Trailer Trash

Pony Express 100 RR (Read 44 times)

Occasional Runner

Here's my RR for the PE100. It's a very interesting and unique event. I scored a new 100 mile PR by 3 minutes, came in 2nd place and posted the 4th fastest time ever on that course.

Thanks for checking it out!

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2013/10/2013-pony-express-100-flat-fast-and.html

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Quite a bit different from the mid and back of the pack reports I'm more used to reading. I still can't fathom running that far or on a road that stretches into the distance with no end in sight.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Good job on 2nd place! I imagine I would have a more difficult time on a course like that versus a mountain course, just due to the mental boredom of the flat, no-end-in-sight road.

Occasional Runner

Good job on 2nd place! I imagine I would have a more difficult time on a course like that versus a mountain course, just due to the mental boredom of the flat, no-end-in-sight road.

That's one of the reasons I was looking forward to nightfall. It made it a lot easier.

LB2

Nice job on the PE100. Chaffing can really ruin a day. What was the change in shorts you made that created this issue? I always use 2 in 1 shorts for long runs and have never had a problem with chaffing using these. And, how much time do you think the chaffing cost you over the course of the race?

LB2

Occasional Runner

Nice job on the PE100. Chaffing can really ruin a day. What was the change in shorts you made that created this issue? I always use 2 in 1 shorts for long runs and have never had a problem with chaffing using these. And, how much time do you think the chaffing cost you over the course of the race?

I usually run in shorts with a long liner but I switched to splits, which I usually like. I probably lost 20 minutes during the race because of this issue. There's always something...

Brian Runner

Congrats.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job, Kelly.  That course looks like a big mental challenge.  I do like the staggered start and rolling crew support that they use.  Good luck at JJ100.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Good Job. I never thought that I would want, or be able to, run a flat 100 miler, but with the scenery in the desert it just might be possible.

Chnaiur

Thanks for the report! Great job, and I never cease being amazed by the support your wife provides. You are very lucky to have her!

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Occasional Runner

Thanks for the report! Great job, and I never cease being amazed by the support your wife provides. You are very lucky to have her!

You're exactly right. I couldn't do any of it without her.

RabbitChaser

Great job, Kelly! Congrats on the new PR and 2nd place finish. Truly amazing.

Occasional Runner

Nice job, Kelly.  That course looks like a big mental challenge.  I do like the staggered start and rolling crew support that they use.  Good luck at JJ100.

I found it really interesting. With 4 waves, I didn't know how many people started ahead of us. The RD gave the lowest bib numbers to the earlier starters and we had the highest bib numbers. During the race, I could infer when other runners started, but it was a bit of a mystery.

I also enjoyed sleeping in!

Watoni

I said it before, but a great performance all around by Lace and Jo!

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Congratulations !

I know you passed me at some point but I wasn't sure and without my glasses I couldn't see well enough to see the logo to know which fast guy you were .