Trailer Trash

Where the heck is the Thursdaily (Read 32 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Quick 3.25 miles this morning. Too much to do.  Kidds on the bus, off to the PT and then to work.

QOTD: Have you had any duh! or doh! moments as part of your running.

Mine was last night and this morning.  So I am at the PT because of some acute pain in my heel area after my last race.  I thought maybe the Cascadia's just were not for me (see yesterday's QOTD).  I had them on last night (non running related activity) and I felt my toes.  Hmmm.  These shoes are too small for me!! Doh! The light came on.  I never realized it.  They are the same size as all of my other shoes.  Infact I had went up the 1/2 size in 2011 that other trail runners told me to and it's still too small.  Possibly my feet are getting bigger? Anyways, could be a major player in why I had such bad pain after my last race.  Double doh!!!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

I guess a late start for everyone today.

Plan is to do the 4.1 miles necessary to keep pace with the bunny.  That might be in the rain.

QOTD: Duh/Doh...not the first time I feel the onset of a TMTS injury, the run after it when it becomes "painfully" obvious something is not right.  I then get a moment of clarity where I can look back and easily identify the cause(s).  If I could move that moment of clarity from hindsight to foresight I would be in good shape indeed.

Doh! When I run a new "around town" route and run out of sidewalk in a sketchy area.

Duh! When I finally get around to trying out a different trail.

**Ask me about streaking**

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning, gentlemen.

A little over 5 miles in the foggy, muggy,  woods. I've added a 6th day

to my running week (run 6 days, rest 1 day), so I'm keeping the distance

relatively short until I adjust. Considering 2 weeks ago I was in a wicked

funk I think I'm bouncing back well.

QOTD: I've had many of those moments. The most recent being last October

when I ran a 5K on my birthday, after that race I said 'screw this, 5k's are a pain

in ass and their over too soon'.

Occasional Runner

14 miles in the mountains this morning. It's gorgeous in the Wasatch right now. The wildflowers are out and the waterfalls are raging. It's the best place I've ever run.

QOTD: I get lost al lot, so that's usually when I have those moments.

I did a hilly 18 mile ride on the road bike joined by my daughter and son in law.

QOTD: Probably too many for any to stand out Smile

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

14 miles in the mountains this morning. It's gorgeous in the Wasatch right now. The wildflowers are out and the waterfalls are raging. It's the best place I've ever run.

QOTD: I get lost al lot, so that's usually when I have those moments.

Pictures would be nice!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jonferg67

Endless trails

Ok, what's the process for posting pics using TinyPic? Pleez.

Occasional Runner

Pictures would be nice!

On my FB wall!

Occasional Runner

This is the only picture I took this morning. It's not great because the sun was just beginning to come up. Through the haze on the right side of the picture, you can make out Antelope Island in the distance.

AT-runner

Tim

Taking it easy today.  Sole Master 24 Hour on Saturday.  I get to hang out a bit with Scott Jurek tomorrow.  He's in town for a talk and then he's starting the race with his loud "holler".  I get to wear a few hats since I'm one of the race sponsors, a volunteer and a participant.

QOTD: Too many, but most the recent one was last week when I went to take a sip of water and realized I wasn't wearing my pack.  Did a 180 and back to truck for my pack.  That was a first for me, but my mind was busy doing 1000 things before I jumped out of the truck that I just spaced.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Chnaiur

I'm done with my 5-day rest, and still trying to decide what I do today. This year, I had concentrated my running into two longish runs to make sure I could catch my tendonitis if it started to flare. However, at this point I feel that I'm not getting enough frequency to get my footsoles into the right shape. So I'm considering breaking my 15-mile run up into 3 days of 5-6 miles each.

Looking out the window right now though, I will be severely tempted to do the long run: we'll have 60F and clear blue skies in SF today... Running-wise, it doesn't get much better than that.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Snowdenrun

9 miles on the road and in the sun yesterday. First time since beginning of September I ran in only shoes, shorts and a t-shirt! No gloves, no bandanna over the ears, no laying, how wonderful! A bit weird actually having a wet forehead from sweat and not rain, but I'll take it! I have a dentist appointment today and hoping to get a run in after that, or possibly a hike.

QOTD: yeah.. every time I get on the treadmill again I quickly get off remembering I hate it.

Good afternoon all. Got in 18 before work tomorrow. I have 30 planned tomorrow then its off to my bachelor party. Can't wait.

qotd: all the time. It usually involves me getting lost or tripping over something on the trail.

Sandy-2

5 miles

5 am

75 deg

100 % humidity

42 min

qotd:    DOH !!!!   Doing an unsupported 40 mile training run and forgetting to dilute the electrolyte (no additional water available to add during the run).  It was too strong when the temp started to go up and it contributed to stomach issues and a major bonk.

tbd.

DigDug2

6.7 this a.m. on road/rail trail/real trail.  Humidity sucks.

QOTD:  getting lost and falling are the ones that come to mind.  Particularly falling on the road, after making through gnarley trails unscathed.