Trailer Trash

Home Again Thursdaily (Read 33 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning!

Home again...because here I am. My boss will not let me work until I have been on meds for 24 hours...and I can't get it until later this morning. So...I have a whole day...what shall I do? If I can scare up gas money I want to drive to the Lansing-ish direction to run at Sleepy Hollow State Park. If not, I will settle for my local state park. Something new would be nice.

Qotd: not as interesting as the last couple...but..do you get bored with your running routes? I pretty much have 3 different loops I run. One of them (a 9 mile) most often. Although it gets repetative, I find familiarity allows my eyes to focus on the 5 feet in front of me and let's my mind wander. I don't have to worry about getting lost.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

XtremeTaper

The gsp and I ran 6.5 mi last night out at Green Lane reservoir trails, running 2 loops of the hemlock trail. It finally felt like an August summer evening. Sort of warm and toasty. Good route for the dog as there were plenty of stops along the lake for her to cool off. Tonight we will run a similar distance, place TBD.

QOTD: Once in awhile I'll get bored but I do have good variety nearby (15-25 minutes), and more stuff 30-60 minutes away. Nearby I have...

Green Lane reservoir:  I have 3 day to day loops for 5-8 miles, plus I can do a big loop around the lake for 12-16 miles.

Monocacy Hill, 7-8 miles of trails, Coventry Woods:, 8-10 miles of trails,

French Creek State Park: I have 3 different day to day loops from 6-9 miles, can easily make a loop of any distance up to 30 miles I suppose.

Hay Creek Watershed: 8-10 miles of trails, Warwick Park: 6-7 miles of trails.

Plus the Horseshoe trail and you can connect to many of these parks with that trail. Numerous cinder/dirt, towpath trails such as the Perkiomen river trail, Schuylkill River trail too.

Feel pretty lucky actually with all that is around here.

Moonlight - Day off, run somewhere new!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Occasional Runner

Very slow and pathetic 5 miler with my pup. I got in late last night after taking full advantage of the free beers in first class. I didn't feel like running, but I owed it to the pup to get out there.

QOTD: I never get bored because I have so many options to choose from. After almost 2 years of living here, I'm still exploring all the trails right behind my house.

The pooch and I had a nice 5 mile trail run.  It started out kind of sticky, but a refreshing breeze kicked up halfway through.

QOTD:  Not really.  We have a number of areas we run in and each one has plenty of side trails so the loops can be varied almost infinitely.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I got out early for 6 easy trail miles.  Now getting ready to pick up the rental truck and start packing up DS.

For you gardeners, this is DW's harvest from yesterday.  Time to get canning.

QOTD:  Yes, I do get tired of certain sections, and I'll retire them for a while.  Then when I go back to them, I try to do it in a different season.  I have one short runs that I haven't done in years because I had covered it so many times.  I like to see new sights, so I'll drive farther to a trail head just to explore.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

5 easy road miles last night.

QOTD I tend to mix it up on the trails, when I'm short on time I run on a paved trail that goes by the Hershey med center, that gets old but it's convenient.

DigDug2

Good morning, all.  7 on the roads this morning - legs feeling a little heavy, took it easy.  Will take SRD tomorrow (maybe with some stepper action at the gym).

QOTD:  sometimes my local road routes get boring (insert comment about how road running is boring by definition), but I never get bored with my local trail runs, even when I end up running the same loops/trails repeatedly.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning all.  Got in a short but higher tempo run last night.  It's been a while since I have run in a higher humidity like last night.  It felt good to sweat bullets.  I might be paying for the tempo thingy today though as a portion of my adductor (the injury issue I have been dealing with the last 9+ months) is hurting a bit.

moonlight - way to look on the bright side of pink eye!!!

XT - jealous of your choices of trails.  Those are some nice areas.  There was a time I lived down that way.

lace - your pup is "energetic" to say the least

TT - i think we should have some relief from the humidity for a day or two and then it is back over the weekend.

AT - DW's stash looks great!

Muppy - I know that path well. It's pretty heavily used right?

DD - get to steppin'

QOTD: We just moved so I am having fun getting to know our new neighborhood including some trails around.  When I am able to get to the local trails around me, I don't get bored mainly because I don't get out to them as much as I would like and with the changing seasons in PA, the same trail is not really the same in summer vs. fall vs. winter vs. spring.

Have a great day everyone!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Got a nice 6 mile run in this morning, shaved off a minute off of my PR for this route Smile

qotd: I've got dozens and dozens of routes close by, but I tend gravitate to 3 or 4 different ones during the week.  The weekend is generally reserved for adventure runs, longer and often first time routes

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gator eye

Morning all

did ten early morning miles.Time to slack up a little and call it a taper.

I run mostly in the dark so all my routes feel the same except for number of hills and such

Daydreamer1

Heading out for some kind of bike ride in a few minutes. Not sure if DW is going along or not. That makes a big difference in route, which bike I take and how far I go. Probably should mow the lawn today. This evening we plan to go see the City Islanders play the Philadelphia Union. The Islanders are a minor league soccer club and the Union are their MLS parent club.

QOTD: I have two local road loops of 4.5 miles and 6.3 miles that I don't really get too tired of running, but that's because I run them for speed. Most of the other road runs I get bored on.  I have to drive quite a distance to get to decent trails and most of the trails in that area are overgrown this time of the year which limits what I can run, so I do get somewhat bored with my trails as well. I never have the problem of getting bored with routes when I'm on the bike. I have tons of roads that I haven't been on in the past two years simply because I have so many options.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice little 6.3 with Earl this morning...felt cool at first but soon was sweaty.

QOTD:  Yes my daily makes it hard to get out of the bed because the first 1.4 sucks!  .5 on the road going up hill, then a mini break then another steep hill that I usually walk.  Once I reach that I am good and have three or four optional directions to run. I guess that's not boredom but frustration because I do like a middle piece in there....but I wish I could get up and by pass that first 1.4.   Boredom was one of the reason I quit the long runs.  Tired of spending time on the same routes.

AT:  Nice harvest...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Last night, DH came home early from his trip to MD, so I went to work today - a bit tired. DS had a temperature of 105 last night, so I worried more than I slept. He is doing fairly well, despite the fever, but so far, a return trip to the doctor's office seems more likely this afternoon than his guitar lesson!

Maybe a run later.

QOTD: Rarely. I have at least 7 start locations within 15 minutes driving time, and several different trail options from each, as well as gravel or paved roads. I think I'm heavily spoiled in that regard.

When I get bored, it's because I'm either too lazy to drive to a different trailhead than the last time, or weather restrictions.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Plan to run after work today.  I hate running after work, but these days I seem to hate getting up in the morning even more.  I need to get a race on the horizon soon (I have been sneaking looks at UTMF in April.)

qotd: I have a lot of different routes and sometimes even reverse direction.  I usually mix it up.  But I run with some people who do the same loop all-the-time, I usually only run with them once a week though.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

NorthernHarrier

Mountain biking at the crack of dawn at the Cam-Rock trails. Hadn't biked there in a while as I was getting bored with the place but some time away didn't seem to help. Oh wait, that's the QOTD.    Probably do some weights and elliptical with a cold form of hydration while I watch the Packers in the man-cave.  Early run in the morning if it's not raining too hard.

QOTD--yes. Despite a decent variety and I mix it up as much as I can it happens. I try a little speed play and vary the distance or routes when possible. Happens to me up north a little too.  It's worse during a bad winter when only a few trails are runnable and I'm on the roads more.

How do people do it without a variety of trails handy or worse yet....how can people put in so much time on a treadmill?