Trailer Trash

ideas for Sept-October (even November) race? (Read 34 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I was going to sign up for the Blue Mountain 30k that I ran this year and they're already filled up.  Would like to run something this fall to keep me motivated.  Open to ideas, distance 30-50k, scenery a plus Big grin- preferably west of the Mississippi for ease of travel.

thanks in advance

Mike

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

Moab Trail Marathon is fun and challenging. Dead Horse Trail Runs (Moab) 25k and 50k, a lot of the same course as the Red Hot 55k. Mid Mountain Marathon in Park City has a beautiful course, buffed single track and not a ton of gain. Actually, I think it's a net elevation loss. Obviously, point to point.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

http://www.databarevents.com/priestlakemarathon

Not too far and should be pretty . I'm going to run with a friend , it's her first 50k .

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

http://www.databarevents.com/priestlakemarathon

Not too far and should be pretty . I'm going to run with a friend , it's her first 50k .

That looks like a great run, but it's the week after NC 24. No way I could come back that quickly.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Birdwell

Aravaipa running should have a few options in the Phoenix metro area

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Aravaipa running should have a few options in the Phoenix metro area

+1

Or October is a great month for a "rim to river" at the Grand Canyon. It's not a race but it is pretty spectacular IMHO. Rim to Ribbon falls and back is 29 miles if you want a 50K ish distance.

You people have issues 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

some great ideas!  I like the poster for the Dead Horse event, would almost be worth going just to get the t-shirt Big grin

my buddy hasn't done the R2R2R, so that definitely bears some thought (we did it in the spring of 12)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √