Trailer Trash

The Saturdaily (Read 31 times)

moonlightrunner

Well...I'm up so I might as well get things started for today.

Yesterday evening I ran 9 with my run buddy. I had her lead so she can learn the turns on the trail better. Good thing...she set the pace and we ran it 2.5 minutes per mile faster than usual. I tend to run one speed...apparently I am caoeable of running faster... I just don't. It was nice to find this out.

We are meeting shortly to run 16. We are starting out in the dark. Her first 50 miler is next Saturday and she has never run trails in the dark...and she will start in the dark. So this is practice and gets the run done early.

Qotd: what do you think people find most annoying about you? I suspect it might be the fact I cannot remember names and small details about people I know casually and see often (So...where is it your kids go to school? What is you daughter's name...AGAIN). It is all part of my CRS Syndrome. Can't Remember Shit.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

I slept in today. It is one of the few days when I don't have to work on a weekend day, so I took advantage of that.

DS's cold seems to make its round through the family, but I hope it won't be quite as severe for the older ones as for the little kid.

Our oldest DS has taken my car to visit friends and relatives in PA, VA and WV, so I'll have to coordinate my running with DH's work schedule. Good thing Idon't have a serious race coming up, just "pacing" my running buddy Stephen (sticking with as a registered runner for moral support, as they don't allow official pacers) through his first 50-miler, the Tussey Mountainback, mid-October.

Our youngest is recovering from his school bus adventure yesterday. He didn't sleep too well and is up since 4:30 a.m., watching toddler TV. Which gave me some fun dreams . DH went to the bus depot with him in the evening and found everything just like DS had described. Apparently, DS remembered how to get home from there when he started out walking, but the rest of the story still makes my hair stand up straight.

Moonlight: you are putting in some serious miles there, quite respectable! I am sure you will be fine on your 50 k, and probably even really enjoy it!

QOTD: probably my tendency to interrupt people more often than I think is good. I try very hard to hold myself back, but occasionally it still happens. Ifind this just as annoying about myself as other people might, but it's a constant work in progress.

And I suffer from the CRS syndrome, too. Which does not exactly help at work - when customers ask for "the usual", I'm in trouble. 

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Morning! Just finished 4 miles with a friend.  Legs felt awful and I needed to walk at the end.  Was one of those runs where I felt I was a newbie runner on her inaugural run.  I think my legs are just tired from yesterday's intervals and strength.

moonlight- good luck on your night run later-- sounds fun!

couch- I read your other post about the bus adventure-- every parent's nightmare!  Not many 6 yo kids would have the wherewithall to know how to get off the bus, let alone find his way home.  Thank goodness for the guardian angel helping him.

qotd:  My tombstone should read 'Didn't suffer fools lightly'.  That probably says it all.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good Morning, Trailers!  It's Saturday!  Smile

I get to run today, which will be just a short little road run of 3.5 miles or so, but it's something.

QOTD: My friends get annoyed because I sometimes cancel plans or don't show up to parties/events when I say I will.  I'm not very good at being social in group settings.  I can also be indecisive, depending on the situation.  I live alone now, but in the past I've had complaints about leaving the cap off the toothpaste.  Now I buy the Colgate flip tops. 

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

Already sidetracked this morning. My daughter wanted to go to Panera and well it was a choice--eat bagels or run. So now I'm finishing my coffee and checking radar. I think I can still get things done. Just need to run a couple extra miles to compensate for the bagels I suppose. 

QOTD--You guys all sound like such losers. I'm glad I'm perfect. 

Really, where to begin? I try, I try, but I am what I am and it ain't always pretty. i could start with runtrails answer and go from there, it would be a long list I'm afraid. But I would never leave the cap off the toothpaste. That has to be about the worst infraction out there. LOL!

Daydreamer1

My ankle is still pretty sore if I try to run on it so It looks like I'll be going out on the bike for a nice long ride, hopefully 35+ miles. Maybe after that I'll try to jog lightly in the back yard.

QOTD: Definitely have the CRS syndrome to, but I think I cover that up well enough that it doesn't irritate too many people. At work most supervisors and managers don't really like me too much. I tend to call them out on the stupid decisions they make and 90% of the time I'm right. Never fails to amaze me how people with advanced degrees can make so many stupid decisions.  Overall I tend to be a quiet, loner type who doesn't say too much, but lately I've been more vocal about the hypocrisies I see in politics, business, church etc.  It doesn't matter who or what it is if I don't feel the action is right I tend to say so, even if it includes my own church or political party.  That pisses a lot of people off

Sandy-2

Did 10 miles this morning.  The first 7 were ok, but then the wheels fell off.  I don't know, I've been cutting back my mileage so that might be it, or I have a head cold (actually I'm "fighting it" and just wish that it would either go away or just hit me already).  Either way it was bad at the end.  Glad to be done.

qotd: I also tend to interrupt people and I can be a tad stubborn.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

9 miles, and in accordance to today's theme, it was not so pretty on the last few miles.

My knee acted up a bit again, and those corn muffins from yesterday did not want to stay inside my belly, too.   A few pit stops later, they had succeeded...

But, other than that, it was a nice run.

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

So I planned things out well. Got out to Indian Lake just as the rain stopped and the sky turned blue and then halfway thru my run it just started pouring. Oh well. Actually it was a warm rain and felt pretty good. Once you're wet you can't get any wetter so I just went with it. Felt great. Now a couple chores around here and then a great evening watching Badger football. It is just a huge game to start the season. Hope they represent well.

Longish for me anyway tomorrow morn in the Kettles. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Watoni

Going to try to leave work soon and get in at least a short run

QOTD: hmmmm where to begin?

moonlightrunner

Only ran 7 this morning. My run buddy had new shoes (Hokas) and they were not working out well. Running long on my own tomorrow so no big deal.

Last night a woman in town was "jogging" on apaved trail in a vvery open area. It was dark (around 940pm). She was attacked by a naked man! He pushed her to the ground, she fought him off and he ran away. Still out there.... Glad i dont jog or run on urban trails.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a 5.25 mile little thing this morning some on my "suburban trail".  Lots of cobwebs but I was happy with having a trail setting to run.

Couch - so Stephen is finally running an ultra?  It's about time.  Something tells me he really doesn't need a pacer.

QOTD: People would probably say (DW has) that I am often too quiet.  The older I get the most lost I get in my own head.  I have been zoning a lot lately. Just too much to think about.  DW is opposite where he says almost everything she is thinking.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday