Trailer Trash

Marvelous Monday (Read 34 times)

runtraildc

Morning all!

got in 7 miles on the trails in Rock Creek yesterday.  The ground is so dry here, it felt like running on pavement, but with lots of loose rocks.  My feet were sore at the end (and that never happens).  Haven't decided yet about today.  Swimming starts for the kiddos, so I may get in a few easy miles while they are in the pool.  Would be nice to visit my 'swimming/school' year trails.

qotd:  How often do you run the same route?  I am not one of those runners that does the same route, day in and day out.   While I run the  same trail system over and over, I mix up the sections and combine them differently all the time so I am not usually running the exact same run in a given week or even couple of weeks. I have four local trail systems/parks to choose from, all within a few miles from home to keep things different.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Good Morning all, hope all is well with everyone.

Got in some nice miles over the weekend...I'm starting to feel like my old self again.  The plan is for 10-14 after work around the neighborhood.

QOTD: I'm a bit of a creature of habit.  I have a good number of trails that I run on, but the majority of the time it is the same loop in the same direction.  Usually there is a good reason for the direction though (mostly which way the hills are most conducive to what I am working on).  In my neighborhood, I run mostly the same streets but I pretty much just run around randomly for a period of time then head home.

**Ask me about streaking**

DigDug2

SRD for me after a long run yesterday.

QOTD:  My daily runs during the week are all pretty much the same route - it's an out-and-back with a two mile trail loop in the middle, and I'll mix up which direction I run that two mile loop in, but otherwise it's the same route.  On weekends and longer runs, I change it up a lot.  Like runtraildc, I generally do my weekend runs in the same trail system, but the route combinations are limitless.

Have a great day, all.

Occasional Runner

I had a pretty crappy 6 mile run around some lakes in Minnesota. Something isn't right and I can't figure it out.

QOTD: I travel a lot, so I end up running a lot of different routes. But when I establish a route I like, I tend to run it a lot.

Five cool miles for the pooch and me.

QOTD: I do variations of the same trail systems but not exactly the same routes over and over.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Morning all.

Got in 13.1 miles last night on the roads. Tested out my new Salomon pack, the latest S-Lab 5 version, and really liked it. It comes with two of the squishy hydroflasks in the front, so I filled up one of those with Tailwind and then put my Nathan bladder in the pack. I think it was too big (2L) so I will probably get a smaller 1.5 L bladder to go in the pack.

Probably will get out for 6 easy miles before the Eagles game tonight.

QOTD: I tend to run the same routes because I enjoy them. That's not to say I don't mix it up, but it's also nice to go out when you already know the mileage and time it takes to run those routes, so you can go out with no gadgets.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all.

Got in 13.1 miles last night on the roads. Tested out my new Salomon pack, the latest S-Lab 5 version, and really liked it. It comes with two of the squishy hydroflasks in the front, so I filled up one of those with Tailwind and then put my Nathan bladder in the pack. I think it was too big (2L) so I will probably get a smaller 1.5 L bladder to go in the pack.

Probably will get out for 6 easy miles before the Eagles game tonight.

QOTD: I tend to run the same routes because I enjoy them. That's not to say I don't mix it up, but it's also nice to go out when you already know the mileage and time it takes to run those routes, so you can go out with no gadgets.

Just curious...did the S-lab not come with a bladder?  The S-Lab I have came with a Hydrapak 1.5L bladder and an insulation pouch with it.  I've heard others don't like the fold top design but it has always been fine by me.  Oh, if you ever want more of the squishy flasks order the ones straight from Hydrapak that aren't Solomon branded...about 50% cheaper.

**Ask me about streaking**

sugnim

Good morning trailers!  I haven't run since last Wednesday.  I'm hoping to get out for a run tomorrow morning before work.  After being together for over 11 years, my wife & I were finally able to get married this weekend in WA, so I've been a touch busy.  Big grin

QOTD:  I never run the same route twice.  At least, that's how it seems to me.  With changes in the weather, seasons, my body, and everything else, no two runs are ever the same, even if they cover the same area on a map.

Sandy-2

SRD today for me.

qotd: I try to mix it up, but I do tend to do a typical 10 mile loop for a portion of my weekend runs because I meet up with friends who do that same loop all the time.  When I travel I mix it up all the time.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

An hour run this morning.  First time wearing long sleeves in a while.  It was chilly.  Got in most of my run before the sun popped up.

QOTD: For trails I have a variety of different ones I run but unfortunately I don't get out on the trails during the weektoo much.  I tend to run to/from a local park and do various loops there so I guess I do the same thing most every time but it beats running purely through the neighborhoods.  I can mix it up at the park if I want but have a tendency to do the same loops.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Low_O2

Morning all!

Hopefully get out for a run this evening. DS has been sick so sleep as been limited the last few days, doesn't make for very good running.

Got in 13.8 miles up and down the La Luz trail Saturday. Felt pretty good but took a couple spills on the downhill which almost never happens. That kind of took the wind out of my sails so I dialed it pack and ran slow back to the truck.

QOTD: I have a good variety of routes, but usually stick to the same loop/out and back when I'm in a certain area. I like to compare my times to previous runs. I often think about mixing it up but it doesn't happen too often.

jonferg67

Endless trails

SRD for me today. Feeling the effects of 28 miles from the weekend, but also

feel like I'm recovering well.

QOTD: I mix it up often. Like others my during the week run is out the front door

so it tends to be the same/similar, and weekends are for the trails. Still finding

my go-to trails for this area, its frustrating. I got myself hooked while living in CA

then moved back to MA and happen to be in a dry spot for trails.

Chnaiur

Light jog & light weights and an attempt to stretch out my whacky back.

QOTD: I like repeating the same route so I can compare the times and my performance improvement. However, like Sugnim said, with the changes in seasons, mood, and weather, every run is a new experience.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

runtraildc

Good morning trailers!  I haven't run since last Wednesday.  I'm hoping to get out for a run tomorrow morning before work.  After being together for over 11 years, my wife & I were finally able to get married this weekend in WA, so I've been a touch busy.  Big grin

Congratulations!

Just curious...did the S-lab not come with a bladder?  The S-Lab I have came with a Hydrapak 1.5L bladder and an insulation pouch with it.  I've heard others don't like the fold top design but it has always been fine by me.  Oh, if you ever want more of the squishy flasks order the ones straight from Hydrapak that aren't Solomon branded...about 50% cheaper.

No, the most recent upgrade which just came out this summer doesn't come with a bladder. I had ordered one a couple months back (previous model) from iRunFar.com, which came with a bladder and had no flasks. I returned that one, and they ended up sending me the newer model in a larger size. From what I can tell so far, I like this design better than the previous one, though I never got to test out the older one on a run.

http://www.salomon.com/us/product/adv-skin-s-lab-hydro-5-set.html?article=351875&CMPID=ps_sports_us_PLA_641316_Sporting%2BGoods%2BOutdoor%2BRecreation%2BHydration%2BSystems&origin=pla