Trailer Trash

Where have you been Tuesdaily? (Read 30 times)

Sandy-2

Did anyone even know I was missing?  The RA website has not been working for me for a long time. I just get kicked out and it doesn’t work for a while. . . .      then magically it does.  WTF?

I’ve been running, but not too much, just continuing in maintenance mode abt 25 to 30 mpw.  We’ve had a really cold snap, but no snow like you folks ‘back home’.  This morning it was cold and windy, so that means I’ll be running after work today.  Probably about 5 mi along the water front.

qotd:  pass.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Been here snowed in all weekend. Wasn't planning on going anywhere at this time of night in any case.

QOTD: Let's skipped the beer for one day. What are some of your favorite wines? I lean toward the sweeter white wines like Riesling and Pinot Grigio and have several Australian wineries that are my preferences because they are inexpensive and suit my palate. Favorites and most easily available are wines from Jacob's Creek and Yellowtail.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NHLA

6 miles on secondary roads. Mabe three inches of snow-slush. Wore me out.

qotd  Twisted Old Vine Zinfandel good cheap wine only $9 for big bottle.  14 Hands  Hot to Trot great medium price red blend.

Gator eye

6 on the main roads, back roads still to icy to run on. Mr. Jangles is starting to get cabin fever leaving him at home but the cars on the main roads don't leave you much room early in the morning.

Sandy- it might have something to do with all the spam being pumped in here from Asia lately.

QOTD. I like reds, as a day to day dinner wine I like Barefoot.

LB2

Something after work if the weather is cooperating, which is anyone's guess.

QOTD: I like reds.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

Snowing like crazy here. I'm guessing it will be interesting drive south at least for the first 100 miles or so.  Am planning a road run of 11-13 when I get home, whenever that may be.

Sandy, I knew you were missing but with my own attendance issues I certainly wasn't about to say anything. 

QOTD--No wine here.

AT-runner

Tim

Did some morning chores and now going to try and see if some of the logging roads have had any truck or snowmobile traffic. I'll take some screw shoes and my microspikes and see what I need based on the usage. Roads are still too dangerous around me since most shoulders aren't clear yet.

Sandy - welcome back to the world of freedom. Any problems with your e-mail too, or just websites?

QOTD:  We don't drink a lot of wine and when we do, it's usually local.  There's a red from Reed's Winery that I really like called Richmond's Rebel.  The most popular local wine is a white from Adams County Winery and called Tears of Gettysburg. The tourists go crazy for it and it sells out very quickly.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got a nice run in last night, picked trails that mostly stayed in the timber where the stayed pretty well packed, my pace was only minutes behind my dry, no snow times. Had to come into work early today which means early out- will get 6-ish in the hills after work.

qotd: very occasional wine drinker, love me a good hardy, dry Cabernet Sauvignon with anything with a marinara sauce

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Planning on 6-7 miles on the road sometime today. If the weather report shows that it will be clear tonight I'll probably run after dark to take advantage of the moonlight. I love running with a bright moon and snow on the ground.

Sandy - I think Gator is right. Apparently the general forums have been getting hit with a lot of spam that is coming from Korea.  Don't know if the guy that runs the site could add you as a trusted source or not. There was some talk on the one forum about them blocking all IP addresses from Korea unless they get approval.  And yea, I did wonder where you were.

QOTD:  I like just about anything by Arbor Mist. Mostly it has to be a wet wine with just a hint of the alcohol coming through.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Of course we missed you Sandy!!  I think everyone on this site has been a little lack luster.  Think it may be a holiday hang over.  But I think we are all going to get our shit together in February.    at least that's my plan.  Running plan on lunch time run and then core at gym...got here a half an early to make up for the hour long extra lunch.

QOTD:  I like reds; cabernets.   Apothic Red sticks out in my mind as being a tasty although non-cab wine.  I over indulge so need to stick to affordable wines.  Drinking a Turning Leaf Cab right now that was on sale for $3.99...need to go pick a some more because it taste pretty good and a steal at that price.  Wine...what a great topic.

NHLA:  The name Hot to Trot  just doesn't sound right. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Welcome back, Sandy!

We got maybe an inch or two of snow last night.  Just enough to make the commute a little long this morning, and a run tonight sloppy.  Damn winter.  I'm ready for spring!  Anyway, running 5-6 miles tonight or so around the 'hood.

QOTD: I like both reds and whites as long as they're dry.  I can't do wines that are too sweet.  That said, I can't remember the last time I had any wine.  I've mostly given up on alcohol.  It just doesn't agree with me, even in limited quantities.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Had to drive a bit to find an area to park, but was able to follow some snowmobile tracks for an out-and-back 10 miles.  Snow was soft on the way back and felt like a much longer run than it was. Every step I seemed to slip down a bit, really adding to the effort. Would have been great with snowshoes. Now if I only had snowshoes.

This is a forest road. Only the snow machines have made it there so far.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Now if I only had snowshoes.

Do you want to borrow mine?  Our winters haven't had enough snow recently for me to use them!  Sounds like a tough run.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Do you want to borrow mine?  Our winters haven't had enough snow recently for me to use them!  Sounds like a tough run.

I'm sure my current 195 lbs would exceed the weight limit on your shoes. 

NH had suggested a pair to get before, but I can't find that. I'd really like to try snowshoe running, and this snow will be around for a while.  I've hiked in snowshoes before, but never done any running.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sierra Trading Post has some Redfeather race shoes on sale, add a 25-35% off coupon (lots of them floating around) you could be into a pair for right around a $100 bill- that's where I got mine a couple of years ago (Atlas ones)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √