Trailer Trash

Thursdaily (Read 36 times)

Birdwell

Morning folks!

It may be Thursday, but it's a Friday for me. Spring break is this week and the campus is closed tomorrow. Three day weekend here I come.

Got in 5 easy miles late last night. Speed work is the word for today.

QOTD: any projects going on around the homestead?

We're pulling out carpet and exposing the hardwood floors in our upstairs bedrooms. Slowly working on getting them refinished, but they look decent so far.

LB2

I did some nice hill repeats last night, deep in the woods. I wanted to try out my new headlamp. I was not disappointed. If you need a new lamp, I highly recommend the Black Diamond Storm. It is waterproof and pretty much brightens things up like the sun.

QOTD: We are doing some yard work. We try to get things in the yard in order between the last week of February and the third week of March. After that, we should be on maintenance until October for yard stuff unless we are adding flowers or something.

LB2

Gator eye

I sat and stared at the treadmill this morning, does that count?

QOTD: Shoveling snow

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

will get ~ 6 miles in the hills this afternoon- won't be bringing snowshoes which could be a mistake- we'll see

qotd: we're just into a new house so lots of unpacking/organizing- have some big metal shelves I have to put together in the garage

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

7 miles on the beach, plus a little bit of trail. Ran the middle miles at a 6 minute pace.

QOTD: YEAH! I gotta paint the outside of my house this summer. I have a great little home but it really needs to get painted. I'm thinking of having a trail running party followed by a BBQ and some house painting. RSVP if you're interested.

runtraildc

No running today.  No yoga either since I did something to my wrist and I can't put any weight on it.  So I'll just answer the qotd...

gotd:  We should start the demo on a bathroom this weekend.  Total gut job as it mostly is original to the house (80+ years).  And as should be expected, the repairs are extending past the bath (i.e. new plumbing through the basement) and it's getting more expensive by the minute.  Some of the work will be done by us (good thing DH is handy) and some by pros.

AT-runner

Tim

WTF happened to our nice weather.  12 degrees and 20 mph winds this morning on my run.  Almost blew over at one point from strong gust (and I'm a big guy).  It was 60 degrees here yesterday before the winds blew in.

Birdwell - enjoy the long weekend.

LB2 - how is the hunting going?

Gator - No, it does not, unless you changed positions often enough to get you HR up.

warden - Hope it's not a mistake, keep us posted if you go post holing.

lace - enjoy the sun and the beach.

runtraildc - Are we going to have to get you a bubble to keep you injury free?

QOTD:  I always have projects planned.  I want to make some new columns for our front porch.  Our house in 115 years old, and someone in the 60's put up colonial columns that have served their time well.  I have plans drawn up for tapered columns and but I need to make 8 of them, so I have to find some time.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

It was pretty cold and very windy for our 5 mile trail run.  At least the mud was frozen solid again.  The wind was strong enough to break up 5" thick ice on the reservoir.

QOTD: Not home projects as in home improvements, but I always have some kind of project going.  Lately I have been building and learning to play musical instruments (stick dulcimers).

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I really have meant to run this week...really I have.

QOTD: Where do I begin? Getting the home ready to put on the market sucks.  We keep our home as nice as possible but with three kids (ages 9,7 and almost 4) it's difficult. I am kind of surprised that we don't have more broken things around the house.  Tomorrow I am taking off work, have some windows going in, lots of painting (including the ceiling - ), and many other things.  It is a three day weekend for me - unfortunately 3 days of house work.  I thank my ultra running experience for the mental fortitude to "push through" when I don't feel like working anymore.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all!

Yesterday was 7 miles in some cold rain...it was still shorts/t-shirt weather so overall a win.  It has been a long time since there was any rain to run in so I didn't begrudge it.

Today the plan says 10 miles.  It'll be tough in the chilly wind, but I'm planning on toughing it out.

QOTD: I'm repairing my fish tank filter.  It is a sealed cannister, but it is sucking air somewhere.  Replacement parts are on their way.  I also need to do some work on my car and the house is in need of a serious spring cleaning.

**Ask me about streaking**

I'm taking one more day of rest for the calf. It feels much better and less tight today, so I think I'm going to test it out with an easy run tomorrow.

QOTD: I'm a renter and love not having to deal with homeowner issues. However, I imagine we'll be buying an older Philadelphia row home in 2015 and will have plenty to fuss about.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

It is my weekend now (I got yesterday and today off work), and I just waited this morning for the air to warm up. Now it's a balmy 12 degrees already, so I'll head out into the gusts of 30+mph. Yay for winter - again!

At least the sun is shining brightly, no clouds wheresoever, so it should turn out to be a glorious run.

Birdwell: Enjoy the break! Lots of running planned?

LB2: Having run with a pretty low light (30 lumens or so) before I switched to my new headlamp lets me relate to how you must have felt with your new light last night. How's the battery life of the new gadget?

Gator: It counts as mental training!

warden: I hope you won't sink under that new snow cover!

lace: Let me guess, the middle miles were the trail miles? I can't imagine running a 6 m/m pace, let alone on sand?

traildc: That doesn't sound too good. Sure the wrist does not need medical attention? Hope it will heal up soon again!

AT: 68 here yesterday, same as in DC. I feel like someone put me into the deep freeze!

TT: More than just a mild breeze that breaks up such ice...

Jamie: Take baby steps, start working on the mental aspect harder now (see Gator!).

Zilla: Brave!

T&C: Enjoy the rest!

QOTD: I might clean the bathrooms...   other than that, no.

Have a wonderful day, trailers!

Run for fun.

LB2

AT: Our season starts March 22nd. I am just scouting around right now. I am taking a youth on Sunday morning on a place his grandpa has permission to hunt. I watched a nice one in that field Tuesday between work and court. I have a lot of confidence in a good youth hunt this weekend. On the places I hunt, I am in the process of doing what I used to do before I was obsessed with running: taking my time and fine tuning my approach the last two weeks before the season starts. I have been listening and watching a few, and I will admit that I like what I have been hearing and seeing.

FTYC: The battery life on that new model is supposed to be 50 hours on the highest setting. I only have a couple of races that are critical for light sources this year. I'll be running one and pacing for Lace in the other one. Both those races are equally important. I get a great deal of satisfaction out of helping other runners, especially if there is a good chance of winning a 100 mile race.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

FTYC: The battery life on that new model is supposed to be 50 hours on the highest setting. I only have a couple of races that are critical for light sources this year. I'll be running one and pacing for Lace in the other one. Both those races are equally important. I get a great deal of satisfaction out of helping other runners, especially if there is a good chance of winning a 100 mile race.

Perhaps try out the battery life. My light is supposed to last 110 hours on high, but in real life, it puts out the high beam only for about 3 hours, then the intensity goes down to very low for the remaining "battery life", so in a race, I switch batteries every 2 hours, and take spares with me.

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I did some nice hill repeats last night, deep in the woods. I wanted to try out my new headlamp. I was not disappointed. If you need a new lamp, I highly recommend the Black Diamond Storm. It is waterproof and pretty much brightens things up like the sun.

QOTD: We are doing some yard work. We try to get things in the yard in order between the last week of February and the third week of March. After that, we should be on maintenance until October for yard stuff unless we are adding flowers or something.

I have the Black Diamond Storm.  It is very nice - a tad heavy but nice illumination.  The first 25% of battery life lasts approximately 8-10 hours, the next 50% 12-16 hours and the last 25% 8-10 hours.  The last 25% is not a great light - tie to change the batteries.  The first 75% though is great - and there is a little light on the side of the lamp (color coded) that shows which level it is in.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday