Trailer Trash

Thrilling Thursdaily (Read 25 times)

LB2

My house is on a slab, so I don't know.

LB2

Sandy-2

Went to my meeting all day, then ran 5 miles at 5pm, then went to dinner, then drank a few brews in a few pubs. Now I'm buzzed and watching the Scotland voting returns.  Fun times.

Cheers.

qotd: every once in a while we have an opossum living under our back deck, but it moves on after a few days.  No big deal.

I really have had too much beer ....

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

You broke your toe?!  Oh no!  Do you know how long you're out for?

Probably for 2-4 weeks, minimum. They had trouble figuring out how bad it is (or not) because the toe has been broken multiple times before. They want me to reduce the weight on the foot, but not completely. So I figured as I weigh about half of the average woman in my area, I'm good.

Awaiting further evaluation by my doc tomorrow.

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a great 6.5 mile trail/paved path combo run on Wed afternoon.  A little stationary bike last night. If I am feeling ok later, maybe a night run.

Mandy - awesome about the great run.  It gives some hope doesn't it? And did I miss that you are in a race this weekend?

Couch - All I can do is shake my head.  There must be a reason you should be out for a few weeks. (loved your description of the black bear btw).

QOTD: Well we just moved over the summer and it's quite a difference from our last house to this one.  The former home had groundhogs a plenty under the shed (I think we trapped and released about 15 over a 5 year span).  Could not catch the momma until last summer when our neighbor "got her" while we were on vacation.  We also had tons of rabbits around.  At our new home it's a different story.  No rabbits cuz we have a colony of feral cats (8+ that I count).  Some of the neighbors feed them.  I don't like cats but they haven't bothered us...yet.  So no rabbits for obvious reasons.  Plenty of squirrels as we have a black walnut tree in the back yard.  And then there is the skunk.  Not sure if it is one or multiple but most nights I can go out and find a nice size skunk around our yard.  We have no deck or shed so I am not so sure it lives in our yard (although we do have a couple holes in the yard).  Lace - I had read on FB what Jo posted about your dog's run in with the skunk(s) in your backyard.  I was trying to learn from your experience.  Unfortunately our dog is smaller than the skunk and does not stand a chance!

Have a great day and weekend everyone!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday