Trailer Trash

Surprising Sundailies (Read 34 times)

runfastandie

Who turned out the lights? Seems that it is now getting exponentially darker in the morning.  Fall brings on the headlamps and the dreaded cold nose snot drip.

QOTD: Do you avoid running in the dark or does it bring great joy?

:-)  Hi all. I did not die, only my Achilles did.  Played badminton for 45 minutes in April and I have nagging morning pain ever since. No hills. Very depressing.  Had to forgo signing up for the Quad Dipsea which put me into complete sadness. Good news is I still have time to recover, train and run R2R2R October 2014!    Bought a cabin in the woods so Shadow of the Giants in June in South Yosemite will now be "my race".

QOTD:  Hate it but will do it if friends are committed to going.  I'm still in denial that I completely missed the entire summer running season.

Smile  AndieSmile

Brian Runner

Probably a rest day today after yesterday's 20.

QOTD: I don't dislike it, but as I get out of work early enough (even in the short winter months) I can usually get my run in before the sun goes down. That said, our club intentionally does an after-dark run to avoid the summer heat.

runtraildc

Morning!  (and welcome back, Andie! sorry to hear about the Achilles). Mostly a rest day for me- might take the XC boy out for a short run.

Qotd:  need to find the headlamp.  It was 'borrowed' by my boys and has not been seen since.  Don't like night running, but not running - I like that even less.

Occasional Runner

Taking my bride on a trail run behind the house to show her some trails she hasn't seen yet. Not sure how many miles we'll do.

QOTD: I love it.

moonlightrunner

might be a rest day today. Working 12...then I will see how things r (besides very dark) at 830

tonight.

qotd:  I don't mind running in the dark...but I'm really slow at...I should say slower.

so excited. bought new shoes yesterday. I did not rrealize how worn out my old ones were.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

The pooch  and I had another great 5 mile trail run.  The weather was awesome and our pace for that route was the best in a long time.

QOTD: I enjoy running in the dark when it is my choice to do so.  I hated it when my work schedule demanded it.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Watoni

Ran around Perpignan, France in flip flops to explore (don't ask, it is easier on my left foot for now).

Put together my bike, only a few bags of nutrition and the case took whacks from the baggage handlers. Briefing in a few hours for the Cent Cols Challenge Pyrenees, which starts tomorrow morning (gulp).

Won't run again until the rest day next Saturday for sure. Hope to find some Pyrennean mountain trails to run then.

QOTD: I enjoy it.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I'm heading out for 10-12 leisurely trail miles. My face-plant yesterday was due

to using my Pure-Grits instead of my Fuji's, I wasn't used to the larger sole since

I haven't used them in a while. Today, I'll stick with the Fuji's.

moonlight: whadja get?

QOTD: I haven't done any trail running in the dark, mostly dirt roads and pavement. I'm

looking forward to doing it this winter. I used to mt bike in the dark, and that was awesome.

moonlightrunner

jonfer: since my trails are fairly mild I run in five fingers. I bought their trail model..Spyridon. My last pair (Komodo sports) lasted 3 years before I noticed holes between my toes.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

LB2

Somewhere between 9 and 10 will be in the books today. I was going to do a road/cross country route I have been wanting to do, but I think I will keep it here at the house and do some 3 mile loops on the trails with a little extra to take over 9. After that, I'll cook, watch the Saints game, and drink a few beers. I think Magic Hat #9 will be the beer of the day.

QOTD: I really like running at night when it get cool/cold, especially with a bright moon.

LB2

muppy

Plan on a few trail miles after work, was 45* this morning when I took the dogs out, and should be a high of low 70's today, perfect weather!

Watoni, hope you have a great time on your bike ride!

QOTD I enjoy the peaceful runs in the dark mornings before the world is up. Dark runs in the evening are not my favorite, but gotta run when I can.

Sandy-2

Hi Andie, welcome back !!!  Hope that your achilles is feeling better.

Did 10 miles around the local park this morning.  Once again we got a little rain last evening so it was a steaming pile of humidity this morning.  I guess it was in the mid80's when I finished.

qotd: running in the dark before sunrise is the only way to avoid the heat for about half the year down here.  But in general I like running in the dark.  Some people say I do my best work in the dark... Shocked

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Hey Andie,

A good surprise to see you back again. I hope your Achilles will recover soon.

Got in 9 miles before sunrise, it was my first time this fall in long tights, long sleeves, and a light fleece jacket. Winter hat, too, and of course mittens. Surprised

Temps were at 41, and I could see my breath in the light of my headlamp. But the stars were spectacular once again!

Brian: Looks like a well-run weekend.

traildc: Hope you'll get a fun run in with the kid.

lace: Sounds like a fun day out there!

moonlight: Running after a long day on your feet builds endurance!

TT: Seems like your dawg likes the cooler temps, too!

Watoni: Any plans for switching over to the barefoot forum? Wink

LB2: Now that's a Sunday!

Muppy: Enjoy the fall temps, winter will be here soon enough!

Sandy: Don't see above comment! Maybe you should put Badwater on your bucket list...

QOTD: I like running in the dark, but I don't prefer it over daylight runs in the sun. I think I just like running, no matter when.

Run for fun.

LB2

Some people say I do my best work in the dark... Shocked

I'll vouch for that, Sandy.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Welcome back Andie. And for future reference, you don't have to stop posting just because you're injured.

I decided to rest my ankle again today to I went for a 31 mile ride on the bike. A lovely fall, make that a late summer day. I'm just not quite ready for fall to be here yet. Now I'm going to head out for a short, probably 4 mile walk with DW.

I like running at night doing the winter, especially when there is a full moon and it's crisp and cold. There's nothing like a hard run in 20 degree weather to knock all the crap out of your lungs.