Trailer Trash

Treadmill Tuesday (Read 32 times)

Guess everyone is sleeping in today.

I had an amazingly warm 42 degree run yesterday! It was windy but wonderful. Today temps are back in the teens and single digits so I'm heading to the gym for 5 after work.

QOTD: pass

AT-runner

Tim

I ventured outside and got in 10 miles on some logging roads.  8 degrees and -10 wind chill.  I looked like I was dressed to go going skiing instead of running and was happy I could keep the water from freezing until about the last 2 miles.  A couple of wind gusts gave me an instant headache, much like a brain freeze from eating ice cream too fast.  All in all it was a nice run, but I was glad to see the car.  I love heated seats!

QOTD:  Winner will be Denver, Seattle or don't care.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Good afternoon.  Not a great day for running east of the Mississippi, it seems.  Yesterday ended up being nada, today is looking grim- running-wise.  I will get to evening yoga.

qotd:  don't care.  I always go out SuperBowl Sunday, thinking it will be quiet with no one around.  Always forget that it actually is a night game and folks are running around getting last minute food, or heading to parties.  That just about sums up my interest in football, though I wish well for the fans.

muppy

Got in 13 miles in12° with 20 mph winds, was really nice run except that my sweaty hat was frozen over my ears!

QOTD I would have to go with the Broncos.

Watoni

Lunch run now (hopefully)

QOTD: I am not much of a football fan but would prefer Denver

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD:  Winner will be Denver, Seattle or don't care.

No dog in the fight, but I'm going for Denver.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

sugnim

Afternoon all.  I've got my shoes here under my desk at work and will be running home on this sunny but cold afternoon.  5ish miles are likely.

QOTD:  Superbowl Sunday is one of my favorite days of the year.  I could not care less about professional team sports, but I love the fact that during the Superbowl, everything is empty.  You can have a popular trail all to yourself, go grocery shopping super quick, or even go out for a road run without really having to worry about too much traffic.  As for who wins, it makes no difference to me.

Occasional Runner

I ended up sleeping in and I enjoyed it. We're finally back home and I can't wait to get into the mountains! Perfect weather in northern Utah right now.

QOTD: I grew up in Washington state, so I've always been a Seahawks fan.

Chnaiur

5 easy miles today.

QOTD: Which sport? (= don't care)

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

It was a chilly 14F and the trails were still snow covered after yesterday's thaw. The temp was OK except where there was no shelter from the wind. Where the wind was strong it felt bitter cold (wind chill somewhere in the negative double digits). We managed a pretty fast 4 miles. Without spikes it would have been slow going as the trails had thawed and refrozen so they were icy.

QOTD:  Don't care.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Ultra Cowboy

Coaching my daughter's Basketball team tonight.

On Sunday I'll be cheering on Tomales...

the other game that day depends on which #'s I get in the pool...

WYBMADIITY

Save

Sandy-2

Ok the rollercoaster ride continues.  In the last 5 days we have cycled from the upper 20's to the 70's to the low 30's (today) tonight will be 28.  In a few days, for Rocky Raccoon 100 mile, they are calling for 76 deg, glad I'm only working the aid station, I can work on my tan.

Had ice on the palm tree today...  sorry for such a bad photo.

I did 5 miles this afternoon, nice and cool, but I'll be sweating again soon....   LOL.

qotd: I think that Denver will take it, but I don't really care either way.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 6 mile run in this evening in the hills, microspikes are not optional-the trails are very icy

qotd: I was hoping for a Denver v Seattle Superbowl, got my wish Smile  I think I'll route for Seattle- it's now closer than Denver (Denver was closer when I lived in Miles City) and they've never won one, just hope it's a good (read close) game

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

mtwarden- I assume you know this, but if you're doing the Zion Traverse on 4/5, that's the same weekend as the Zion 100. You should swing by the race and say hello.

NorthernHarrier

Tossing around the idea of still heading out for 4 miles or so around the hood but it's warm in here and about 2 below honey outside.(couldn't resist) Maybe have a beer instead. Small warmup coming tomorrow so maybe we'll get back a little bit towards normalcy I hope. Did another day of weights and elliptical but I need a good run. Badly.

And because I do still like winter I signed up for a snowshoe race that's being put on about 10 minutes from my cabin on some restored trails. Feb. 16th I think it is. Better get training for that nonsense I guess. And I said I would never do another snowshoe race....

QOTD--Huge NFL guy here but I despise the Super bowl. Overhyped bullshit. Suddenly everybody that never watches a game become big fans. Stupid.  I'll be driving home from up north during it and won't even listen.  That being said I will root for Russell Wilson(badger) and the Seahawks but I think Denver wins despite Manning sucking in cold weather.