Trailer Trash

Somehow Sunday (Read 27 times)

LB2

I have to get out the door, somehow. Actually, I am looking forward to getting out the door when the sun starts to rise this morning. I have been finishing my runs about at about sunrise the past two mornings. I'll get six easy miles this morning just to shake things out a bit. Actually, that turned into a fartlek workout. And I am glad it did.

QOTD: I have nothing folks...

LB2

Sandy-2

I also got up fairly early on Sunday.  Did 10 mi along the rivers. It was still warm and tropical.

qotd: I also got nothin'.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Daydreamer1

Went up on the mountain yesterday planning on  doing about 12 miles. The temp and humidity were both down, got hit by a little shower with a nice rainbow afterwards. I ended up with a little over 14 and if I didn't have to get home so I could get to bed and get up for work this morning I would have put in another 5-6 miles.  Nice running.

Spending the day at work so it's a rest day for me.

runtraildc

Morning, trailers- got in 5.5 in this morning with a friend on the local valley trail.  No one was out except for a few other runners and a dog or two.  And it was perfect summer running weather-- low 70s and low humidity.  Can't ask for better than that in DC in August.

qotd:  It's Sunday, what's for dinner?  Cleaning out the fridge before we leave on our trip, so its going to be fried rice and leftover roasted chicken.   Good way to use up those veggie and protein odds and ends.   And maybe finish the bottle of wine.  Can't let that go to waste.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

6.5 miles with the running club. Well, just one guy, DD, and myself. Was fun, though, nice pace.

DD found a missing dog, and we returned him to his owner. The dog had dashed out the door early in the morning and taken himself on his usual walk. No owner needed for that part of the day.   But he was happy to be reunited again!

QOTD: Maybe we'll throw some steak and veggies on the grill tonight. The boys had a sleepover in their tent in the backyard, and they'll sure like extending their camping adventure with a nighttime BBQ and smores.

Run for fun.

DigDug2

Great 2 hour run yesterday on the AT in western MA.  It confirmed my feelings (based on running sections in CT, NY and ME) that the AT is exhausting to run on - lots of climbing, tons of up and down, and tons of rocks and roots.  I can't imagine how Jurek went 6-7 times my run every day for 40-whatever days in a row.  7 this morning on flat roads.

QOTD:  Sunday night is pancakes and eggs.

muppy

6 miles last night on way home from work. I was about 2 miles in when I remembered I did not grab my spare key from the car and locked my regular set of keys in my car. Ran home to grab my spare set which worked out quite well because it was the same number of miles I was planning to do.

QOTD I believe we are having  barbecued pork chops.

NHLA

4.5 miles Eagle Rock. Nice Day!

QOTD  chicken tetrazzini

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 8 miles on the AT with DW.  Had some left knee pain (and that's my "good" knee) on the downhills.  Might have hyperextended it yesterday when I hit a root.  Hopefully it will clear up quickly.

Great 2 hour run yesterday on the AT in western MA.  It confirmed my feelings (based on running sections in CT, NY and ME) that the AT is exhausting to run on - lots of climbing, tons of up and down, and tons of rocks and roots.  I can't imagine how Jurek went 6-7 times my run every day for 40-whatever days in a row.  7 this morning on flat roads.

DD2 - We jokingly say if the trail is flat you've made a wrong turn and are no longer on the AT. Same goes for if the trail doesn't have rocks anymore.

QOTD:  Grilled tomato and cheese sandwiches.  We'll be having a lot of tomato's since the garden is flowing over.  DW saw a recipe for parmesan zucchini crisps that she wants to try out, so might have those as well.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

some call me Tim

90 mins of sleep last night, but I've made that single sleep cycle thing work before and was off with the dawn. It was supposed to be 26 in 4 loops but the hills took more out of me than I expected and it got to the point where I felt like I was doing more harm than good and cut it short at 22.

Also, it was a cool morning and I found myself having more issues with Tailwind... it actually works great for me when it's hot, but I often find myself having to drink more than I need just to get the calories in and end up bloated and nauseous. So much depends on knowing ahead of time what your sweat rate is going to be. Anyway, I've gotta figure something out or go back to plain water and gels.

qotd: Lentils and rice and piles of veg I think. Not terribly exciting.

Sandy-2

Came back for the qotd.  We went out for Indian food Sunday evening.  Very nice place just around the corner from our apt.

Today (Mon) is a SRD, I needed it.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL