Trailer Trash

Sundailies (Read 31 times)

Marley and I had another great 6 mile trail run. It was a little sticky, but not too bad.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Sandy-2

A rough 5 miles this morning.  It was really hot and humid with not a lick of breeze.  Like running is a steamy sweat bubble. I saw a few other runners out and they were struggling as well. Got it done though.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Birdwell

6 humid miles late last night

muppy

Plan on 4 miles after work. It's starting to warm up here too, I miss winter!

moonlightrunner

I did 10 enjoyable trail miles today. It was a little humid and the deerflies and mosquitoes were awful. They constantly encourage me to keep running.. preferably faster. Yesterday's blisters from 16 in shoes that were way too small did not bother me.

Qotd: have you purchased anything new and fun lately....running or non-running lately? I purchased a Rev 6 hydration pack...which i love. I just ordered a pair of Altra Superiors. My first pair of non five finger running shoes in several years.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

DW and I just got back from 10 miles on the AT.  Did some boulder hopping, and I almost stepped on a black snake.  I was mid flight and saw something move and yelled "snake" and somehow managed to extend my landing spot to miss stepping on it.  Then I yelled out "only a black snake".  DW thought it was funny that I said "only", but I worry about copperheads and rattlers.  The rest are "only" snakes.

QOTD:  No, but I need some new shoes, and the Altra Olympus have been out of stock for a while.  Talked to a rep the other day and he said they are coming soon.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Friday I did a 7.4 mile hilly road run that went really good. Clocked my fastest per mile time of the year for a short or mid distance run. Last evening I did a 13.1 mile mostly flat road run. My legs were dead and I really suffered to the point that I had to briefly walk on the two hills that are on the course. Today the legs are still dead and feeling very stiff and sore, so it looks like it's going to be a bike ride with DW this afternoon.

QOTD: The most recent running related purchase was a new pair of Hoka Mafate 3s. Can't wait to get them out on the trail. They feel as nice as the first generation Mafates, I just hope the soles hold up to the rocks a little better then the first generation ones did. On the non-running side I just bought a Char-Broil Tru-Infrared grill. I'm looking forward to seeing if I can do better with this then the regular gas grill I had.  The most fun purchase in the past year was the AR-15 that I bought. It's a lot of fun to shoot and play with but gets rather expensive. Running is definitely  cheaper.

Occasional Runner

Finished 3rd overall at the Vertigo Night Run in Phoenix. The 63k got shortened to a 52k due to unrelenting lightening that was pounding the race course. The strikes were so close that it gave me night blindness a few times. I wasn't running to be competitive, but things were going well last night and I was also the beneficiary of some attrition up front. 106 degrees at the start, so there was some carnage.

QOTD: Nothing for me.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Nice and warm today, so I'll be heading out for a run after lunch has settled. Had to stay late at work, so I had to adjust my plans.

Now that I've been running almost exclusively on very steep, technical trails in the past 2+ weeks, the gravel road over the mountain, which I ran last night, seemed almost flat. Finally, I can feel some strength developing, which I will need for the lots of hills waiting for me soon.

One more hard week, then let the 2-week taper begin!

Last night's run was magical. While I did not see meteors, the night was lit up with hundreds of fireflies. Reminded me of that scene in the Robin Hood animated movie!

TT: You two are really brave to stick out the heat almost every day! Way to go!

Sandy: Sounds a bit rough. What's the climate going to be like at your new place in Korea?

Birdwell: Nice evening miles.

Muppy: Where do you live?

moonlight: I think my feet would have fallen off if I had run in shoes two whole sizes too small. You are one tough woman!

AT: Meanwhile, after many encounters with rattlesnakes, jumping them, or almost stepping right onto them, I've arrived at that point, too, where there's the "Rattlesnake!"s and the "Just a snake..."s.

DD1: When I'm on the building side of the training curve, my legs can get tired and dead, too. I never had that when I was younger, seems to be age-related? But, once building up is about done, the legs feel fine again. Have a fun ride later!

Kelly: Congrats! Awesome place! Must have been quite a storm at your race - and you must have run it smart.

QOTD: Nothing really. The longer (5") Roadrunner shorts which I bought in spring seem to work well to avoid chafing on sweaty runs, but I'm still not 100% convinced. The material just seems a bit scratchy and rough, compared to my Saucony shorts (3").

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Hi again, just kind of having a lazy day today (did I mention everyone in our house has a cold, except me...?)

AT: did you see this?  Perhaps you'll see Karl zooming by you in "Rocksylvania" soon: http://www.irunfar.com/2014/07/karl-meltzer-pre-appalachian-trail-fkt-attempt-interview.html  But then again, he is supposed to be in "stealth mode".

FTYC: the climate in Korea is much like the New York City area, but a little wetter in the early summer and a little drier in the winter.  Much better temps than here in TX.

qotd: nothing much.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD for me today, a little over 9 hour run yesterday in the Crazies

qotd: nothing much new running related, but did buy a new backpack- an Exped Lightning 65, 65 liter pack (w/ frame) that only weighs 2 lbs-looking forward to giving it a workout

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

AT: did you see this?  Perhaps you'll see Karl zooming by you in "Rocksylvania" soon: http://www.irunfar.com/2014/07/karl-meltzer-pre-appalachian-trail-fkt-attempt-interview.html  But then again, he is supposed to be in "stealth mode".

Yes, I saw this on the AT Facebook site.  I went out and saw Jennifer Pharr-Davis when she came through at Caledonia SP.  She had a lot of support, so will interesting to see how big Karl's support staff is.  It was easy to track her, as they had frequent updates on her progress, so hopefully Karl will have some information up on his blog.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I ended up with a decent 6 mile run through some extremely hot and humid air today, 95 with a heat index of 103. Yesterday's long run was a complete disaster that got dogged off about 23 miles short of its intended distance. But, I was happy with today, 19 day streak going here.

QOTD: Nothing lately.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Just ran 6 sluggish miles with Earl...he wanted to sniff and mark the trail and I was fine with that.  I haven't done a long run since 06/28 and that was only 17 miLes.  I've been in a bit of a funk lately and my boss almost convinced me to join a cross fit class.   Luckily a friend talked me down... But I may join a gym.

Qotd: I bought a pair of Almatta Northface shorts...I was telling my friend that all my regular (non running) Shorts were uncomfortable and hot.  She told me about this short.  It's cute, light weight, has some give.  I took them camping and wore them everyday.  Just dunked them in the lake at night and hung them to dry.  So just order another pair from sports authority and going to get rid of all those other shorts.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Yes, I saw this on the AT Facebook site.  I went out and saw Jennifer Pharr-Davis when she came through at Caledonia SP.  She had a lot of support, so will interesting to see how big Karl's support staff is.  It was easy to track her, as they had frequent updates on her progress, so hopefully Karl will have some information up on his blog.

There is a guy right now trying to break the FKT - his name is Drew Bennett.  His blog is a bit behind and his FB page is too so unsure where he is exactly but last posted is he is 33 days in and 1167.5 miles. He is not going to break the record but his story is quite different from others: he is not an accomplished ultra runner, he is running for a cause (not just the FKT), he is taking Sundays off (and including that day is his time), and he is going North to South (I think most go south to north??)  That last update was 7/21/14 so I halfway expect an update soon.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday