Trailer Trash

Wednesdailies (Read 31 times)

Marley and I had a nice cool 4 mile trail run.  It was 28F and the mud was frozen solid again.  Watching Marley pick the dry route over the creek crossings, I thought about Cookie (Marley's predecessor) who would choose this kind of morning to swim.  It was kind of weird, but the days she chose to swim were usually in the upper 20s and she was less likely to swim in summer.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers- we're starting to warm up, was  -8 last night when I went to bed and now it's 0- that's a good sign   tomorrow we're back into the 20's

will hit the treadmill this evening for 5-ish

qotd: anyone planning on running 15 tomorrow?  barring some crazy weather event, I plan to

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

The heater in my old beater car has been weak and now almost quit working entirely. I'm going to try to flush out the heater core and it's about 30 degrees outside. Should of done this when it was in the 60s. Why, oh why, do I procrastinate with things like this .

After that It will be a 5-7 mile run depending on what I have time for.

TT -- What breed was Cookie?

QOTD: I was hoping to do double digits. Not quite sure I'm good for 15 at this point though.

NorthernHarrier

I had plans to get up at 5 to run some pace work on my 10k road loop but a quick look at the temps (-2) and it's plan B which will be a headlamp run on the IAT near Lodi after work. Should be a tad more comfortable then. Decided to stay home this weekend too as the temps in N. Wisconsin will be brutal Sunday and Monday. The high on Monday will be -5. That's a little chilly to do much of anything.  So I wonder if our moderator is around to run (hint).

Warden--18 people so far in our 55K out there. I keep looking at those pics and hope I survive. Looks awesome.

QOTD-Planning 12-14 on snowfree frozen trails.  It's a rare deal to be snowfree for trail running around here on Jan 1st.

I am a little slow at times,, ok 15 it is!

Edit/add--Daydreamer, sounds like something that may tie into that resolution you mentioned yesterday. 

AT-runner

Tim

Not working this afternoon, so might be able to head to the woods instead of my usual Wednesday road run.  Cards with some friends tonight then off to see fireworks at midnight.

TT - looks like Marley is back to 100%.

warden - saw your weather. Stay warm.

Kelly (Lace) is 117. 58 miles at 22:29.23.  He's got the lead in sight.

You can follow him here @ Across the Years.  Some crazy numbers being put up in the 6 day race.

QOTD:  DW and I were going to do 12, but we might have to add some more.  Thanks for the suggestion.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Kelly (Lace) is 117. 58 miles at 22:29.23.  He's got the lead in sight.

You can follow him here @ Across the Years.  Some crazy numbers being put up in the 6 day race.

Sue Scholl (6 day race. - 1st female) is also a fellow RWOL/RAer.  She's super cool and a crazy fantastic distance runner.  She goes by SueInTN around here.

Harrier, I was thinking about running somewhere on Saturday...Brooklyn, maybe?

QOTD: Nope.  That's too far for my bum hip right now!  I will run tomorrow, but only 7-8 miles.

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I ran last night.  It was cold.  It was good. Enough said.

Lace - go get 'em.

QOTD: I will try for 1.5....close enough right?

Have a great last day of the year.  Stay safe if your are partying tonight.  Not me.  I will probably be asleep prior to midnight.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

Harrier, I was thinking about running somewhere on Saturday...Brooklyn, maybe?

Sounds good. Sent you a PM prior to seeing this.but let's plan on it. Cool!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I ran last night.  It was cold.  It was good. Enough said.

And...?  How did it feel?  Are you still in PT?  Did you ever get an official diagnosis?

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Edit/add--Daydreamer, sounds like something that may tie into that resolution you mentioned yesterday. 

Haha, I thought the exact same thing.  DD, get that honey-do list ready.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Haha, I thought the exact same thing.  DD, get that honey-do list ready.

I was hanging out with my BFF and her husband over the weekend and we ordered some sandwiches.  Her DH left to go pick up them for us and I was like, "Man, I need an errand boy like that..." 

Running is dumb.

moonlightrunner

I am here at work today...and not in the mood to work very hard. Holidays make it difficult to commit fully to the task at hand. Fortunately, nothing I do is a life or death issue.

Planning a short run tonight in the bitter cold (thanks, Warden...you could have armed the air a little more before sending it this way).

Qotd: I will not be running g 15 for the New Year. I am entered to race 30 on Saturday. I am undertrained...and I think 15 tomorrow would not be a good idea for me. There is one other woman in my age group...I want to win my age...but it I seems unlikely.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

I was hanging out with my BFF and her husband over the weekend and we ordered some sandwiches.  Her DH left to go pick up them for us and I was like, "Man, I need an errand boy like that..." 

If you ever move to Portland, OR, I'll hook you up with my son.  

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

If you ever move to Portland, OR, I'll hook you up with my son.  

Isn't he college aged?  Robbing the cradle, baby!

Running is dumb.

Happy NYE all. I am planning to get out shortly for 6 chilly miles.

QOTD: I will not run tomorrow, but will instead be celebrating Philly's annual New Year's tradition, the Mummers Parade.