Trailer Trash

A new level of hokiness... nothing to do with Hoka (Read 50 times)

Uh oh... now what?

Someone mistook what I was doing for running the other day and then I saw this:

http://www.thegreatbullrun.com/

There is something terribly wrong here (or on that Web site).

This is from Running with the Bulls two years ago - on local Musk Ox Farm. This year's race was yesterday. (just cut and pasted this from another post)

http://www.adn.com/2011/08/07/2004493/running-with-the-bulls-at-the.html

But musk ox - in their own pastures, runners in our pastures. The managers mow a path for us. The funny thing is this race is the closest I do to a race that might be appropriate to plug in any calculator. Hills are gentle. Nothing technical.  First year I did it, it was 10k. (last year I think they had trouble mowing in the rain so it was only about 5.5mi or so)  It's fun to watch the musk ox run, esp. when they charge those stands of tires (not sure what they're called).

Running with the Reindeer is a major event in Fur Rondy (winter festival in Anchorage). In that, the runners start first, then the reindeer - and they do intermix. (haven't done that one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsjQ50bixJ8

Yea, the reindeer are domestic on a farm that visitors can visit, so are probably used to being around people.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
      XtremeTaper

Line up suckers.. for the 1/4 mile bull run and post run tomato fight. Egad.

The only think hokier is not seeing "Run Gently Out There" in the most recent copy of ultrarunning.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

The only think hokier is not seeing "Run Gently Out There" in the most recent copy of ultrarunning.

Me too. That's what I looked forward to when new UR came.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
          MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

The picture of the tomato food fight is a little disturbing.

Running is dumb.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Even though one of our locals had two articles and I was happy for him,  I missed John.

Uh oh... now what?

Kinds words, thank you.  It was a wonderful gift, but has ended.

On the other hand, "Run gently out there"© has its own little mark

now [hint hint Wink ].

Thank you, each and all, for reading and the wonderful comments

over the years.

rgot

John M.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

now [hint hint Wink ].

Thank you, each and all, for reading and the wonderful comments

over the years.

rgot

John M.

Oh no!  Ultra Running will never be the same.  Sad  I am glad my name first appeared in an issue while RGOT was still there.

Running is dumb.

LB2

I did look forward to that column, John. Thanks.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

now [hint hint Wink ].

Finally agreed to that movie deal Big grin

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!