Trailer Trash

Cool Down Tuesdailies (Read 27 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Highs in the upper 50's for the next couple of days, snow likely in the mountains- will get 6 miles in after work

qotd: everyone injury free or at least on the mend?  seems like we've started healing up pretty well as a group, seems like it was pretty grim there for a while- injury free for me for several months (knock on wood!!!)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

DigDug2

7 on the road/rail trail - beautiful cool morning, bright moon and great sunrise.

QOTD:  Nothing big here.  Achilles have been bothering me for months, but after trying a bunch of different things I've landed on a combination of (i) ignoring them (in particular, not trying to stretch them at all) and (ii) no speed work, and that has seemed to make them 80% better, if not perfect.  Will probably take a break for a few weeks in the late fall to give them some rest.

AT-runner

Tim

I'm back from my cross country trip, did you miss me?   Great time with DS seeing the sights.  Not too much running, but a bit of hiking and beer drinking.  Drove 3067 miles.

Highlight was seeing the Badlands and most of Montana.  The Montana's Rib and Chop House in Livingston is not to be missed!

Badlands.

DS and I at Rushmore.

Old Faithful.

Beautiful Montana.  Must be a trail there somewhere.

DD#1 and I enjoying a German beer on a street restaurant in Portland.

Today, ran 6 miles today in some light drizzle.  I cut it short because I was pretty cold by the end of the run.

QOTD:  Injury free for me.  Hope everyone is on the mend.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

I'm hoping to get in a little over 8 miles on the road today.

AT - Great pictures. Road trips are the best

QOTD: Thanks for the reminder, It's time to slather my ankle in Voltaren gel again. It doesn't seem to work quite as well as some of the NSAIDs but I don't like to ingest more medications then I have to.  Overall I'm getting my stability back, but I still have some tendonitis in it. Today feels really good, Sunday was quite bad. Still going to try my 50k on Oct 5th.

Anyone hear from Jamezilla?  If I have the right name it looks like he finished 28th out of 45 in his Tri. Not too shabby and at least he didn't drown .

Occasional Runner

Went out for 5 hilly miles with the pup. I was able to run the hills fast and I felt great. I was worried about running a trail marathon this weekend, but I think I'll be trained up in time.

Before our run, my other two dogs got fed up with the skunk that's been living under my shed all summer and finally flushed it out and killed. I can't even describe the aftermath. They're quite pleased with themselves, as I'm sure that had been a long time goal of theirs. I like my running the dog the best. If there was any doubt before, this mornings massacre removed it.

QOTD: Last injury was October 2010, a few months after I first started running. Knocking on wood now...

runtraildc

Morning folks.  Thought I would drop in, despite not having run in almost a week.  Head cold still around, possibly even worse than this weekend.   My hope is to get to the gym later for some light weights and maybe a treadmill jog.  But, I got winded just carrying laundry up tow floors, so who am I kidding?

AT- of course we missed you!  Great photos!  Looks like it was a fun trip and you managed to take your time to see some sights, rather than just barreling through.

I've been wondering about Jamezilla's tri, too.  Good to get an update, DD.  Maybe he'll drop in to tell us about the good, the bad and possibly the ugly, even though it wasn't trails.

qotd:  I have generally avoided any running related injuries (aside from the odd twisted ankle, etc.) in my years of running (knock on wood).  However, I"ve been struggling with a general lack of direction and motivation this year, complicated by other injuries and life events.  I hope to get back on track soon and feel I'm getting there, albeit slowly.

Watoni

In super early to close out some stuff at work... then hopefully a nice breakfast and an afternoon/evening run.

QOTD: Hopefully the trajectory continues to be positive ... was really hoping to get a Western States qualifier in this year, but it looks as if  may have to miss my son's birthday to do it (separate thread to come).

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Great photos, AT!  It looks like you had a fun trip!

I rode my bike to work today and ran 4.4 miles last night.

QOTD: Well, I'm trying to get there.  I seem to be on an up and down sine wave at the moment.  Good run / achy run / rest / good run / achy run / rest.  Last night was an achy run, so we'll see how it goes again after a few days.  But you're right, Mike.  On the whole we all seem to be on the upswing!

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run today.  Probably a rest day...so busy.  I will be away the next two days for work stuff.  I am going to try really hard to get in some decent runs (or one run) somewhere.  I might make the extra effort to get over to VF National park - my old running grounds.  Or maybe try some new trails...found a state park on the map not too far away.  Decisions decisions...

AT - welcome back.  Looks like a great trip with the kids.

QOTD: Uh....I am running again...slowly.  Not sure I am healed. Still feeling some crazy things in my legs.  But I am running a little and biking a little and constantly evaluating what is going on.  After orthopedic appts, a MRI, a round of PT and a round at the chiropractor I am done with Dr. appts for a while.  But yes as a whole folks seem to be on the upswing.  I just hope I can latch onto the upswing.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

Planning to run after work today.  It'll only be 92 deg.  What is this "cool down" you are talking about.  Actually, I'm heading up to FTYC territory this weekend and I'm planning on some cool temps up there. Yay!!!

AT - nice photos.

I was worried about running a trail marathon this weekend, but I think I'll be trained up in time.

lace - yeah, I think you need to do some more long runs...  The last marathon I did they asked me to fill out a survey and one of the questions was "what was your longest training run?"  Hee hee.

qotd: Glad to see that everyone is on the mend at the moment.  I'm also hanging in there, but I am going to get my shoulder looked at tomorrow. I hurt it avoiding a face-plant last June and it zings me in certain positions (especially at night), but it hasn't affected my running.  I think it's a rotator cuff issue.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

jonferg67

Endless trails

I went out for an out n back 8 miler but then decided to do the 8 mile loop instead;
                        there's something more satisfying to me about a loop unless the out n back includes

a good climb.

I spent last weekend in NY and hit the trails in Tallman SP in Pailsades. In the 3 weekends

I've spent in NY I've run on more unique trails than my 2 years here in MA, 2 more weeks

till move day.

AT: nice pics.

QOTD: I had a calf strain this spring, put me out for a couple weeks. I have an ongoing

little pain in my left ankle, but nothing to prevent running up to 20ish miles. I think last

winter did a number on some of us.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

You didn't think I wouldn't write a race report did you?

Taking it easy, getting my life in order today.  Not sure when I will resume training.

QOTD: I'm in good shape...nothing worth mentioning.

**Ask me about streaking**

Marley ran along for a few miles along side my mountain bike.  I salvaged a 4' long 7" diameter cherry log from a long dead blow down.  I hauled it back to the car on the back of the bike.

QOTD: On the mend I hope.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

XtremeTaper

Last night the gsp and I did our normal 7 mile loop at Coventry Woods. I picked a good night to leave the watch at home as I was really slogging it. Great thing about running watch free is sure you can tell you are slogging it but since there is nothing measuring time it's immaterial. Tonight will be a similar distance on some trails at Green Lane I think. Oh, cool, yes. I wore a shirt last night during my run for the first time in awhile.

QOTD: Seem to be having a pretty good year running health wise. No serious injuries to report, heck barely any mild ones. Is it the regular visits to the voodoo chiro, transition to zero drop shoes, or am I just back to my normal self. I don't know, but I'm not complaining.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Haven't run since Friday even though I keep saying I am going to....dinner with girlfriends tonight but I cOuld squeeze a run in between work and dinner.  

Qotd:  I have some mental issues that are affecting my ability to get out and run..even though running would improve these mental issues.  I have been physically healthy for years.  I think it's because I don't train very hard; or I don't train just run.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄