Trailer Trash

Saturdaily Inspiration (Read 40 times)

Sandy-2

A little inspiration.  Seb Chaigneau wins HR100.

Unfortunately my runner dropped, he started getting really sick.  I'll probably run (maybe pace someone else) later.

tbd.

Is this the Saturdaily or is it just an inspiration post?

Marley and I had a nice 7 mile trail run that started in the rain and then cleared off.

QOTD: Does anyone else trail run with no interest in racing?  I run pretty much daily and really have no plans to do any more races.  I also pretty much gave up on following trail racing.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

NorthernHarrier

Morning gentleman,

SRD for me. It's a graduation deal here today for my daughter so I guess I have to helpful around here. But a little later there will be a little beer to drink and some good food  Smile.  I will get some weights and elliptical in yet this morning.

QOTD--I'm pretty much wrapping up my racing/event career. Still entered in 3 events yet this year but the reality has set in. Just can't get it going again and it's been over a year since my hip surgery. So just a 25k in Aug and then a couple DNS's for me this fall.

That being said I will still train the same way with tempo/speed, hills, distance, etc. because I love those workouts but no more racing to get in the way of my fun.

Brian Runner

Ran a little local trail/xc 5k this morning. 6th overall and 1st in my age group (won a gift card for gas). Only the 2nd race i've run this year after Hyner back in April. I only plan on doing The Camptown Races 10k (trail/road mix) in September, The Green Monster 50k (October) and probably a local road Turkey Trot 5k Thanksgiving morning.

As you can see I haven't been racing much. I don't have a whole lot of interest in racing, but I do tent to frame my year around one or two goal races. This year it was Hyner 25k and Green Monster 50k. Next year it will be Hyner 50k and probably a 50M.

I can live without racing, but I can't live without trail running.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Afternoon, just got home from work and realized that today's run is once again prevented, this time by my youngest DS having to attend his friend's birthday party. Third day in a row with no run - can't let that happen, so it will be a late run today! Sandy: hope you'll have a great run! TT: nice run! Harrier: beer and food, sounds good enough for a Saturday! Brian: fun race, congrats! QOTD: my racing now is just a "phase". I have run 30 years or so without races, on trails, without even knowing there were dedicated "trail races". I just ran for fun and enjoyed it, without competing or participating in any race or event. No regrets.

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I guess this is the daily now.

Sandy hope you get in a run or pacing for someone else.

I got in 13 miles this morning.  Turned into a crappy run.  I felt like I had to hurl at the end.  I have no idea why.  It wasn't cuz I pushed it hard either.  I never did and don't feel great now but at least I got in an ok run.

QOTD: TT I know what you are asking but I will take a different spin on it.  I do not race.  I enter into events with the idea of having fun, talking to other like minded trail runners, and getting in a supported long run.  I also use it as an excuse to get on trails I wouldn't normally run (due to distance from me). DW still can't fathom why I would want to drive a few hours "just to run".

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Good afternoon trailers. DW and I did a 7ish hill run today.  Pea soup kind of fog and slight drizzle on way back.  Got stopped by one of the Park Rangers who pointed out that there was a bear sighting near by and he was checking on it.  Sadly, no bear sighting for us.

QOTD:  I still like to do races, but also have done more personal challenges.  I'm not a fan of crowded events, so I look for new or smaller races.

Sandy -  Chris Gerber is at 67.7 miles in 27:53.  Hope you get to do some pacing.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

Try for 6 after work today.

Congrats on the race Brian!

Congrats to the daughter on her graduation NH!

QOTD I uses to race a lot more, now it's just a few a year, I like races for the atmosphere and to see what I can do, seems like i can push myself more in races.

Was planning on doing labor pains and blues cruise this fall, but missed a few weeks due to pulled groin muscle, and I'm not where I want to be. So if I do it great, and if not, it's no problem. Races aren't as important as they used to be to me.

Snowdenrun

Easy 4 yesterday. Not sure what I'll run today.

QOTD: Although I do currently have a race pending I don't feel that I've actually "trained" for it. I signed up on a whim and we'll see what happens. I don't see myself signing up for another race in the near future. I just mainly like running... on the trails!

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon everyone,

This week is a cut-back week for me so just an easy 10 this morning, got

my run in when it was still cool and cloudy, now it's warm/sunny/muggy.

QOTD: I was just thinking about this yesterday, funny. I got on FB yesterday and

saw all the coverage about the HR 100, other than Sandy pacing someone I don't

know anyone running it and don't really care about the top finishers. I mean I do

respect the effort involved, etc. but what the heck do I care really, doesn't effect my

enjoyment of my 10 miler in the woods. As far as racing, not really doing that now

either, got a 50K in October but only bc I want to tackle that distance I don't care if

I'm DFL or in the top 10. Maybe I'm just not very competitive.

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to head out the door. Going to run to my parents then take a long loop back. Hope to get in a total of over 13 miles.

QOTD: For years I just rode my bike and occasionally ran without entering any races. I might still be that way but I wanted to ride my bike up Mt Washington in New Hampshire. The only way to do that is to enter one of the races. That kind of got me hooked on doing events, which in turn led me to increase my running and now switch to trail running. I don't necessarily race but I do like to do the events as a goal to work towards. I can see myself participating in events until I'm 97 years old and using a walker Smile.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Move is mostly over now, thank God!  Got a really good run in this am, 14 miles w/  about 3500' of elevation- felt great the entire route.

qotd I'm new to racing, to running for that matter, but I like it so will continue to race, when it isn't I won't Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

sugnim

Howdy all.  I went & watched my pregnant SO & some friends run a 5K this morning, and now I'm just spending the day relaxing before tomorrow's HM.

QOTD:  I'm giving up on road racing after tomorrow, but there are some spectacular trail race courses where I live.  I'm not ever going to be in the running for placing at a race, but sometimes its fun to have a challenging goal in mind & to watch the elite runners kick my butt. Also,  I'm not a very social person, so races tend to be major social events for me--some people go to holiday parties, I go to foot races.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I can see myself participating in events until I'm 97 years old and using a walker Smile.

Sounds good, we'll call it the Walker 5K, age group awards for 90-92, 92-94, etc.

Chnaiur

10-ish miles from my kids' swim school at Crissy Fields along the beaches and buffs SW of the Golden Gate home. My wife didn't love me walking around in compression socks in the swim area. A sure sign I have reached middle age, and that she hasn't.

FYTC: I feel you. I hate how kid's birthday parties totally tie the weekend schedules down.

QOTD: I can live without racing, but not without trail running. That said, I plan to do a few races next year. I like to come back to the same courses to compare my performance to earlier runs, and I also really like the great company many runners make.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k