Trailer Trash

Peachy Thursdailies (Read 36 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I will attempt a short run tonight with Bella.  Slowly plodding along with my pain these days.  Such is life.

QOTD: What's your favorite potato chip?  Yes, this is very thought provoking and important. Big grin

Running is dumb.

Misty

Good morning Mandy! I hope you and Bella have a nice run Smile.

I have a group training session every Mon/Tues/Thurs morning; this morning I did 6 miles before group, another 2 miles worth of w/u & c/d during group along with a stupid amount of plyo exercises, push-ups and pullups.

QOTD: Cheddar Cheese Pringles. I can't. Stop. Eating. Them.

Misty

Bless your heart.

The pooch and I had a nice 6 mile trail run.  The only down side is that the biting flies are getting worse.

QOTD:  I am not really big on potato chips, but I do like Miss Vicky Jalapeno chips.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

DigDug2

6.7 mi birthday run this morning on road/rail trail/real trail.  Very humid in CT, but enjoyable run.  Reason #7 that a rail trail is not a real trail (even when it's unpaved):  I passed a man walking his dog wearing a suit and wingtips.  When you're sharing a trail with a man in a suit, it's not a real trail.  (And no, the dog wasn't wearing a suit...)

QOTD:  Didn't the Supreme Court recently decide what the best potato chip is?  I'm not a big chip eater and don't have a favorite brand, but I like sea salt and vinegar.

runtraildc

Have 5-6 planned for tonight, before sunset, and hopefully before or after any thunderstorms.   It already has been a busy day (nothing big, except for visiting niece's Lyme diagnosis)  so I'm being optimistic my run won't get side-lined.

qotd:  not a big potato chip eater.  My preference is towards Sun Chips.

ceezy

7 trail miles last night...penciling in a 6 today.

QOTD:  Was into Barbeque Kettle Chips a while back...stopped buying them as it's difficult to stop from eating them.

Depends on my mood or trying new varieties.  Chips Smile

NorthernHarrier

Cross-training today--going up and down a ladder, scraping. staining some siding and then I have to move about 20 wheel barrow loads of sand from my backyard to my trailer to take up north. Those chores should trash my legs just in time for my trail triathlon Saturday. Already have my excuse lined up for my crappy performance. Smile I will get a short trail run in later today when it's real hot and probably some weights.

Trailtromper--you bored with your retirement yet? Smile

Mandy--lol!   I was really efforting to be PC regarding Door co. and then you summed up my opinion pretty good. Had a pretty good laugh.

QOTD- Not much for potato chips myself surprisingly but I do get a rare craving and then whatever I can grab works fine. No favorite.

Trailtromper--you bored with your retirement yet? Smile

I don't think that is going to happen. Smile I have a pretty full schedule through the remainder of the Summer and plenty of things to do beyond that.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

sugnim

Good morning all.  It's hot and getting hotter here.  85 today, and we are supposed to be moving toward 100 this weekend.  Yuck.  I may or may not do 6 or so miles after work this evening.  If it's too damn hot, I might just go weed the garden and bring in a big basket of strawberries that need harvesting.  I'm planning to get up at 4 am this Saturday for my long run, and I hope to be back home by 8:00 before the heat hits.  I'm just awful about running in the heat.

QOTD: I like the ruffly kettle chips with salt & pepper.  But I really like corn chips with salsa best.

Mandy:  Wooot for a short run with Bella!  I hope it all goes well.  Smile

Misty:  You have my name.

TrailTromper:  Biting flies?  That's no way to spend your retirement.

DigDug2:  Happy birthday!

runtraildc:  I hope all goes well with your niece.

ceezy:  I know what you mean about not buying chips since they are difficult to stop eating.  I have the same problem myself, especially when there is salsa involved.

NorthernHarrier:  Your cross training program sounds great.

Misty

How did you know I went by sugnim?? Joking

Good morning all.  It's hot and getting hotter here.  85 today, and we are supposed to be moving toward 100 this weekend.  Yuck.  I may or may not do 6 or so miles after work this evening.  If it's too damn hot, I might just go weed the garden and bring in a big basket of strawberries that need harvesting.  I'm planning to get up at 4 am this Saturday for my long run, and I hope to be back home by 8:00 before the heat hits.  I'm just awful about running in the heat.

QOTD: I like the ruffly kettle chips with salt & pepper.  But I really like corn chips with salsa best.

Mandy:  Wooot for a short run with Bella!  I hope it all goes well.  Smile

Misty:  You have my name.

TrailTromper:  Biting flies?  That's no way to spend your retirement.

DigDug2:  Happy birthday!

runtraildc:  I hope all goes well with your niece.

ceezy:  I know what you mean about not buying chips since they are difficult to stop eating.  I have the same problem myself, especially when there is salsa involved.

NorthernHarrier:  Your cross training program sounds great.

Misty

Bless your heart.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning all.  5.5 this morning in the humidity foggy stuff.

QOTD: So many good choices - sun chips, cool ranch doritos, sea salt chips, chocolate chips.  Maybe my fav though is jalepeno tortilla chip with some fresh salsa on top.  Mmmm...

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Low_O2

Morning all!

8.1 miles with ~1400ft of gain along the ridiculously HOT foothills trails yesterday afternoon. I knew it would be slow, but had no idea how terrible running in 101 deg heat and direct sunlight would be. Lots of walking! Was hoping to get in more climbing, but bailed on the hillier trail for the death march back to my vehicle. I knew it was bad when I stopped behind a power line pole to cool off, as it was the only shade around. Planning on another 8ish tonight, but will look for more shade as the predicted high today is 103. Dead

QOTD: Don't really have a favorite, like a variety of different ones depending on the day.

AT-runner

Tim

Happy hot Thursday.  Ran 6 miles on the AT today.  Didn't see a single hiker on my out and back, which is very unusual this time of year.  I did see a cooler filled with Root Beer and a sign that said "Free Beer".  It was about 1/4 mile up the trail and someone left it as "trail magic" for the thru-hikers.

QOTD:  I live in UTZ land, so I'm going to say Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper UTZ.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

Given the right combination of lack of work and overflowing motivation, I aim to do a double today (lunch and after work).

That combination has been backwards, so we will see. Got 5 faster miles and a hike in yesterday, so perhaps.

QOTD: Kettle chips sea salt and fresh pepper

muppy

Plan in 5 or so tonight.

Dig Dug Happy Birthday!

QOTD Right now I like Diffenbachs BBQ, they are thick and so tasty (not sure if spelled correct) think its a PA Dutch brand.

Hope this question dosnt offend anybody like the mayonnaise vs miracle whip question did!