Trailer Trash

Adrenaline Night Run 65k RR (Read 32 times)

Occasional Runner

Third ultra over the last three weeks and I finally had one come together as planned! 106 degrees at the start and never dipped below 91 all night long. Despite the brutal conditions, we came home with a 2nd place finish. We had an amazing time down here.

Thanks for checking it out!

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2013/06/2013-adrenaline-night-run-65k-spending.html

Kelly

muppy

Nice job on another solid race and congrats on 2nd place! Sounds like it was a bit warm out there, guess its that time of year.

Snowdenrun

Sounds like a really fun run through the night. In the ten or so RR's of your's I've read I think this is the first where you fell back from the lead pack and kept a smart pace. Seams to have worked out really well for you. Nice going on second place!

Occasional Runner

Sounds like a really fun run through the night. In the ten or so RR's of your's I've read I think this is the first where you fell back from the lead pack and kept a smart pace. Seams to have worked out really well for you. Nice going on second place!

I dropped back because I was terrified of the race conditions. There's probably a lesson in there somewhere. I still have an enormous amount to learn about how to run smart.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Awesome!  Several from my local running club were doing the shorter distances.  Agreed, Aravaipa puts on some well run races.

You people have issues 

Birdwell

Great job as usual! You keep getting closer and closer to that #1 spot.

Occasional Runner

Great job as usual! You keep getting closer and closer to that #1 spot.

One of these days, that guy I can't beat will sleep in and miss the race. Then the day will be mine!!!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Great job, Kelly, congratulations on 2nd place! Seems your race strategy worked excellent for you.

Way to tough out the heat and persevere. What is still a mystery to me is how you stay upright on those very technical trails even in the night - must be the new headlamp!

Run for fun.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

One of these days, that guy I can't beat will sleep in and miss the race. Then the day will be mine!!!

You were 1 alarm clock away from winning!  I like to count my position as "# of stomach bugs away from winning".  Congrats on the race.  Sounds like everything came together for you.  How did Jo do in her race?

**Ask me about streaking**

Sandy-2

Great job scoring the Camaro Kelly and Jo !!!

Oh yea, nice running too.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Occasional Runner

You were 1 alarm clock away from winning!  I like to count my position as "# of stomach bugs away from winning".  Congrats on the race.  Sounds like everything came together for you.  How did Jo do in her race?

Jo had a blast! She isn't happy with her year so far and I'm certainly partially responsible for that. She carries a heavy burden with my race schedule and the demands it places on her. I need to find a way to relieve some of that so she can focus on her running a bit more. I've been pretty happy to hear her war stories from the trail and the enthusiasm she's showing about her race. It really makes me happy to see that again.

Thanks for asking.

Occasional Runner

Great job scoring the Camaro Kelly and Jo !!!

Oh yea, nice running too.

I'm a High Roller in the world of travel upgrades, Sandy. This is something you may know a thing or two about.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Congrats on 2nd place, Kelly.  You were an animal out there in the desert!

Occasional Runner

Congrats on 2nd place, Kelly.  You were an animal out there in the desert!

Thanks Jon. I love running in Arizona, but this was my first summer race. It adds a whole new level of difficulty. I have a lot of respect for the people that live and train in that all summer.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Kelly- big congrats on a podium finish!  You already had my respect, but the last two races in the brutal heat has upped it- I am an absolute pussy when it comes to heat!  I'm complaining when it gets into the 70's Big grin

I must have missed it, but what were you using for a headlamp?  single lamp?

Love the white Camaro too!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √