Trailer Trash

What the.... Wednesdaily (Read 27 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Packing instead of running. I'd much more appreciate the serenity of the snowy, icy forest wonderland, sigh.

We are still at home, scrambling to get half our household packed up, including the cat and DS's electric guitar Roll eyes , to drive to my in-laws. Last night's travel plans got squashed not only by the inclement weather, but because my youngest DS lost a fight against an imaginary bad guy, crashed into the furniture, and had to be taken to the ER for stitches. 3 hours and 3 sutures later, he was a happy camper again, only I am wondering now if DH will remember now to cut his travel plans short just to return to have the sutures taken out again. Oh, life! Black eye

QOTD: pass.

Have a fun day, trailers!

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

No run this morning and unlikely to happen later. We're sitting in the Delta Sky Club waiting to board a flight to Charleston, SC for the holiday. I hope you all have a great day.

NorthernHarrier

An hour around the hood in the dark this morning and now some weights. With some coffee. Wink  I think my wife and daughter are heading to the cabin for a few days today so I'll have a quiet thanksgiving here as I have to work on Friday. Probably pizza and beer for me. Or brats on the grill. Maybe I'll make a pie though.

Have a good Thanksgiving people.

No run for me either today. No time plus my glutes and hammies are quite sore from the workout I did yesterday.

QOTD: Will you shop on black Friday?

I will not. It's crazy to me that stores are even opening on Thursday evening this year.

Birdwell

Good Morning,

Packing instead of running. I'd much more appreciate the serenity of the snowy, icy forest wonderland, sigh.

We are still at home, scrambling to get half our household packed up, including the cat and DS's electric guitar Roll eyes , to drive to my in-laws. Last night's travel plans got squashed not only by the inclement weather, but because my youngest DS lost a fight against an imaginary bad guy, crashed into the furniture, and had to be taken to the ER for stitches. 3 hours and 3 sutures later, he was a happy camper again, only I am wondering now if DH will remember now to cut his travel plans short just to return to have the sutures taken out again. Oh, life! Black eye

QOTD: pass.

Have a fun day, trailers!

Wow!  What a great start to the holiday season! Our family has a tradition of someone going to the ER every year.

Hope your kid gets better. Sorry he lost the fight. Sad

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Wow!  What a great start to the holiday season! Our family has a tradition of someone going to the ER every year.

Hope your kid gets better. Sorry he lost the fight. Sad

Yep, here too. I'll need to shop around for an insurance with frequent visitor's rates. Or maybe even a flat rate? Wink Our last visit before that was less than a week ago, for DD's bumped knee (after which she was on crutches for a week - I guess my kids are just naturals!).

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

head out to the hills tonight for 5-6 miles, I've noticed my pace at night is roughly a minute/mile off of daytime pace

qotd: I've never shopped on Black Friday and no intentions of starting Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

jonferg67

Endless trails

I'm heading out for 8-10 in the woods. It's raining and windy but quite

warm, I'm sure I'll have the entire state park to myself.

Safe travels to the trailers traveling today.

QOTD: No

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Nothing for me today.  I am still sick and getting worse.  Just in time to have 20+ people over tomorrow...yay! So no running or gym time.  But I am at work.  Booo!!!! Probably no run tomorrow morning either which bums me out.  It's usually a great time to sneak out for a short trail run before family bombard us.

Couch - running from a bad guy huh? Poor thing.

QOTD: No way.  I'll be at work all day on Friday.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

sugnim

Good morning trailers.  I had a great run after work yesterday & managed to get 2 miles on the river trail, 2 miles on single track hills, and 2 miles on roads for a total of 6 miles from work to home.  A little cornucopia of running surfaces in the spirit of the season.

QOTD:  No.  It's a holiday for the greedy.

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  4.5 on the crushed granite trail this morning.  Better than the busy, paved trail and I wasn't up for dealing for slipping along in the mud on my other trails.  Ran the second half, uphill and fast.  Haven't felt this good in a while-- maybe a break was exactly what my legs needed!?.

Couch-- I suppose DS's adventure will keep him out of the turkey chase?  I"d be curious as to what this group's family or per capita ER visit rate is as compared to the rest of the population.  Big grin

qotd:  nope, and the thought of all that crap eventually ending up in the landfill Dead

Chnaiur

Skipped running yesterday and went lifting. It seems to have killed off my cold, so today I'm definitely going running on very stiff legs .

FTYC: good to see you back! Hope the GI worked out in time for TG!

Sugnim:

QOTD:  No.  It's a holiday for the greedy.

Only if you let it be. For me it is about generosity and inclusion. (especially toward  immigrants - i.e. ME! ;-) )

QOTD: Absolutely no way I go shopping. I plan to eat a lot on Thursday and work out hard on Friday.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Round two on the pines needles today...then Mt Bike ride with the old man.

Tomorrow is a 10K Turkey Trot.

I have been off all week, husband asked if I liked it or did I feel like I didn't know what to do with myself...hell I love it..

QOTD: No, I do not buy anything for anyone at Christmas...may get my friend a book though.  When we are with the family I tell the husband to open his wallet for the kids so they can buy the crap they want.  Undecided I just hate spending on something they didn't really want or need.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

6 on the road today, planned on a slow easy 6 but quickly turned into a short tempo run after the first mile and I turned into the wind. BBurrrr

QOTD:Oh hell no! I hate shopping and dealing with mostly rude people on a regular day let alone on black Friday.  I do most of it online so I don't have to wait in line.

Snowdenrun

Possibly a run later for me today. I'm just about to enjoy my morning coffee.

At some point the boyfriend and I need to get to the grocery store for a few things. We're not cooking a full meal, just parts and meeting up with a bunch of people from his work. I think I'll also drop some homemade bread by the fire dept. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and it would suck to work on it.

QOTD: No. I am sort of the Grinch when it comes to Christmas. It's turned from a family holiday into a greedy season. I generally steer clear as much as possible.