Trailer Trash

Thirsty Thursdaily (Read 227 times)

sugnim

Good morning everyone!  A nice 5 miles along the riverfront trail last night after work; yoga for runners class this evening.  I am very much looking forward to a really good stretch tonight.

QOTD:  I've never really had a coach.  I did sign up for a marathon training class last spring, but I ended up not really going & making my own training plan.  I'm not one for big group runs, and I enjoy spontaneity too much to stick to any scheduled routes or mileage.

TrailsnCocktails: your run this evening sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

Good morning everyone!  A nice 5 miles along the riverfront trail last night after work; yoga for runners class this evening.  I am very much looking forward to a really good stretch tonight.

QOTD:  I've never really had a coach.  I did sign up for a marathon training class last spring, but I ended up not really going & making my own training plan.  I'm not one for big group runs, and I enjoy spontaneity too much to stick to any scheduled routes or mileage.

TrailsnCocktails: your run this evening sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

I can't wait! Just bought a santa hat and a light up necklace to wear Smile The trick might be trying to keep those on during the run... 

I didn't answer the QOTD earlier, but I'm with sugnim. I did Team in Training in the Spring and gained a lot of marathon training knowledge from the coaches, but I am definitely  not a huge fan of following other peoples instructions. I'd rather just do my own thing and hold myself accountable. 

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Vicariously running with everyone , taking a few days off to help my knee calm down

QOTD : I have competed to the National level with my horses and have used coaches/trainers every step of the way . I would not even consider it for running , it could be because I am not a competitve runner and do it just for fun .

Sandy-2

Actually got my butt outta bed this morning and did 4 easy miles.  The ankles are still doing fine, I may even stretch out and run a little longer this weekend.

FTYC, glad to hear the patient is doing well.

FTYC and QoN: from yesterday...  I always get these strange looks from people when I actually throw the gel wrappers into the garbage cans instead of the ground during a road marathon.  I carry a handheld so I don't use the cups.  I just can't bring myself to chuck the gel wrappers on the ground for someone else to pick up, or worse they go down a drain like you said about CIM.

qotd: Not since high school.

tbd.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

some easy miles last night....some more on tap for tonight.

qotd:   I prefer to have random internet strangers as a running coach Smile

AT-runner

Tim

Good afternoon.  Finished 6 miles in the woods.  Not a person in sight since hunting season is over; just the way i like it.

QOTD: When I started running ultras during the early days of RWOL, John M was my coach.  He directed me to all the useful web sites for information including Ultra List and Kevin Sayers UltRunR Site..  I've coached HS sports for many years, and when I run with other coaches we critique each other, but it never works.  We usually fall back into our long standing habits.  

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Trail Monster

Kelly, nice 6. I'm always shocked to see you posting single digit miles. And, yes, I'm trying out a 'coach', really just another ultra beast who does things I'd like to try someday. I don't always listen either, as evidenced by today's workout.

Bird, pools sound so great in theory. Then I get in one and smell like chlorine and inhale and swallow nasty water and my hair gets all gross. Guess I'll never be a triathlete.

NH, hope it goes well today!

FSF, WTG on running with the wife. DH says he's going to run with me this weekend but several of his buddies are coming along which means we'll be on the same course but I will be left in the dust.

TnC, there used to be a run through the lights here and I always wanted to do it but never did. Then they said they could no longer afford the lights. I wish I had done it when I had the chance!

Majope, keep that snow to yourself okay?!

FTYC, glad your DH is doing well! I love the Cascadias too. I think I might buy a new pair soon as mine are from 2009.

Schedule called for one hour with 4 x 800m repeats with 400m recovery so this is what happened: 6.5 miles at 9:15 avg. pace this morning. Consisted of 1 mile warm up, 7 x 800m (8:34 pace) with 400m recovery (10:00 pace), half mile cool down. Hoping all this speed work will lead to a faster marathon at Shamrock plus (maybe) a sub-24 minute 5k. I'm at 24:27 right now and dying to catch some of the local speed demons. (DH runs a 21Tight lippedx usually and I wouldn't mind catching him either) 

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Watoni

Great 12 miles in the Headlands this morning. Once the sun was up (and my stomach calmed down) it was spectacular! Now I am really going to rest that wonky ankle by biking over the next few days, but this was too good to pass up

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/pXYOFBOut88UNhAkH5lZpNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=embedwebsite

QOTD: No, but I have thought about it. I just need ultra wisdom

LB2

Busy, busy today. Seems like it is like that too often lately. Anyway, the 12K went great last night, averaged 7:44 per mile and felt fine at the end. I did notice a bit of a "thunderous stride", but no damage done. Half marathon this weekend with a 70% chance of rain. WooHoo!!! Brings back memories... of most races I have run. If I was an ancient mariner, I would have been thrown overboard many years ago as the obvious source of bad luck on the high seas. Rest today. Three or four in the morning.

QOTD: No coach.

LB2

Hobby Jogger

5 miles for me today.  I explored some bits of nearby trail that wind around the picnic pavilions on the state park.  Not a bad change of pace, but kind of boring.

QOTD: Nope.  Never even thought about a coach, and can't see it ever happening.

5/4/19 - Twilight Zone 24 Hour

Occasional Runner

Kelly, nice 6. I'm always shocked to see you posting single digit miles.

I put up a lot of triple digit miles too. There comes a time when laying down a 20 mile training run becomes more detrimental than beneficial. It's important to know the difference between training and doing damage. There is a method to my madness.

skeene07

Dirty Girl

6 miles at Rocky Ridge right at dusk when they were turning on the lights for their Christmas Magic light show. Looked pretty cool from what I could see.

QOTD: I would LOVE a running coach for a bit! But I want someone local that could occasionally run with me at the beginning. I have yet to find someone like that. Run with me once a week and then tell me what to do the rest of the week. I've paid for a PT in the past with excellent results and would pay for a running coach for the same.

http://staceyrunsandeats.blogspot.com/

4/13 Bull Run Run 50 miler- DONE!