Trailer Trash

The Twerkin' Fridaily (Read 35 times)

Sandy-2

Good morning everyone.  It's Friday!!!!  Hope you get a 3-day weekend.  SRD for me today.  (By the way, do ya like my new photo?)

qotd: will you follow the UTMB 100 miler today?

Ans:  Yup.  Not much happening at work anyway.  It starts at 1030am EST today.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

The pooch and I did a pleasant 5 miles of trail this morning.  The only downside was the bumper crop of spider webs.

QOTD: No.

We had a scare with Mom the day before yesterday, but she is much improved now.

Off topic, but I have been messing with potato cannons a lot lately and just test fired my latest potato cannon design. My new home made quick dump valve makes a tremendous difference. It just clocked 316 MPH on my home built chronograph! That is nearly twice as fast as previous designs that I tested and it was only at about 90 PSI. I am reluctant to go too high on the pressure because the tank is not pressure rated PVC. Once the design is well tested I may build one out of higher quality materials.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Morning!  Got in 3.5 miles last night with DS--speedwork in the humidity.  Not pretty.  He is getting ready for XC starting next week.  Was thinking about getting in a longer run today instead of tomorrow, but now tomorrow is looking much better heat and humidity-wise.  Maybe I'll take a rest day and do some much needed clean up of the garden (off work today).

Sandy- nice pic!

TT- good to hear that your Mom is better.  And, can you make me a motion -triggered potato gun to chase off the deer in my yard?  They've gotten quite bold.

qotd- no.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Just back from 7 miles in the muggy heat and blazing sun. Now that was a slow run...

Sandy: I saw your pic earlier in the Ultra forum. Nice shot. Isn't it funny how much a picture of a successful race can motivate one?

TT: Glad your mom is better again. That potato gun thing sounds quite scary. My neighbor would appreciate it to scare off the groundhogs and skunks that have been chewing away on her squashes lately. Ever thought of launching a small series?

traildc: Wise to adjust the plan to the weather. Not all heat runs are fun.

QOTD: No.

Enjoy the day, I hope many will get a nice weekend! (I'll have to work, but I like it.)

Run for fun.

sugnim

Good morning everyone.  Twerkin' huh?  Can't say I've tried it.  Although there have probably been a few trail moments when I was in need of a quick duck behind a bush, and perhaps my movements were close.  Maybe.

I got in a nice 5 & a quarter miles this morning.  We got a good thunderstorm last night, so everything was fresh and smelling good today.

QOTD:  No.  There are a few people from my town who are running it, but I'll just wait to read their race reports.

Trail Tromper:  Aim that potato cannon toward my grill.  I'll have the foil, butter & onions waiting.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Little tweak in the lower back this am so I will take the day off.  So tweakin Friday is more like it.

QOTD:  No.

TT:  Glad your Mom is doing a little better.  As for the potato canyon, me thinks you have too much time on your hands.  Smile Have fun you earned it.

Sandy:  Yes nice picture.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

muppy

Plan on a few miles after work, need to see how energetic I am.

TT, Glad to her mom is better, and potato guns rock!

QOTD Nope, busy day at work for me.

Sandy-2

Ok for all you folks not watching UTMB, here's a clip of the start.  Doesn't it look like fun?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfqNrdxoATY&feature=youtu.be

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Brian Runner

May or may not run today. Had a good group workout last night. 4 x 1000 on the track at around 3:40 each, followed by another 6 miles on the road after dark, much of it far too fast. Fitness is really coming along. Runs of 20, 20 and 27 over the last three weekend, and entering the final stretch before The Green Monster 50k on October 13.

NorthernHarrier

Up and out early. Did a rather slow almost 2 hours out at Donald park. Way hot and way muggy.  Got 'er done though--it was an heroic effort. Big grin  Heading north later, about the time everyone in Wi. and Illinois will be-should be a real fun drive but we will be coming back real late on Sunday and then spend Labor day just hanging out around the home base.

Slowdown--Yup, the photo works!

TT--very cool--you sound real juvenile, I like it.

runtrail--remember in the old days how it was kinda cool to see a deer? Now, not so much. Used to have a neighbor up north that had these massive feeders for the deer so of course they would just get dumbed down and hang around. I would have a couple dozen bedding down in my yard constantly. Pretty sad actually.

couch-- you are racking up some big time miles it sounds like. Glad it's going well.

Everyone else have a great weekend.

QOTD--No.  Sorry but I never follow any races, couldn't name 10 elite runners.

Chnaiur

Did 18 miles with 3400ft top-to-bottom vertical last night.. Finished the run at 9:30pm, but couldn't sleep until after midnight.

Today just 2-3 miles and weights. I hit my weekly target yesterday, and I may take a day or two off this weekend.

QOTD: No. I'm content with reading race reports afterwards.

QOTD2: Can anyone recommend good brands for running shorts? This is obviously individual, but I'd like to start looking somewhere reasonable. It seems ever pair I own chafe in a different spot.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Watoni

Ride today .... need to get my cycling on.

Want to run as well, but also want to take it easy since my left foot (intersection of foot and ankle is still tender and a bit swollen. So strange how small things magnify. I hit that area before Leadville on a step. It was a bit swollen, so it swelled even more during Leadville and was chafing in the last 30 miles. Right foot was perfectly fine in that regard.

I am aiming for a great Stinson Beach run and Tam ascent on the bike this weekend

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Got blood work back, and looks like I need a boost in my thyroid meds.  Knew it was coming due to recent weight gain and increased fatigue.  Endocrinologist told me that as poor as my thyroid is working, he's surprised I torture myself with running.  He's 5'10 and maybe 270, so I just smiled.  I didn't tell him that I just made plans to run Labor Pains this weekend.

Happy Friday, everyone.

QOTD:  Maybe tonight when I get the chance.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Snowdenrun

Afternoon Trailers

Ran a bit over 6 today. Furthest distance since that marathon I ran almost a month ago. Feet hurt. Knees hurt. Hips hurt. I definitely thought I'd bounce back a lot quicker.

QOTD: Nope.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

QOTD2: Can anyone recommend good brands for running shorts? This is obviously individual, but I'd like to start looking somewhere reasonable. It seems ever pair I own chafe in a different spot.

I obviously have no experience with men's apparel, but I like Saucony. I get the sale stuff directly from their website (saucony.com), it's pretty affordable and great quality. Fit is individual, of course.

Run for fun.