Trailer Trash

Trick or Thursdaily (Read 36 times)

Sandy-2

Still over in Italy.  At dinner last night I took a quick informal poll on the popularity of Halloween; it is very popular in Italy and Norway (the Norwegian guy said he was glad to be traveling so he didn’t have to answer the doorbell so many times), a little bit in France and the guy from Poland didn’t really know.

I’ve been crazy busy at meetings and having huge dinners each night, I think I’ve gained a few pounds this week.  But I have been getting up early and doing a bit of running so that’s good.

Last Sunday I did an unsupported 50k jaunt along the Alta Via (http://www.altaviadeimontiliguri.it/portale/en/tappa_per_tappa.wp - The trail is about 400km long, but click on the Pragilla box to see a basic overview of the part I did), which was really great, but the weather really sucked.  I took a train out of Genoa to the west (to Aquasanta) circled the city to the north and ended up east of the city in Creto and down the hill to Doria.

I promised QoN that I’d post a few photos, so here they are, sorry it took me so long to get to it.

This one is just at the start of the trek, below the cloud level, I came out of Aquasanta along that faint trail on the left of center, crossed the stream and then headed up to the right and up Punta Martin.

Here’s the top of Punta Martin, nice view.  It was blowing a gale by the way.

About half way through my trek I dipped back below the cloud level and could actually get a bit of a view.

Here’s another one at the top of a pass, sometimes with the low visibility it was a little “fun” figuring out which way to go.

That’s it, have a great day everyone.

tbd.

runtraildc

Morning!  Sitting with my coffee, thinking it is awfully dark outside.  I got in 5 miles at the Arboretum last night before heading to the airport.  Pretty trails,  nice foliage in Ohio right now.   I'll get in a short run once the coffee kicks in and before I have to get to the office.  After work is going to be busy carving pumpkins and trick or treating.

Sandy- I think Queen was asking for a different kind of italian scenery.  But still beautiful!

qotd:  pass

LB2

Nothing today. It's a holiday, Man!!!!

Sandy: Is that some sort of an attempt at a Polish joke? I did chuckle. Let's see... A priest, a Baptist preacher, an atheist, a guy who works in shipping, and a Polish guy walk into a bar...

LB2

Morning! Got in about 5 miles this morning before the sun came up. Couldn't figure out why I was having a hard time with my asthma since it was only 55 degrees, but apparently it was also 93% humidity... the fog made for a spooky Halloween morning though.  I also saw some eggs and TP all over the sidewalks in my neighborhood, remnants of mischief night.

QOTD: Do you have any plans to celebrate Halloween tonight?

I got my run out of the way this morning so I could hand out candy tonight. Haven't done that in years, and I have a feeling we'll get a lot of trick or treaters.

LB2

QOTD: We are going over to someone's house. I really don't want to, but the kids really want to trick or treat. So, we will go through their subdivision if it isn't raining. If it is raining, we will sit around and play some games. I hate being out late on a weeknight. I just can't stand it. But when I get there, I always have fun and sometimes stay too late. I like to talk to people.

LB2

Occasional Runner

Planning to head out to Antelope Island and run with the buffalo. I'll do 7 miles.

I'll end the month with 394 miles but was kinda hoping for 400.

QOTD: We'll stay home and hand out candy. We live in a very Mormon neighborhood, so it'll be a busy night.

NorthernHarrier

It's raining here but the temp is nice for this time of year. I have been working waaay too many hours this week and of course just when I try to find a morning routine the boss has moved my start time up. Grrr. So I just finished an instant weight workout and now I'm going to stumble around the hood for 4 wet miles and then get to work a little late. I'll show them Smile.

Didn't have time to mention it before but Mandy and I did our little race on Sunday. Very hilly course but very pretty. It was fun and despite her crippled condition she did really good. Imagine if she actually trained! I think all that biking is great cross training. She's pretty cool do do this stuff with.

QOTD--The way it's going I'll be working long today so I'll miss all the little hooligans out running around. The other question could be--what candy are you eating, er I mean handing out tonight?   Twix bars here. Yummy!

The other question could be--what candy are you eating, er I mean handing out tonight?   Twix bars here. Yummy!

I bought a giant bag of mixed candy last night ,and while my favorite will always be Snickers, I rediscovered sour skittles which are DELICIOUS!

Gator eye

A easy 10 in the rain, thankfully the temps stayed in the high 40's.

QOTD: Heading to the local watering hole for a Halloween party

XtremeTaper

Awesome pictures Sandy but sucks about the cloud cover.

I ran 7 miles last night with LadyB the gsp on the trails of Monocacy Hill. An amazing slogfest of a run. I just felt creaky, exhausted, and tired. Almost didn't go out and run at all but it's hard not to take the Lady out. About 2 miles in I stopped to take a leak alongside the "rock garden". Hey, if I'm going to stop it might as well be on a tricky rough section of trail. To explain how bushed I was after finishing my business I just stood there for about 5 minutes looking around and spacing out. I nearly sat down on a rock as well but thought better of it. It was amazing how quiet it was considering this trail is only a mile or two from the busy route 422 corridor. I was on the opposite side of the hill from the highway though so I guess it's a sound barrier. Finally I started slogging again and convinced myself that I'd stop after the normal opening 5 mile loop but of course I am a stupid trail runner, it was still light, LadyB turned left at the end of the loop, so I went around 2 more miles.

Just a road run today at lunchtime for about an hour. It's grey and foggy. Hope the rain holds out for the tricksters.

QOTD: We get a lot of kids in our neighborhood so I'll be handing out candy and listening to my dogs bark.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

The pooch and I did a nice 6 mile trail run this foggy morning.

QOTD: Handing out candy.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Low_O2

3.5 miles on the roads with the dog last night. First run since my 50k on Sunday and felt surprisingly good. Dramatic improvement in recovery time compared to my first ultra back in April. I guess it really does get easier after a few. Hopefully sneak out for a short run this afternoon before the ghosts and goblins take over the streets.

QOTD: Not really, just hang out and hand out candy. DS is too young to care about Halloween and no family around here, so won't put much effort into dressing him up.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I'm on the Mandy injured list, Achilles something or other, bursitis

or tendinitis. So no running for a while, I'm taking this opportunity

to develop a winter strength training routine, started with squats

and lunges last night.

QOTD: Handing out candy. PB snickers are my new favorite.

Chnaiur

If my work day plays out perfectly, I will get a 15-miler in this pm. If not, I will cancel in favor of Halloween.

QODT: I'm taking a pirate and an astronaut out to collect candy. We live a few blocks from one of the most intense halloween scenes in the Bay Area. A whole street opens up their garages where they have built haunted houses and scary scenes. It is a blast for everyone, and I think it is fantastic to see what a community can do when it comes together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGMQ7lMFiXA

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Wandering Wally

5 miles this morning ahead of the rain moving in.

Sandy - Awesome pics!

QOTD - I have candy distribution duty.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast