Trailer Trash

Treadmill Thursday (Read 29 times)

AT-runner

Tim

That's right, I'm a "dreadmill" guy today.  Did 10 miles on the hamster wheel this am after I stepped outside to see it was 84* and 85% humidity.  Watched ESPN in my comfortable 70* room with the ceiling fans blowing. I don't feel guilty at all, but still hate the treadmill.

Found this online, and it's pretty accurate

QOTD:  Keeping with the picture, what is your favorite adult beverage (be specific)?  For me it's a "Half and Half" (They don't refer to it as "Black and Tan" in Ireland for political reasons) poured with Harp and Guinness.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Well, I had a rest day fail yesterday meaning I took the Lady out for 7 miles along the trail of Green Lane Reservoir. Felt nice. A little warm but I think it was only about 90 and cooler in the woods. I might take that rest day today but who knows. I do need to mow the lawn at some point.

QOTD: Beer of course. IPA's generally but I like a good Pilsner too. It's tough to pick a favorite beer. I tend to buy varieties from Victory Brewing and Lagunitas so that's about as specific as I can get.

AT - 10 on the TM? Ugh. I could not do that anymore. I would skip the run or just go out and do a sweaty 4-5 instead.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I rode the bike trainer last night inside the house for a whole 32 minutes while the dude took Bella out for a walk on the trail without me.  It was awful.  I also managed to do some strengthening exercises in the middle of all that, as I can barely sit on the damn thing for more than 20 minutes at a time without going insane.  I hate the trainer.

QOTD: Beer.  I like IPAs and pale ales best, but something lighter like New Glarus Spotted Cow is good for rehydrating too.  Sadly I'm not drinking many adult beverages these days, as I am finding that they make me very stuffed up and I prefer breathing to liquor.  So it's been soda for me recently when I want a treat.

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

Just got back from taking DD to the oral surgeon to get her wisdom teeth removed. Now I'll be sticking close to the house for awhile to keep an eye on her. Probably get in my normal 7.4 mile loop around the neighborhood later this evening.  The rain just rolled in, hopefully bringing some cooler temps.

QOTD:  I tend to like wet wines the best. I really don't consume much alcohol so I don't really have a favorite.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Just finished work (no, not in the cooler) and stepped outside - and my glasses fogged up, at 80 degrees!

OK, my 80/80 rule (80 degrees and 80% humidity) does not beat Sandys 90-rule (as of yesterday's thread), but it seems today conditions are above the 80/80.

Heading out for some miles, probably on the rail to trail with DD. I guess it's going to be a bit on the warm and humid side? 

AT: Love that food pyramid. It just about nails it!

XT: "Rest day fail" - LOL.

Mandy: What's worse, bike trainer or dreadmill? Seems more and more runners still prefer them over the nice outdoors these days? 

(I hope this does not set a trend here!)

DD1: Best wishes to your DW for quick healing!

QOTD: A Bavarian staple: "Radler" (pronounce "ruh-dler, in English: "Bicyclist"). A mix of equal parts of either lemonade or lemon soda (like Sprite) and light wheat beer ("Weizen hell"). Always served in pint size or larger, with a slice of lemon.

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: A Bavarian staple: "Radler" (pronounce "ruh-dler, in English: "Bicyclist"). A mix of equal parts of either lemonade or lemon soda (like Sprite) and light wheat beer ("Weizen hell"). Always served in pint size or larger, with a slice of lemon.

DW would like that. She's a big summer shandy fan. Wonder what the origin of using "cyclist" is for this creation.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

3.5 to 4 hours tonight, starting around 8. I'll run easy, may even walk a little bit.

QOTD: I guess my favorite drink is probably Wild Turkey and 7 (or Sprite). But, I don't drink a whole lot of whiskey. In regard to beer, I prefer pale ales. I never pass up a Dogfish Head 60 Minute, but we can't buy them here. I usually grab some when I get over to Texas. I also like scotch ales. I've been known to drink a pilsner. And I won't turn down a lager (although I don't find them worth paying for...). Now, as for scotch, I prefer The Glenlivet. I hate vodka, and I rarely drink more than a gallon per week.

I'm just messing around. I do like good bourbon but don't drink a lot of it. And I do like pale ales.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy: What's worse, bike trainer or dreadmill? Seems more and more runners still prefer them over the nice outdoors these days? 

(I hope this does not set a trend here!)

I don't know, I've never run on the treadmill unlike some others here.  *cough cough*  The bike trainer is a necessary evil while injured.  I'll put up with any weather to be outside otherwise.

Running is dumb.

NHLA

9 miles  http://www.laurelparkcivicassociation.org/laurel-park-history/

They reclaimed a lake bed that was just a spoil. Planted lots of plants that are good for bees and buterflies.

Dale's Pale Ale   Brewery is near my fav. trailhead.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nothing again...excuse is lack of time and having too much fun elsewhere.  If I only didn't have a job...

QOTD:  Cabernet

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Queen, as we now know, the excuse it that you didn't want to risk hurting your heart... 

Edit: BTW, what's "elsewhere"?  I hope you're not engaging in any activities that could hurt your heart even more than running... ("Ask your doctor before...") 

Edit edit: Does that mean we now also have to re-think our daily activities of "elsewhere"? 

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Hi trailers!  A little over  4 miles this morning, at 9 am, but well into the 80s but for temp and humidity.  I hesitate to call it running, though.  Decided to try a new trail and it ended up being a very pretty valley of wet, slick rocks, lots of roots, humidity and stagnant air.  After a mile, I turned around and headed back, down another hill and to the C&O canal.  At least along the canal the air was moving so it felt better.  A front is moving in so this evening things will change.

qotd:  gin & tonic.  We just finished a bottle of some stuff made in door county, Mandy & Harrier's part of the country.  Liked it, but can't get it around here.

LB-- I think we have a couple of your dogfish in the fridge.  that's another favorite.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Marie that article does not apply to me, I am not a serious athlete.  We have just been having a busy summer having fun and it does include activities that could hurt my heart (drinking).  But as you stated in your response to the article I really am not into prolonging my life but enjoying it while I am here. 

Queen, as we now know, the excuse it that you didn't want to risk hurting your heart... 

Edit: BTW, what's "elsewhere"?  I hope you're not engaging in any activities that could hurt your heart even more than running... ("Ask your doctor before...") 

Edit edit: Does that mean we now also have to re-think our daily activities of "elsewhere"? 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

LB-- I think we have a couple of your dogfish in the fridge.  that's another favorite.

It doesn't last very long in my fridge. I'll be in Florida in November, so I'll stock up for the holidays then.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

10 miles this am....oh man I felt it during and after the run.  I have felt lousy all day.  I do not know if it was the humid run or if I am coming down with something.

QOTD: I....don't...drink.  No seriously.  So I will say gatorade. Yes that's right.  I'm livin' on the edge.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday