs. My work schedule is also irregular, that adds to it (but also offers some opportunities for longer runs when they are not scheduled).

Enjoy the wonderful day, everyone!

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Morning all!  rest day for me as we're getting back to civilization.  Only got in two runs in the past week.  Returned from NH and Maine- Acadia and didn't find enough time to get out running, with family stuff, but lots of other activities- biking, swimming and hiking. I'll try to post a few pics later.  I definitely want to go back for more of a trail running trip.

XT-- did the loop around Jordan Pond, as you suggested.  Plus a side trail.   Beautiful run.  Not too many people.

qotd:  I'm like couch-- I try to go for weekly miles, and not worry as much as the day's plan.

Daydreamer1

Spending a beautiful day at work .

QOTD: Not very good. Something always seems to get in the way. Mostly work and life's demands.

Sandy-2

SRD. I decided to sleep in today.

Nice run MT.

I am spending this rainy day packing drop bags.  It's official:

https://www.facebook.com/hardrockhundred?hc_location=timeline

qotd: I follow the training plans I draw up pretty well, but I'm also not too obsessive about having to skip or rearrange things.

tbd.

Snowdenrun

Just finished a 6.2 on an ocean view bike path. Not to shabby. I'm finding that even though I took months off from any regular running I still have some endurance. No way can I go run a marathon or even a half right now, but I can still knock out 4-6  miles a few times a week. I was nervous I was going to be starting from square one again.

QOTD: I follow no form of training plan other than how my body feels, even that I seem to ignore a lot. I blame it on my schedule being erratic, but really it's just not in my personality to follow any plan of any sort- I'm a very spur the moment type of person.

moonlightrunner

SRD. I decided to sleep in today.

Nice run MT.

I am spending this rainy day packing drop bags.  It's official:

https://www.facebook.com/hardrockhundred?hc_location=timeline

qotd: I follow the training plans I draw up pretty well, but I'm also not too obsessive about having to skip or rearrange things.

i don't really know how to use facebook..what is your bib number?

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

Hardrock Hundred Endurance Run

13 hours ago

Don't go to sleep... you might miss an update! Welcome to the 2014 Hardrock Gary "Sandy" Horn.

You and 45 others like this.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

moonlight:  Ultrasignup indicates that my number is 141, so that is probably it.

AT: Thanks for updating the link.

My six dropbags are all packed, except the Gels.  I need to pick up a few dozen more...  (I use Gels as sort of a foundation on nutrition and then eat other stuff as my stomach/hunger dictates. Plus I have a lot of redundancy/spares factored in.)  My DD is going to crew for me, funny thing, I have decided to use the same bottle belt that she wore on her Mongolian adventure last summer - a little inspiration for me. I also have a friend who will pace me for a segment or two.

tbd.

Endurance Guy

Pain cave junkie

Over the 4th weekend,

15 beautiful single track miles with my trail running shoes and 25 single track miles on my 29er titanium mountain bike.  A tad hot and humid but terrific in the Santa Monica Mountains.

ultraendure.blogspot.com