Trailer Trash

Finally Fridaily (Read 29 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Already afternoon, I'll start the thread today.  SRD today.  Windy and temps are dropping.  Planning on 8 miles tomorrow with DW and doing 16 on Sunday with the guy I'm doing R2R2R with.

QOTD:  Any running superstitions / "must do: routines (clothes item, food item, etc.), either with racing or training?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD:  For races, I ALWAYS eat a Pop-Tart 30-45 min before the race.  I've done it for over 20 years and it's as much a tradition as a superstition.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yea AT where is everyone?  I was going to start the thread but since I haven't run yet it didn't feel right.  The plan is the lunch time 5.  Need to start getting up in the am so I can take Earl.  Days a getting a little longer.

QOTD: Nope.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work for a 24 hour shift. Planning on working in some stretching throughout the day. Legs are really tight and stiff. Must be from yesterday's 11+ miles on icy, snowy, hilly roads. Things were icy enough that I was spinning out on some of the uphills. I'm sure there were a couple of times I looked like a cartoon character .

QOTD:  I almost always slug down a Beverley International Ultimate Muscle Protein shake after any significant run or ride. It's marketed more for body builders but I can tell a distinct difference in my recovery.

muppy

4.0 easy miles last night.

QOTD I usually try to wear my lucky yellow shirt for races, but it doesn't seem to help!

AT-runner

Tim

Legs are really tight and stiff. Must be from yesterday's 11+ miles on icy, snowy, hilly roads. Things were icy enough that I was spinning out on some of the uphills. I'm sure there were a couple of times I looked like a cartoon character .

Been feeling the same thing.  Even with screw shoes or micro spikes, that little slip back on each forward stride seems to add up to new muscle usage.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm here, I'm here!  Just lazy.  Haven't seen Kelly in a while and he hasn't updated his Facebook much either.  Maybe we should send out an SOS.  I got nothing going on today.  Just a bunch of work and taking Bella to the park later.

QOTD: Not really.  Guess I'm boring!

Running is dumb.

sugnim

I had a fast (for me) 4 mile run this morning under the stars.  It was hard to peel myself out of bed to run this morning, but as always, I'm glad I did.

QOTD:  My only must do before a run is visiting the bathroom.

LB2

I was busy at work today. I'll run 10 after work. I can hardly wait to get out there, and I like that feeling.

QOTD: Yes. I wear a crappy straw hat for races during the summer, and I wear, for all events, a cut off longsleeve 5K race shirt from quite a few years ago. I was the RD for that 5K, and I won it the second year we had it which doesn't say much for the competition. The first time I ran with the straw hat and the cut off tech shirt I won the race.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I ran a short 2+ miles last night on snowy roads.  Seems to be a pattern the last week.  Oh and more snow over the weekend! I am not sick of it yet since I didn't get in any snow runs last year, I have to make up.  Trying to figure out how to fit in a run (or two) over the weekend.  Should be able to.

QOTD: No not really.  I wish I could have some pre-race rituals cuz it would mean I am actually running a race.  I am just trying to go out and enjoy myself as I run.  As long as I am dressed appropriately for the weather, nothing else matters.

Have a great weekend! (and go Patriots!!!)

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Happy Super Friday all... a lot of road running for me this week due to time/work constraints but I've had some decent mileage. Today had time to hit the trails at lunchtime. A gorgeous 6 miles in the snowy woods. Finally some real nice packed snow conditions. Seems so far this year the snow has been wet and slushy, and last year was just icy crunchy deep and unrunnable. Today was perfect. A nice solid base with packed snow single track that was really a fast surface for screw shoes. I ran a time that's as good as my dry trail running times. Packed snow hides the rocks too! Been awhile since I've seen snow this good for running around here.

QOTD: I swill Gatorade like crazy the 2 days before the race. Also, 2-3 good craft beers the night before.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Uh oh... now what?

Friday being a nonrunning day... http://rungentlyoutthere.com/an-unexpected-gift/

QOTD:  None that I can remember.