Trailer Trash

Thursdailies (Read 32 times)

Marley and I had a nice 3 mile trail run. The knee wasn't 100% but wasn't too bad either.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

Weather cancelled my plans for yesterday. The lightning was just insane. I am joining a gym today, and I have a meeting tonight at 6. So, I'll use those treadmills there to get a good hill workout.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

morning trailers- my "heat" training never materialized the last couple of afternoons (not complaining mind you Smile)- both afternoons storms rolled in and cooled it down into the upper 60's.  I am getting fractionally faster- the last two runs I've shaved a couple of minutes off a favorite 6 mile loop

qotd: do you keep track of your runs?  mileage, time, etc?  I use a free software online- it also lets me store routes- it's fun to see past times, keep track of monthly mileage etc

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

DigDug2

7 this morning on the roads.  Not hot but unpleasantly humid.  Legs feeling a little beat up, but I sit at a desk all day so they shouldn't complain.

QOTD:  I keep track of mileage in a diary/planner (where I sometimes add commentary after a particularly good or bad run, race summaries, injury status, etc.) and on a simple spreadsheet (just to do the math).  I don't keep track of times anymore, except for speed workouts where I'm targeting certain paces.  (That's one of my biggest training changes over the last few years - not wearing a watch, not keeping track of times on regular daily runs.)  I occasionally use my mapmyrun app when running a new route to measure mileage and store route maps for future use.

Have a great day, all - go Team USA!

First week of a local 3.6 mile XC race series was last night.  My PR from last July was 48 something.  Last night I did it in 44 something.  A 4+ minute improvement. Woot!!!!!

I love numbers, so I always wear my Garmin and upload to several sites.  Most of the time I pay little attention to the Garmin while I'm out there, mostly the mileage if I'm on an unfamiliar route, but I love playing with the numbers later.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all!

I ended up crashing on the couch after work yesterday.  I slept for 13 hours so I guess I needed it.  I did manage to get a very long thorough stretch, a bunch of squats, lunges, and some pushups in while at work yesterday.  The plan for today will be to get in some solid cycling miles as I have a 100k charity ride in 2.5 weeks (last year this took over 6.5 hours...this year I plan to be much faster)

QOTD: I maintain my log here which is visible for all to see.  I haven't been as religious about logging everything over the past couple of months (especially weights/bodyweight stuff), but I like looking at the numbers.

TT - Bummer about the trip (although Marley would probably disagree )

GR - Congrats on the PR for the course...thats a nice improvement!

**Ask me about streaking**

LB2

QOTD: I use the training log on here. If I am working toward some event, I will keep up with it pretty good. But I really try to look at mileage/time over a month rather than be very concerned about daily mileage/time. I am still trying to transition from miles to time. It is a hard thing to do for some reason. I also try to focus on get a handle on any elevation gain I can get, whether it is from a day or two per week on the treadmill or a trip to the mountains. I think 5 miles of hills is better than 10 miles of flat running. I'll try to get about 4000 feet in today on a treadmill at 15%.

LB2

TT - Bummer about the trip (although Marley would probably disagree )

She seems to be VERY happy to have me back home.

QOTD: Yes I would probably be considered obsessive in that regard.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Daydreamer1

Worked a 24 hour shift yesterday. Quite busy up until midnight with idiot new employees and calls. So this morning I come home, jump into the shower and crash, bang, hammer, scrape, scrape starts on my roof. I go outside and find a bunch of guy stealing the shingles off my roof . At least that's what I accused them of. They claim they're going to put some new ones back up and give me a bill for $6000-$6500 .  So if anyone wants to help pay for my new roof just let me know and I'll send you my address to forward a check . If anyone has any advice on how to prevent moss and fungus from growing on a roof I'd appreciate that as well.

But onto happier subjects. I was planning on going for a run but my left ankle is sore so I'll hop on the bike for about 30 miles. Hopefully it doesn't break on me. I have three bikes and two are broken. I just found a broken frame on the one and the freehub on the other is broke and is on order.

TT -- Sorry to hear that your trip was cut short. Are you sure that Marley doesn't have a Voodoo doll hidden somewhere that she was poking to get you home eariler?

QOTD: I use a spreadsheet and track mileage, time, speed, calories and for the bike elevation gain. I also put in notes detailing routes, weather, how I felt and what I may have eaten.  I'd love to get a GPS unit to upload data directly to the computer as well as a power meter for the bike. It's difficult, however, to justify to cost of those devices, at least from my point of view.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 6 this morning...then had a job interview so the adrenaline is pumping this morning.  I'm old so this is probably my last chance to make more money so I can retire happily.

Qotd:  I use running ahead which anyone can look at.  I do not update daily and sometime skip adding the run if the garmin wasn't working.  No too scientific or impressive.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TT -- Sorry to hear that your trip was cut short. Are you sure that Marley doesn't have a Voodoo doll hidden somewhere that she was poking to get you home eariler?

Hmmmmm, I never thought of that.  She is on my shit list now that you ratted her out Smile

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

moonlightrunner

No run today. I got to the trail head after work...put on my shoes....and they were too tight...really tight. I've had a lot of problems with them and had decided to get new ones anyway. I then drove allllll the way back to the store where I had them on hold. They feel much better than the old ones. I dont know what I'm going to do. The two local running stores are no longer going to carry VFFs. I do not like buying shoes on line.

I do not keep track. If I am training for a goal race I keep track loosely. In fact..I just dug my garmin out of a storage box so I can start keeping track for a race in early September.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

Friday over here, which means a SRD. Also I'm traveling from Shanghai to Fukuoka and will stay there over the weekend.

qotd: just jot down mileage and run time each day in an old school day-planner calendar.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL