Trailer Trash

PHUNT 50k (Read 38 times)

Hey, this belongs on a local board but I'm not sure there is a DE/MD board...

Anyone out there doing the PHUNT 50k at the Fair Hill Nature Preserve in MD on January 4? I've run there before for an XTerra 13.1, and while I liked the course of the XTerra race, I did not enjoy the race as a whole due to the corporate feel and poor aid stations.

I ran the Delaware Trail Marathon with the Trail Dawgs this April, and LOVED that race. To date, it is my favorite trail race. I'm really looking forward to running with them again, as long as I have the motivation after the Stone Mill 50 miler, of course.

Also, did I mention this is free?  Donations accepted of course.

http://www.traildawgs.org/

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Better sign up soon because it "sells out" or should I say it fills up quickly since it's free!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Better sign up soon because it "sells out" or should I say it fills up quickly since it's free!

Yes, good point! They limit it to 200 runners. I signed up already, will give my donation on race day if I make it to the start line.

XtremeTaper

This is more like a fatass event though it's pretty popular now. The course is a 25k loop done twice for the 50k. There is a central aid station that you will hit around miles 5 and 10-11, then another one at the finish/loop end, so the longest you go without aid is around 5 miles. The old course was a huge long loop around fair hill and in true fatass fashion there were many opportunities to get lost and get bonus miles. The new double loop course is much easier to follow and well marked. I am part of the traildawgs and know most of the organizers so let me know if you have questions.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

This is more like a fatass event though it's pretty popular now. The course is a 25k loop done twice for the 50k. There is a central aid station that you will hit around miles 5 and 10-11, then another one at the finish/loop end, so the longest you go without aid is around 5 miles. The old course was a huge long loop around fair hill and in true fatass fashion there were many opportunities to get lost and get bonus miles. The new double loop course is much easier to follow and well marked. I am part of the traildawgs and know most of the organizers so let me know if you have questions.

Good to know. I am still on the fence about it but I figured after 7 weeks I should be fully recovered from my 50 miler. Glad to hear it's marked well, I know that area can be quite confusing.

skeene07

Dirty Girl

XT- Just wanted to let you know that it is completely redone this year. New RDs. One full 50k loop. No 25k option anymore. New start/finish area. Alcohol allowed at the pavilion. Etc. Traildawgs are awesome people and put on great races.

i will be there Smile

http://staceyrunsandeats.blogspot.com/

4/13 Bull Run Run 50 miler- DONE!