Trailer Trash

Feels like Friday Thursdaily! (Read 30 times)

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all,

Hoping for an early dismissal at work today!  I got out yesterday evening for 6ish miles around the hood.  First time in a long time that my legs couldn't keep up with my lungs...guess there's some residual wear and tear from Manitou or the 40 mile bike ride from Sunday.  The plan for today is to get in some easy miles (hopefully in the early afternoon).

QOTD: Fourth of July Plans?

I'm planning on seeing a fireworks show in a neighboring town...last year it was awesome because they let you get too close to the launch site (a little sketchy, plenty of cardboard rain).  Other than that, I'm hoping to get to the beach on Saturday or Sunday.

**Ask me about streaking**

Occasional Runner

I chased the pup around the mountains for a while this morning. She treed a family of raccoons and was pretty proud of herself. I think I logged 6 miles. She probably doubled that.

QOTD: Heading to Moab tomorrow and will find a spot to camp overnight. MAS 50 on Saturday. 12,000 feet of gain, all at altitude and it's supposed to be 101 degrees. It'll be a long day.

LB2

Early dismissal? Yeah, I was hoping for that, too. But I don't think it will happen, which has set a series of disasters in place. I was hoping to touch 90 miles this week with a 20 miler today and 25ish tomorrow. An early out would do that. I found out we weren't getting that, so I adjusted my plans to get up and run a 10 this morning and a 10 after work, not a problem. Then, a storm from the bowels of Hell hit yesterday as I was trying to finish up a run through the woods. I had to cut that short and dodge lightning bolts back to the house. The lights went out. It was hot. I couldn't sleep. They came back on for good at midnight after blinking on and off 8 times. I slept a little late this morning. I'll run about a couple of miles this evening just to check on the trails. I have a lot of stuff to do and need some rest to run 25 in the morning. I'll probably end up with between 80 and 90 miles this week, and that is good.

QOTD: I am running a long run in the morning. After that, I am resting.

LB2

The air was like dog breath already by the end of our 5 mile trail run.  Neither Marley nor I are fans of hot weather or humidity.  At least we can get out to run early before it is too bad.

QOTD: Nothing much.  Maybe grill and go to the local fireworks.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Good Morning everyone!  SRD for me today, save bikemmuting to work.  It's turned off terribly hot here, we went from highs into the 70's straight to highs in the 90's, no need for 80's I guess.

qotd: going to take my grandson on a dayhike tomorrow and we're going to grill ribs after; have a great long run planned for Saturday-about 20-ish miles w/ ~ 8-9 miles cross country along some high elevation ridges, we then dip down to cruise around several high mountain lakes and then climb out for a big loop Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

15 rocky mountain miles this morning, with a spectacular headfirst-downhill spill on the last half mile. Think of that cartoon character sliding along on his belly, with a hugw pile of rubble in front of his nose. That's what it was like. Wrecked my knee and my shoulder - yes, trail running really ruins your large joints. Can't lift my left arm at all. But on the bright side, I still have all my teeth, and nose and jaw are still whole. Still can't believe what a klutz I am. QOTD: Just work early, then BBQ and watch the local. fireworks from our proven spot on a hill. Have a great day, trailers!

Run for fun.

DigDug2

7 on the TM - didn't feel like braving the heat/humidity today.

Kelly - have a great race, try to stay cool.

QOTD:  Hurricane Arthur is supposed to bring rain all day tomorrow, so local celebrations are all postponed/cancelled.  We're going to a BBQ on Saturday, otherwise hoping for a mellow weekend and a few good runs.

Daydreamer1

Worked last night so I crawled out of bed shortly after noon. I'm hoping to get out for a 25-30 mile bike ride but it looks like a line of storms are moving in. Maybe I'll hit the gym instead.

QOTD:  Work, work and more work. Doing a 24 hour shift tomorrow, off Saturday then another 24 on Sunday. The good thing about that?? Double time and half tomorrow . That's one reason I don't mind working holidays.

moonlightrunner

No run today.  I had to work until 4, then prepare things for a barbeque tomorrow.  I mixed up ingredients for homemade lemon icebox ice cream. Yum.  I will have to take a ton of lactaid to eat it...but I am looking forward to it.

Tomorrow I am running in the T-Rex 10 miler.  I am taking my two teenage nieces with me.  They are both cross country runners.  It will be the first time either of them has run 10 miles.  Tonight I need to get the car cleaned out and buy food we will take...they will need something to do while they are waiting for me to finish!

The weather is going to be perfect here all weekend.  Sorry about those who will be suffering in the humidity or suffering with hurricanes.  You are all invited to come enjoy the weather here...it will be 76 degrees for a high, and low humidity.

Lace:  Good luck tomorrow.  I hope things go well for you.  Sometime when you post put some more pics of your dog up. Pointers are such great running dogs!  I would love to put a gps on mine to see how much she runs when I take her out.

Everyone have a great holiday and wonderful runs!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

I got nothing today.  Spent most of the day in the workshop finishing tapers columns for the front porch and then 4 hours installing them.  We're hosting a family get-together later in the month, so time to finish all the things I've put off.  Woodworking is a huge hobby for me, but I hate to do it under a time crunch.

QOTD:  Pool party at out house tomorrow and then fire works. DW and I are going for long run in the morning.  Hopefully 18+.  Saturday will be sanding and painting the new columns and front porch. 

Have a great day.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!