Trailer Trash

I did the UNTHINKABLE (Read 91 times)

dpc3

I listened to music while running at lunch, its ok though it was all road running I would never do such a thing on the trails. I like to listen to the cadence of my feet and looking at plants and critters.

I never listen to music on long runs or trail runs, but lately I've been listening to music and/or podcasts on shorter weekday road runs. I really enjoy the Trail Runner Nation podcasts (on my road runs, haha.) Lots of really good information, and I wouldn't necessarily have time to listen to them otherwise.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I think the world just ended.

I have come to terms that I am shameless ipod runner.  I love music and running.

Running is dumb.

jonferg67

Endless trails

You should be shunned from the community

NorthernHarrier

Well, I guess on the roads is OK.  At least you won't hear the screeching of tires before the car slams into you. Big grin

dpc3

There was at least a disturbance in the force Mandy, stars may have been aligned.

I think the world just ended.

I have come to terms that I am shameless ipod runner.  I love music and running.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's OK if you did it....if you enjoyed it now we have a problem.   I do it and enjoy it!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Uh oh... now what?

I listened to music while running at lunch, its ok though it was all road running I would never do such a thing on the trails. I like to listen to the cadence of my feet and looking at plants and critters.

My curiosity is aroused.  This "cadence" thing--how does go about reaching that level.

I do stumble okay; shuffle pretty well; trip and almost catch myself in a manner most grand,

but,

there is no cadence that my feet will share, not even with each other.

dpc3

John when you run on loose and pack sand trails in the early am when it extremely quiet I can hear it pretty well

My curiosity is aroused.  This "cadence" thing--how does go about reaching that level.

I do stumble okay; shuffle pretty well; trip and almost catch myself in a manner most grand,

but,

there is no cadence that my feet will share, not even with each other.

Occasional Runner

I run with music almost always. I do what I want and nobody can stop me.

Birdwell

music can be nice at times. I generally take my Ipod nano wherever i run (mainly for tracking with nike plus). I know how to take the headphones out of my ears if I need to hear something else.

As an aside, I think music is great and enjoyable when running, except when one relies on it to be able to run. Some people ask me "how can you run without music?! I could NEVER run without music!" Most of these people are non-runners or casual/short distance runners. I'm not judging since I love running with music, but what happens when your iPod dies out there? I would hope that people wouldn't stop running half way through a run or a race just because their iPod died. Obvious exaggeration, but I'm just saying, it's not good to become dependent on it. I definitely don't think that's the case of most of us on this forum, anyway, since we push through other conditions besides "no music." 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Sometimes in longer races, I use music as a reward.  e.g. Get through the first 30 miles and then you can listen to your ipod for a while.

And I have to admit, I was pretty upset around mile 57 when my ipod died toward the end of a 100K.  I really could have used that boost at the time, but I eventually made it.

Running is dumb.

Uh oh... now what?

John when you run on loose and pack sand trails in the early am when it extremely quiet I can hear it pretty well

Sorry, I was joking about cadence.  I hear myself okay, just seldom get to

run rhythmically, in cadence, or anything that indicates conquering a skill.

Ultra Cowboy

Amazing how much better I think I run when I can't hear myself breathing!

Recovery runs are better with music.

WYBMADIITY

Save