Trailer Trash

Mondailies (Read 37 times)

Marley and I had a nice 4 mile trail run.  We did an extra hilly route this morning.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm taking a SRD today.  Still having foot troubles.  I probably shouldn't have done that road run yesterday.  Oh well.

QOTD: If you had to be stuck in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose?

Edit: Oh, I forgot to answer my own QOTD.  Provided I can be animated, I would pick Futurama.  Blast off in a rocket ship to Jupiter for coffee.  Hang out and drink beer with my robot buddy, Bender.  Meet the space aliens and mutants. Travel around New New York in tubes.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Looks like pretty good temperatures for running the rest of the week.

QOTD:  The Walking Dead.  Looks like plenty of opportunity for getting in a trail run during the zombie apocalypse.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

It is tropical up here. 40's, foggy, and will be some rain rolling in soon. Heading out to some trails shortly but not sure what shape they'll be in with snow, ice, bare ground, etc. It will probably be a short wet run.  Beats work though!

QOTD--Funny question. Other than sports I don't watch much tv.  Hmmm, I guess a month on Baywatch wouldn't be too tough to take.

LB2

7 to 10 miles on the road after work. I haven't run this country road in a very long time, and I need a change of pace. I'll try to do a negative split on the back of it. It is pretty hilly, so it should be fun.

QOTD: That is a tough one. I think I would go back to the old "Daniel Boone" show from the late 60's, early 70's. Since animated is now on the table, I will add Scooby Doo as another option. However, it would be prior to Scappy Doo and completely void of the weird period where the Harlem Globetrotters and the friggin' Three Stooges made appearances. I am talking old school Scooby Doo.

LB2

runtraildc

The sun is out today!  And even though the temp is the same as yesterday, it feels so much warmer outside.  My plan for the day was a strength workout at the gym, with a speedy treadmill run, but that may change with this sunshine.

qotd: Oh, this is a hard one and therefore an easy one to overthink.  Off the top of the head, it would be a tie between 'the amazing race' (because of the travel and adventure) or 'Modern Family' (because why wouldn't you want to live with funny people with first world problems in beautiful homes?).  I might edit my answer later, though.

Have a good start to the week, trailers

Daydreamer1

Eariler there was a strange glow in the sky that quickly went away. I found it kind of scary but my coworkers keep telling me it's OK that it was just the sun trying to peak through. I'm taking them at their word but I'm still confused. What is this "sun" thingy they are talking about?  Apparently it's not been seen in this area of the world for the past two or three weeks.  Rumor has it that when it's out it's bright, warm and nice, not cool, dark and damp . Damn I wish it would show up again!!!

Anyway, I'm spending a day at work with some lunatics so no running today.

QOTD: I really don't know much about what TV shows are on or are current. But  the one that jumped out at me was House. I like dealing with the weird, crazy and wacky, things like they have in that show.  If it's a reality show then it would be either Ice Road Truckers, Deadliest Catch, or Dirty Jobs.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

SRD is raining here again..I think we are going on a third week of rain...which is good.  Earl and I ran 18 miles 11/16/14 and he appeared to be limping a bit on his front leg.  But it went away until this weekend and ran 9 on Sat; Earl was fine but the 9 on Sunday he appears to be favoring that front leg again.    It was a rocky trail so hopefully his paw is sore and that is it.  Earl would rather be dead than not able to run with me. 

QOTD:  Fashion Police...I miss Joan Rivers.   I loved the show because I enjoyed her making fun of what people wear and she has a raunchy sense of humor like me.  I also heard she had wine in her coffee cup.  So sitting around bagging on people and drinking wine doesn't sound too bad.

and just for the fun of it these are the TV shows I can  see you in

TT:  It's a movie but of course  Marley and Me.

Madison Mandy:   Mary Taylor Moore.

AT Runner: My Three Sons...even though you have a daughter you seem like you would be like the Dad on my 3 sons.

Northern Harrier: Mountain Men

LB2:  Andy Griffith your Andy..or sometimes Goober.

runtraildc:  Modern Family, your Gloria...ok your actually Lily..that kid is pretty funny.

Daydreamer1:  Emergency

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

No mileage for me today. We got home and into bed around 2:00 AM, and because of my race, I didn't really sleep Saturday night either. I needed the sleep.

Tomorrow looks doubtful, too. I have an early flight to Miami. I need to get some recovery running ASAP.

QOTD: Probably Sons of Anarchy. Or maybe Orange is the New Black?

Daydreamer1

Daydreamer1:  Emergency

I thought about listing that one,  I love that show. It was technically very correct.  And I'd want to play Johnny.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Madison Mandy:   Mary Taylor Moore.

That show was before my time!  Is that a compliment or an insult? 

Running is dumb.

Watoni

Headed for a quick run in the rain/mud for lunch ..... which shoes do I want to trash here?

QOTD: Yikes! I don't really watch TV. I will say NA because the interesting characters are not necessarily people you would want to be or be around. I loved The Wire but don't want to be stuck in it .... I do not want to be Hamlet, either

runtraildc

runtraildc:  Modern Family, your Gloria...ok your actually Lily..that kid is pretty funny.

and on second thought, my humor and lily's are pretty close.

But wouldn't Harrier be 'Grizzly Adams'?

runtraildc

Definitely a compliment!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Compliment...Mary worked in the city (you leave in a city) and was a real sweet heart..everyone liked her.  You are an English major; she was a reporter...can't remember if on TV or newspaper.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄